“Nice Holiday”

Ranked #75 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice Holiday”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had a very relaxing and enjoyable week.
Friendly staff, well maintained grounds.
Pool area very good, beach incredible.
Food average.
A little far from the airport.
Casino and disco not up to par.
Evening entertainment standard.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room. Strange spiral staircases a little tricky.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sab2440
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hi sab2440,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great comments with us. As per your feedback, I really appreciate it as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues or if you are thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,046)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We love Punta Cana and have been here numerous times but to a different resort(s) and we are not very picky people our number one thing is just a clean decent room that does not have to be fancy with decent food and just so you know we paid just over $8000 for 3 weeks so this was not supposed to be a cheap vacation. After spending less than 8 hours (only that long as our agent was unavailable and we had late night flight) @ Sirenis Tropical Suites we were out of there. We plan a 3 week vacation each year to include our wedding anniversary and decided on new location....bad idea...upon arrive my hubby and I each had our own rooms apparently on the high end side NOT....they were beyond nasty so bad that I slept in my cloths with a hoodie on and a blanket from the plane and this was the best of the 2 rooms...stains running down the walls top to bottom on each side of the beds, a stray cat or some type of creature had made a home in one of the beds in the box spring complete with a huge hole and tears with the stuffing for decor!!!! obvious numerous white spots all over top cover on bed, liquid running out from under fridge, thermostat silicone shut, wood peeling off bathroom door like it was in a flood, they wanted to charge to use the safe in your room that is hanging off the wall not safe unsafe!!!! or something and that's just a little of the wrong and again best of the 2 rooms they booked us in LOL. Extra fee if we wanted the water-park which only opened if enough people were interesting in going, it is so far out in location that it is not considered Bavaro area and can not do any excursions unless there is enough people from the resort attending that trip they will not come out for 2 people!!!! The pool we seen was very small and the beach is not whit sands it is brown!!!! The late night food that is available is far from fresh I guess if you like wrinkled up stale dogs or meat then it would work for you.When our agent finally got us a new location the management team finally showed up to show concern after numerous complaints from us and asking if we would re consider staying with them in a nut shell no way...after I pointed out the major flaws to them they had nothing to say!!!! This resort was so bad after submitting photos to agent,Transit my agent firm no longer offers this location. It was absolutely terrible in every way...Hell we could not even get a soda late at night and only during the day if you wanted to pay 10 bucks for it!!! There is so much more to say about this location if you need info contact me as I can not continue to type and relive the nightmare we had.As a foot note after spending half the day between the resort and our agent we had the opportunity to talk to others in the lobby that could not wait for their vacation to be over and to get home, many said we were not getting out of there all I could say was watch no way would we have considered 3 weeks here I would have came home on the next flight. I am glad many like this location but TripAdvisor is for all kinds of opinions and mine does not go with the grain...this was awful....some of my photos to prove it when I locate them I will edit this review to include them.They apparently have changed ownership here the owners have no idea of what the travel industry means to their business

Room Tip: Consider booking at many of the awesome resorts that Punta Cana has to offer..You will have a great...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tracy H
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hi Tracy H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services.

First of all I’m not sure where you got the information about our water park but it is open every day from 9am to 5pm and is free of charge for all our guests. For your rooms, have you at any moment asked for a change of rooms? We are always very open in helping you get a room that you like, you just have to ask. As per the excursions, many excursions have pick-ups at the Sirenis many days of the week; it doesn’t matter if you are 2 or 20 people in your group.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues further or if you are ever thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great and better vacation.

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Got back for this amazing hotel on Feb 28 and wish I could book to go again tomorrow.

From the hotel to the people there is nothing to complain about! I was a little concerned after reading the negative reviews and have to say some people should just stay home. The ride from the airport to the resort was only about 40-45 minutes so don't listen to the lies. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by a nice cold cocktail and checked in right away.. we arrived before check in time so our rooms weren't quite ready but no big deal...your on vacation...relax have a drink and something to eat and boom our rooms were ready. We were quite pleased with the rooms after hearing ...there dated there dated...they are great!!

I had emailed the assistant manager before going to ask to have our 3 rooms in the same building and central in the hotel as we were travelling with 2 small children and my 85 year old Dad... everything we asked for was done and I'm sure that's not always easy to do! But I so appreciated it! Thanks Veronique! Meeting you in the buffet at that hour making sure all was being done right was proof of the pride you take in your hotel and your job! Hats off to you!

The entertainment staff will forever live on our hearts...Banana and Ping Pong you guys rock! That they knew us all by name within a few days and always said hi and made us laugh is what only people that love what they do DO!!

