“Fantastic Resort and Staff”

Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Ranked #74 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Kenora, Canada
“Fantastic Resort and Staff”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at the Sirenis Cocotal the week of February 14-21, 2014. The resort is beautiful and very clean the only thing I don't understand is why there are no face cloths on the rooms..but that is only miner.. The Resort grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. The staff are all very friendly and accommodating and our concierge always made sure we were well taken care of. Our Canadian Representative Richard is amazing...we were always greeted with a smile and he is very friendly and was always at the ready to answer any questions or concerns we had and even recommending Excursions that would give us our best dollar value. We went Zip Lining and had a great time as well as did the Side by Side followed by the Catamaran Ride with a fantastic Lunch on the Beach. The resort is great for everyone, it is very family friendly. The nightly entertainment was great every night and there is always something to do at the resort, from beach/pool activities to daily Spanish lessons. The food was great and there is plenty of food at all times throughout the day. I recommend the Steak House as well as the Italian Restaurant. I highly recommend this resort and I would definitely go back. We spent one day at the Water Slides which was a lot of fun as well. The one recommendation I have is please do not forget to bring your sunscreen as it is $32.00 a bottle in the Resort Gift Shop which in my mind is unjustifiable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the D block on the third floor with a partial view of the Ocean and found that to be a...
2 Thank kiebryz
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hi kiebryz,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

Please contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next vacation so I personally welcome you and make sure you have as much of a good time as your first vacation.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,045)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a fantastic place to stay for families, couples and anyone in between. My girlfriend and I went for 5 days and had a wonderful time. The staff was always friendly and Salserin the bartender always made us feel at home. 5 stars!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank JdanielsBspears
Hi JdanielsBspears,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m glad to see you had a great vacation.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend another amazing trip.

Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was very impressed with this resort. It was very clean, the staff were excellent(and entertaining) and the beach was beautiful!! The food was good and there was lots of variety! I am very glad we booked with Transat.- Richard was very helpful and accommodating!! The only complaint from our group was that the beds were a little on the hard side. All in all, it's a great value for your money!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cheralyn A
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hi Cheralyn A,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort enjoying the staff, the beach, the variety of food, and the cleanliness of the resort.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as the first one.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed at this resort for two weeks (February 12 - 26, 2014). The resort was beautiful. The grounds were very well maintained and clean. The beach was amazing. Lots of beach chairs and space available however you do need to reserve a spot early! And I mean early, some mornings 8 am was too late. The pools were clean and pretty quiet. Due to the number of pools there is an area for everyone. The rooms were basic but nice. We didn't spend a lot of time in the rooms so they met our needs. The food was okay nothing to write home about no complaints either. Lots of options at the buffet. The a la carte restaurants were good. The steak house and the Japanese were by far the best. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Recently the resort has opened up to Russian visitors and there were a lot of them. Not to generalize but they seemed to be fairly rude and pushy but you can always make the best of it. The resort is pretty far away from Punta Cana and you are essentially stuck on the resort which for us was not that big of an issue. Overall I would return to this resort

Room Tip: The higher up (2nd and 3rd level) seem to be less musty smelling.
3 Thank Jesse D
Hi Jesse D,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your comments.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was my second time at this Hotel. My first stay was from 11 to 18 of january on Cocotal side. I loved it so much that i came back from the 19 to 26 of february and visit the Tropical suites side. For a couple reasons, first one is because i'm going to study in the traveling domain and wanted to know more about the sirenis hotel punta cana. But the most important reason is the overall staff employees of every area or department are absolutly the best there is for many reasons heres a few. When i came to the hotel for the seconds time, first before i got here i received a e- mail from the assistant direction Veronique Garon stating Jimmy we are very happy that you choose to come back to the Sirenis family. If there anything i can do to make your stay or if you encounter any problems what so ever ,go to the reception and ask for me it will be my pleasure to solve and answer your questions to any problems you may have or any questions whats so ever so i can make your stay the best you can have and ill make sure you love your vacation!! WOW it goes to show you how much they care about us ! The service is absolutly the BEST!!! I want to thank a few employees and staff members that makes a whole world of a difference at that hotel . BAR STAFF(LOBBY) ; Special thanks to Sergio,awilda,Marieleidy,Liliana,Milly,Both Angelica's, Jennifer. BAR STAFF (BEACH) Ohan Ulio, and Ohan,Cleto.I maybe miss spelling there names sorry for that !! They are the Best !!! BAR STAFF (POOL SIDE) Ulio,and Jency Just awesome guys !! Now the ANIMATION TEAM !!! Amara,Tony montana,Banana,Mario usher,Alvin,Manuel,mini Mouse , Gaby, are just the best animation crews they are absolutly insanely great!!! And a big applause to all the dancer's they are so great at what they do they make the theater vibrate they are awesome to watch! A special thanks to the Cooks ,Chefs, all the staff in the buffet they serve you with care and always with a smile! And a special attention to the cleaning lady's they do a good job and work very hard to clean our mess and whats so nice about them is they talk to you say hello how are you and even start conversations they dont just ignore you like ive heard from ohter hotel's At the Sirenis they are so nice And friendly!! And by the way i noticed something awesome every time you come back it gets better and better because you become family and i can say today that im part of the Sirenis family ! No1 reason this Hotel is so Great is there are so nice friendly they smile to you they talk to you with care !! I'm coming back you bet to believe it oh YESSS !! :))))))!

