“very nice hotel, great for the price.”

Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Ranked #73 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“very nice hotel, great for the price.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

just went there with the family, 8 adults 3 children 9,8,3, spent 4 days from thursday to sunday, good show on thursday the other two nights was just ok.... buffet food was very good and tasty staff friendly they even got a drum and a guira and sang happy birthday to my 8 year old. a lot of good drinks in the bar. did not like that you can only reserve 2 restaurants during your stay and none the first day. water park is really good and is just 3-5 minute walk, kids love it. i will go back specially for the park it´s somehting that others hotels don´t have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank duquela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,032)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went to Sirenis Tropical Suite on June 22-29,2013. Wow! To be honest I've been to Occidental Grand, IFA Villas Bavaro, Ocean Blue and none of them has pleased me more than this hotel. Eventhough the ride from the airport to the hotel is about an hour and 10 minutes long, it was well worth it!The staff is very polite and always trying to please you. Check was very fast! The room was very clean and the air was excellent not like Ocean Blue that the air did not function well. In the buffet there was variety of food and very delicious. The pool,beach were great and the food there also. In the pool area there were animations which were very funny.....I'll always remember Sexy Papi.....he's hilarious! The Animation in the theather were good, except for the show of remembering the 80's...i didn't like that one. The water park UFFFF! Exciting!! My famiky is of 6 members.....everyone single one of them died to go there and have fun in the slides, etc....Must add...this was first hotel that permitted our kids in the disco in a family night! My 8 year old was pleased, since he has never gone to a disco, my 3 year old danced the gangnam style in the center of the disco...it was hilarious! The only thing that I can mention that I thought was unfair was the prices in the hotel stores....too expensive! A hershey's chocolate bar $3.00...A candy in shape of a hen $7.00 and it only had a couple of gum inside! Advice!!! Bring candy from your hometown! But other than that.....It was a pleasant week and we love it!

OOHHH! Recomendation to the Hotel- Please try to acquire carts for transportation from the hotel to the room areas and to the Water Park! We could walk....but it would be alot easier if we had a lift!!!

Room Tip: Choose Tropical Suite...the rooms are nicer! It has a living room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Yanira28
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Sirenis Tropical Suites is set in the most beautiful grounds, with palm trees, flowered gardens and water features. The journey from Punta Cana airport was approximately 75 minutes. It was one of the furthest hotels out and we made a couple of drops at other hotels along the way. However the bus journey was comfortable and if you are interested you can really see some great sights in Bavaro on your way through. Our Thomas Cook rep was pretty knowledgeable and she made the journey more enjoyable by telling us some interesting facts as we passed various places.

A good point to remember is to buy your Tourist Card before you leave the UK. I bought ours online from the Dominican Embassy website for £10 per person, plus a small postage fee and they were sent to my home address pretty quickly. It saves you having to join this queue at Punta Cana airport, instead you just join the queue for immigration. It's worth it especially if you're last off a full flight! As you would expect you also encounter the nice baggage men who insist on wheeling your cases through the airport to your transfer/taxi. If you don't want to tip, just be firm and nice and take hold of your own bags, it's not exactly a big airport so you don't have far to go.

The staff on arrival at Sirenis were lovely. Very warming and friendly and made us feel welcome straight away. Check in was effortless and relatively quick. The bell boys generally move your cases from your coach to the lobby and then reception mark up your cases with your room number for the bell boys to deliver your bags to your room. If you want to take your cases yourself, then you can. You might be waiting up to half an hour for the bell boy to arrive, so bare that in mind if you don't fancy the wait.