Our maid was such an amazing lady...sweet to her core...always had our room done by the time we got back from a fun day..TOWELS, FACE CLOTHES, TOILET PAPER (atleast 3 rolls always) and rose pedals everyday...above an beyond!

GO ...HAVE FUN...TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

I WILL BE BACK!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank SUNLOVERX3
Hi SUNLOVERX3,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your great comments. It was a pleasure meeting you and I’m happy I was able to give you what you had requested.

I will definitely pass on your comments to Banana and Ping Pong as I’m sure she will be so happy to hear that.

Please contact me again when you are planning your next vacation so I personally welcome you and make sure you have as much of a good time as your first vacation.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2014

When I write a review, I give an objective opinion of all aspects of our stay at the resort. When we holiday, if something goes awry, we deal with it quickly, and move on, so as not to ruin our hard earned vacation. We vacation once per year, so we try to make the best of it from start to finish. After all I truly believe that your holiday is what you make of it, and nit-picking isn’t going to help in any way.

My wife, myself, and her parents were here from February 21, until February 28, 2014. We do our research, look into excursions, sometimes pre-book them but generally we wait until we get there. All excursions will be reviewed separately from this. That being said, we went on Punta Cana Boogies, Saona Island Catamaran, and Dominican Riders Harley Davidson tour.

I was not pleased with the service of the flight, but that is not the hotels fault or issue. Let me start by saying that this is our 3rd trip to a Sirenis Resort in 5 years. With that we get specialty perks during our stay. Not everyone is going to receive the same treatment that we did, and should not be angry if they don’t. Loyalty has its benefits. We are not in the Premium Travellers Club, and will not join any time soon. We are members of the former VIP Club which is now called Sirenis Friends.

Check In:
Our check in was a little bit slow once we arrived at the hotel, but it was still pleasant and the front desk staff was very helpful and attentive. I am not very happy about having to put a $50.00 deposit on a safe key, or being charged $4.00 per day for the safe.
Moving on…Once we were finished with our check in process, we were given directions to our room and told that our bags would be there shortly. The bellman actually passed us with our bags and showed us exactly where our room was located. A small tip and we were settled into our room.

Initial Impression & Grounds:
With it being dusk when we first arrived, it was difficult to get a good layout of the property. We did go for a short walk around to unwind and get our bearings.
In the morning, being an early riser, I got up to watch the sunrise and check out the entire resort grounds. The grounds are absolutely immaculate! The gardeners deserve to get paid more just for the fine work that they do, and I hope management passes that along to them. The restaurants are spread out throughout the grounds, and there are a lot of bars around as well. Everything looked to be in great shape. You can definitely see that there is some construction going on all over the place, but it is to improve the areas that need it and the people that complain about it should just quit. They can’t put a project on hold just because you don’t like the noise or the smells. It’s just like road construction at home, just because it is inconvenient for you, isn’t going to change it. Get over it, and get over yourselves!

Rooms:
I emailed 3 weeks prior to arrival and requested top floor rooms in one of the buildings by the pool and beach. I did get building Q, but we were on the bottom floor. It isn’t what I asked for, but it was more convenient anyways. The buildings are nice and we were lucky to be in a recently renovated suite. I wanted a top floor for a couple reasons; one is so that the chance of any bugs getting in is slim. I don’t recall seeing any bugs at all save for a few flies. There were a few mosquitoes out on one evening, but that is all. Second reason is for a better view of the surroundings. Third is so that we can put our things on the patio to dry and not have them “disappear”. We left several things on our patio for several days with no issues. Fourth is because of the lack of consideration of some other guests with people below them stomping all over the place and being a nuisance. The building we were in anyways seemed to be very soundproof. We did not hear the people above or beside us a single time. I am not sure if we just got lucky with considerate neighbours, or if the rooms really are that soundproof, either way, it was great. In general the room was fantastic. It was clean, comfortable, 2 air conditioners that worked great for the duration of the stay. We had no issues with the shower, and the small amount of dark spots on the tile grout is to be expected with the sheer number of people that visit the hotel as well as the humidity. The bed was a little stiff, but not to the point where I felt it would be more comfortable sleeping on the floor. I actually liked my pillows. A lumpy pillow is a good sign that it is actually being cleaned regularly. Our house keeper was absolutely perfect! She was more than accommodating and did an AMAZING job on our room. We tipped her $3.00 per day on the pillow, and $2.00 a day in the fridge. We asked for some extra beers in the fridge and it always had 5 in it. One day while she was cleaning another room I asked her to re-mop the floor as my wife had sprayed sunscreen on it while applying it. She was more than happy to take care of it instantly and when I went to give her an extra tip for it, she literally pushed my hand away and refused to take it. Her hard work was much appreciated and she is one of the best housekeepers we had at any hotel. I hope that also gets passed on by management.
There is plenty of room to unpack your suitcases in the closet and store them away. The safe is larger than it appears, and a bit out of the way. It is difficult to see into it unless you have a flashlight or something.