Room Tip: For couples Cocotal or tropical! Solo any rooms is a good room.Traveling with kids Tropical corner...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Jimmy P
Hi Jimmy P,

It was very nice meeting you when you were here and hopefully we’ll see you again very soon! I will definitely pass on your great comments to our staff, as they will be so happy to hear that.
As I mentioned to you when you were here, don’t hesitate to contact me again when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you spend another memorable vacation with our Sirenis family!

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We just retuned from a wonderful vacation at Sirenis Resort Punta Cana. As a Canadian who travels to the Caribbean for vacation each year, I will give you a more realistic review of this resort. First of all this is a very nice resort. It is not a 5 star but a 4 star. Let’s be honest here, although it states a 5 star, for the price you are paying for this resort you have to be more realistic. We need to stop comparing hotels in Caribbean to North American standards. The resort is a nice size and the grounds are impeccable. The gardeners do a wonderful job. We stayed in the H-building on the second floor. It was a nice clean comfortable room with a nice partial view of the ocean. It was just far enough away from the loud music from the pool. The bathroom was clean, however, there needed to be some quality controls in place, as the removable shower head was falling off and the tub was very very slow draining, resulting in us have to shower with large amounts of water in the tub. The maid was very friendly and did a great job cleaning the room each day. The thing I found odd was that she took all the towels each day and did not bring clean ones until late in the afternoon. Never had that happen before. There are no facecloths as well. The food in the buffet was fine. There was always lots of choices and the waiters were also really friendly, given their very busy job. You only get two reservations at the other restaurants (which I find too little), but we managed to get one more. They were all very good, but we enjoyed the Japanese the best. On arrival you will be given a concierge to assist you with any of your needs. We had a gentleman named Melvin, who did a great job looking after us. There real role is to get you to have the VIP breakfast and then the Time Share brief by very pushy sales people. We did not want to lose almost two hours of our vacation so we opted out. Use your concierge a lot in the beginning to assist your needs. They will do almost anything to get you to the VIP breakfast. The beach was fantastic, sandy and secluded from other resorts in the area. The pool areas were nice and where keep clean at all times. We like the side with the swim up bar. It was quieter and provides better views. There is a problem of people reserving pool chairs and beach chairs early in the morning. If you don’t reserve a chair by 8:00am, you will not get a chair with shade. There is a little market down the beach that is really nice and we had vendors come to the resort twice during our stay. The main lobby was very popular at night and had a really good band playing almost each night to entertain prior to the nightly show. We also enjoyed the hotel entertainment team. They always did a great job. We only did one excursion, the dune buggy where we went to Macco beach, typical market, and swimming in a cave. It was well worth the $50 per person. Also, as stated in the other reviews, there are lots of Russians here. I don’t judge a book by the cover, but we found as well that they are rude, pushy and not friendly as the other tourists from different countries. Oh, I almost forgot, the aqua park is very good and is located just outside the main lobby. My entire family really enjoyed it and we spent a lot of time in the morning there. You can get food and drinks there as well.

These are my recommendations to improve this resort. The $50 deposit for the safe is unnecessary, the WIFI costs are very expensive and it is too slow, more quality control is needed in the rooms and around the buildings and the Time Share promoting gets to be a bit annoying after a while.

5 Thank Scott W
Hi Scott W,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m glad to see you enjoyed your trip, the resort and the great services of our team had to offer.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at the sirenis feb 16-23. I had emailed Veronique ahead of time to request a room close to the beach and a higher floor and my request was granted! We even had a corner view of the ocean from our balcony! The grounds are beautiful the beach is clean and the pool is really nice. I normally don't like pools but this pool bar was awesome. And it was great to watch the afternoon activities while sipping a cool drink. I have to give the entertainment team an A+ for effort. They worked hard to keep us entertained all day and during the evening shows. The circus show was amazing! I would have liked to see more local acts instead of a Michael Jackson singalong. The local band in the lobby could've played more Latin/local music instead of covers of pop songs. My friend was disappointed that she didn't get to use her salsa moves especially after taking classes here at home. Same goes for the disco which catered to the younger crowd only. The food was great with lots of variety every day. The crepes at breakfast one morning were amazing - I wish they had them everyday. All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and always had a smile on their face. . Thank you Veronique for replying to my emails and accommodating my requests. We had a great time overall and I would return to this resort.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank zaeen D
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hi,

Wow, thanks for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I’m glad you loved the room, the grounds, the beach, the staff, and the crepes. I’m happy I was able to accommodate you with your request.

As per the salsa dancing, for all the salsa dancers out there, just so you know, in the Dominican Republic, most people dance batchata y merengue very well. As per the salsa, not many Dominicans dance it but if you are lucky, you will find some exceptions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#82 of 111 in Punta Cana
Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!