We stayed in room R006 on the Tropical Suites side of the resort. We had previously seen via Trip Advisor that some rooms had been updated and had a much more modern look to them. However our room, although very clean, was a little tired looking and out of date. We didn't see this as a problem and we were more than satisfied to stay. If you want to rent a safe, then you can for about $50 per week. It's not a huge safe. It will probably fit one tablet PC, small camera, passports, money and jewellery in it. Every room has a balcony with sliding patio doors. Two double beds. Celiling fan. Air conditioning in the bedroom and the lounge. Decent size bathroom with hair dryer. Plenty of wardrobe space for clothes and cases. TV in the bedroom and in the lounge. Mini bar in the lounge with water, Fanta, Sprite and Coke. There is no alcohol in the mini bar. The fridge is replenished each day.

We were very impressed with the staff on the resort. They all say hello to you in Spanish, but they all make the effort to speak, which I think is excellent. There are always staff cleaning something! The rooms are cleaned daily by your maid. There is also an army of staff cleaning all the walk ways and public areas of the hotel. Also the gardeners do a fantastic job keeping the resort looking so beautiful. Our room was near the fence boundary and there was always 24 hour security guards patrolling the perimeter fence.

Our biggest disappointment during our stay was the constant harassment from the Sales people. Although they were very polite and friendly, it did eventually become quite irritating and we even had to make special detours so we could avoid the confrontation!! You'll most likely have a phone call to your room inviting you to a VIP breakfast on the first morning after you arrive. The is basically their opportunity to pick you up from your room in a golf buggy one morning, drive you to breakfast and then drive you to one of the Concierge stations or the Conference Suite and then hard sell at you for up to 3 hours. If you are like me and can't stand sales, then turn down the offer politely, but be prepared to be asked more than once to attend during your stay! The other annoyance we found was the market tradesman which line up their stalls a couple of times a week along the main walk way between the rooms and the lobby. I'd like to say that they are all lovely and friendly but the pressure to stop and buy is relentless. It's ok being asked once, but you might find it bothering you after the 20th time!

The beach area is outstanding. The sand is white and the water is a gorgeous blue! The hotel was less than half full during our stay so we found there were plenty of sunbeds to chose a decent spot and somewhere with a nice area of shade for when things got too hot. There was always a good strong breeze when we were on the beach which kept you cool whilst sunbathing, but be careful not to lie in it too long and burn. The wind near the pool was very still and therefore you could feel the heat far quicker and feel yourself burning, so a high sun factor is definitely recommended.

I don't want to turn this into a negative review and I respect everyone's individual tastes vary, but I felt that the food wasn't that great. We gave it every opportunity and we sampled lots of different things but we found that the taste and quality lacked a little. Be careful with high risk foods like chicken and rice and checked how its served. I had some examples where rice was served on a hot buffet tray under the heat lamps, but the rice was stone cold - similarly with some of the chicken dishes. I had 4 days towards the end of my stay where I was quite ill. I'd recommend you take sufficient medicine like Imodium with you as this is very expensive in the Dominican. Without question, the best two restaurants we ate in we're the Steakhouse and the Oriental. Our least favourite were the Mexican and the Italian. I can recommend the steak and the salmon meals from the Steakhouse. The dining experience in the Oriental is great, as the chef cooks your food right in front of you, it'll be the freshest food you'll eat. We were disappointed with the Italian mainly due to the atmosphere in the restaurant. It wasn't very Italian - very modern and so white and bright in there that I recommend sunglasses! The drinks on the resort are ok, but I don't rate the wine at all, very poor quality and tastes cheap. The best food that we enjoyed was on the beach at the BBQ. We enjoyed fresh burgers and sausages in some lovely fresh bread and salad. It's very convenient too if you are on the beach or by the pool.

There is WiFi available in the lobby. I paid $50 for a week unlimited. Quite expensive, but keeps you in touch back home if you want too. Skype is much better value than using a phone card. I was quite impressed that I could even connect to the WiFi by the pool and even by the beach.

The hotel is set in pretty large grounds, so be prepared to walk a fair bit. It's not all that bad though because the grounds are well maintained and pretty to admire. The shows and entertainment at night was pretty good. The general theme is dancing to popular music and they do it in a variety of different shows. There is a casino near the theatre and there is also a disco.