Food:
Food at any all inclusive is a touchy subject for everyone. Buffets are there to provide food for everybody. Not everyone wants spicy food, or rich food, or any other variations. They have to cater to the masses and that generally means that the food is bland and sometimes just flat. The food will also get cold after sitting out for a while. With that being said, I didn’t have any issues with the buffet food at all. No it wasn’t the warmest or most flavourful food there is, but I didn’t go without eating, and I’m a bit of a picky eater. We were lucky enough that Jana took it upon herself to make sure that we had reservations for almost every night. She took care of us very well and I am very pleased with the personal attention we got from her. She helped make our vacation very pleasant. We ate at the Steakhouse, Mexican, Italian, Gourmet, and Japanese. All the A la Cartes were great, but the ones that stood out for me were the Steakhouse, Gourmet, and Jade. The food and service was absolutely fantastic! I would like to personally thank Jana for taking it upon herself to make our stay that much more pleasant and enjoyable.

Pools and Beach:
The pools are great. Never have I been to an all inclusive where the pool was 7 ½’ deep. It was very nice that people were able to actually swim without hitting bottom. There is a nice distance between the 2 different swim up bars, which was great, but they were close enough that if one didn’t appeal to you, you could easily go to the other. The bartenders at both were very attentive and took care of everybody very nicely. One thing that always disturbs me about swim up bars, which is why I plant myself a bit away from them, is that people can actually go for hours drinking in the pool, but never seem to get out to go to the washroom. This is the case in some instances here as well. The one swim up area had some nice “tables” in the pool so that you could get a drink, and then go to one of the tables and enjoy your drinks and company. It’s a nice touch!
The beach is gorgeous. There are a fair number of chairs all over the place, but there is a surprisingly low number of palapas. There are palm trees to help shade you, but I was expecting more palapas. The sand was quite nice and soft, and the water was warm. It is a bit of a walk to get to the bar, but it’s not like it’s a 10 minute walk. If you go out and to the left, there are some vendors stores that will harass you a bit, but a firm, but nice “no thank you” was all it took. They are nice people just trying to make a living, and people don’t stop to think about how it feels from their end when potential customers are ignorant. If you go to the right and walk about 15 or 20 minutes, there is a great little beach bar called “Sandy Feet Beach Bar”. This is a great little spot to sit down, relax with a cold cerveza, and take advantage of their free wifi. It’s $4.00 a beer, but the service is great, and they are cold. On the way there, you will come across a bunch of beach vendors selling art and trinkets that everyone else has. They may be cheaper, but I am not sure, I didn’t go there to shop and I just waved them off with a quick “no mas denero”, and they left us alone. If you go up from the beach, you can take a path to Uvero Alto for some more shopping and the like.

General Information:
There is a store on the grounds and the prices are fair. Some things are more money, but in general it’s not atrocious like some other places I have been. There are also various other stores just out on the road that you can shop at. This is also where the doctor is. You can exchange bills at the front desk, but in reality, if you are after some singles for tipping, just go to one of the bartenders or maids or other servers and ask them to break it down for you. There is a bank machine in the lobby, but it is usually not working, there is one out in the shops by the main entrance on the road that usually works. The main buffets alternate their hours when they are closing down for all 3 meals, so if one is closed, just look across the foyer and the other one is probably open. There are a lot of different ethnicities that frequent this resort, so if you greet someone and they don’t return it, they may not have understood you. This also goes for the staff. Do yourself a favour and learn a little bit of Spanish, just some simple words and phrases, and maybe some numbers, it will do you a lot of good. Just remember that you are in their country and you shouldn’t expect everyone to know English. The most important thing to remember while here on vacation or anywhere else for that matter, is your vacation is what you make of it (most times) and little things shouldn’t upset you if it isn’t exactly how you like it.

Conclusion:
In my opinion, this is a great resort that doesn’t see a lot of attention because of how far it is from everything. I would recommend this property to absolutely anyone. There isn’t a lot of after hours partying, except at the disco though I never went there. But it is still fun. It has an exceptional beach and pool, and all the staff is fantastic. The water park on the property is another plus for families. There are a lot of different things to do and the entertainment staff helps make your stay more enjoyable. Before you read all the negative reviews and make your decision based on them, read about some of the positives and like minded people who aren’t expecting silk sheets on pillow top beds, immaculate rooms and gourmet food prepared by one of the top 5 chefs in the world, take everything into perspective and form your own opinion, after all, that is what we have to do every day for every other decision we all make.
I know for a fact that there is something I have forgotten. If anybody has any questions about this, or any excursions we went on, please feel free to ask, I am more than willing to answer any questions, or address any concerns you may have.

Enjoy your vacation!
Mike

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
12 Thank HRLY-RDR
Hi HRLY-RDR,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. Thank you also for being so faithful to our Sirenis family.

Please contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for any requests you might have when you are planning your next vacation. I personally welcome make sure you have as much of a good time as your other vacations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Me and a group of friends travelled in Dec 13 for my 30th. The hotel was definitely not what we expected. firstly we didn't know that it was two hotels in one, the Tropical side of the hotel is much nicer than the Cooctel side. The hotels grounds are beautiful but you are kinda left wishing the rooms were as nice. the first room on the Cocotel side was disgusting and smelt really bad, we were told by our REP (Grammy) that this was humidity, wrong as the other rooms didn't smell this way. the others room were worst however but not smelly, we were finally transferred after 4 days of moaning at Grammy.
Warning** you can find yourself playing russian roulette with the electric socket in your room to iron your cloths, but they sent someone to to shave the iron plug to fit into the socket, it still sparked when you used it but hey you are playing russian roulette.
The food was cold, basic and a microwave was rarely available, I didn't really feel I got a taste of Dominican Republic traditional food.
Oh and by the way the hotel was full of old people (no offense old folk) full stop and to top that off they were the kind of old people who thought it was ok to wear shirts and little underpants to dinner, so not only was the food cold and boring but your eyes were sore from some of the old attractions that found it too tiering to put cloths on to come to dinner.
But anyway the staff are beautiful and lovely, we loved Edwin and the specials he made (Best Drink) and Juan and chocohito was lovely. I definitely recommend a trip to Hard rock Cafe it is a beautiful place and has some life. We had a lovely Taxi driver (Fosforito) that took us everywhere we wanted to go and at a great price. Don't stay in the hotel if you are traveling to Dominican republic, it's so beautiful and full of culture and the Serenis hotel don't show much of it apart from the watered down versions to attract older people, and the music the hotel played made me want to stick my finger in the electric socket or pray my plane landed on the beach (Depressing) as I said not a hotel for lively young people.

Room Tip: Buy a suite (Nice room) or choose tropical only- cocotel is horrid - Go with a large party so you ha...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Meeshapheonix
Hi Meeshapheonix,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities.

I’m surprised to hear you say that there weren’t many young people as we are a family oriented hotel and we have also a lot of young couples that come here. I see you came on December 13th so it might have been why you saw less young people as most families and young couples come for the Christmas holidays a week later.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Kenora, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at the Sirenis Cocotal the week of February 14-21, 2014. The resort is beautiful and very clean the only thing I don't understand is why there are no face cloths on the rooms..but that is only miner.. The Resort grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. The staff are all very friendly and accommodating and our concierge always made sure we were well taken care of. Our Canadian Representative Richard is amazing...we were always greeted with a smile and he is very friendly and was always at the ready to answer any questions or concerns we had and even recommending Excursions that would give us our best dollar value. We went Zip Lining and had a great time as well as did the Side by Side followed by the Catamaran Ride with a fantastic Lunch on the Beach. The resort is great for everyone, it is very family friendly. The nightly entertainment was great every night and there is always something to do at the resort, from beach/pool activities to daily Spanish lessons. The food was great and there is plenty of food at all times throughout the day. I recommend the Steak House as well as the Italian Restaurant. I highly recommend this resort and I would definitely go back. We spent one day at the Water Slides which was a lot of fun as well. The one recommendation I have is please do not forget to bring your sunscreen as it is $32.00 a bottle in the Resort Gift Shop which in my mind is unjustifiable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the D block on the third floor with a partial view of the Ocean and found that to be a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kiebryz
Hi kiebryz,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

Please contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next vacation so I personally welcome you and make sure you have as much of a good time as your first vacation.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a fantastic place to stay for families, couples and anyone in between. My girlfriend and I went for 5 days and had a wonderful time. The staff was always friendly and Salserin the bartender always made us feel at home. 5 stars!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank JdanielsBspears
Hi JdanielsBspears,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m glad to see you had a great vacation.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend another amazing trip.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#82 of 111 in Punta Cana
Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!