If you travel with Thomas Cook, then I can recommend the Megatrucks excursion and also Saona Island. Both trips are $99 each per person. Megatrucks is a converted army truck that takes about 28 people off on a tour of Dominican life. The trip is all inclusive so it includes all your beer, rum and soft drinks and lunch. You spend about half an hour horse riding on a ranch before being driven into the mountains. You see a sugar cane plantation and get to sample some sugar cane. You'll visit a Domincan families house and see them growing coffee beans, pineapples, mango, bananas and cocoa beans in their garden. You'll also taste their drink Mama Juana! You visit a local school, if you go in term time and the kids sing a song for you. You can take a gift of pencils and sweets to give to the kids. There is also a man who turns up on a motorbike covered from head to toe covered in snakes and spiders, however on our trip he never showed! You also get to spend some time swimming on Macao beach. Lunch was served in a purpose built hut with stunning views over the tops of the trees. You get to have a dip in the river also!! The excursion to Saona Island was a long one but it was worth it. From Bahyahibe we took a Catamaran along the coast to the Island of Saona. This took about 2 hours. The water in the Caribbean Sea is fantastic. We arrived on the island and then had a gorgeous buffet BBQ lunch. We had a massage on the beach and had a couple of hours free time to swim and sun bathe. The journey back took about 2.5 hours as they used the sail on the Catamaran rather than the engine. The crew on the boat keep you topped up with drinks and they even have you up dancing!

On the whole, Sirenis is a beautiful resort to stay at. I can't fault the staff or the facilities as I thought they were fantastic. My experience was slightly tainted by the quality of the food, but that's not to say that when you visit you won't get good food, you'll most probably have a great experience.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank mattmasonuk
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Not include internet and save box.
Service excellent and facilities too. My room was clean but my friend not.
Good Hotel and very familiar.
Rest food was excellent. Tepanyaki fabulous. Mediterraneo Rest super and service excellent. Darling, the waiter, excellent, the best.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Tamygar
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I spent a week of our honeymoon at Sirenis Tropical Suites, and the Sirens worked their magic to enthral us both. The staff were brilliant, so friendly and helpful and although the room was fairly basic, being so close to the beautiful beach and in the Caribbean, it was comfortable and we slept well, so we forgave that. – Reception is poor but anyone here wanting to watch the tv needs their head read!

The food was varied and very good in the Sanoa restaurant (although the same as the restaurant opposite, it was slightly smaller and felt more intimate) Part of the deal was two a la carte restaurants per week, as it was quieter in June, we managed to get a third and enjoyed the menus at the Mediterranean, Italian but Jade the Teppanyaki grill was superb: an excellent show and the grub didn’t disappoint! The mini bar in the room was a bit dissapointing but the all-inclusive bar admirable.

This is a perfect place to lounge by the pool, enjoy the swim up bar and further lounge on the beach and work on the tan.

Excursions from the Hotel are wide ranging, heartily recommend swimming with dolphins at Dolphin Explorer (The impulse of nature) expensive, but you do swim with FOUR dolphins, it is not an every day experience.

We can’t comment on the peak season, if busy or overcrowded of course the experience would be different. OFF PEAK it’s great for a quiet, hot, and relaxing time. Families looking for fun packed adventure might enjoy the adjacent water park and the day can be divided up into activities but Disney it isn’t. For those with no little ones looking for a quiet break but are ok with a few minors Sirenis may be the place for you.

Would we go back… Yes. So there is your answer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jonathan H
tropicalsuitescasino, In House Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Jonathan H,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write the review knowing that you had a great Honeymoon between us.
I am taking your points into account in order to improve the customer service so if you decide to come back be able to see the changes.
Please feel free to contact me at inhousemngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back to the hotel at any time to welcome you personally and make sure you have even better experience with us.
Chard, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although with every hotel there can be many minor faults with the Sirenis I have to say there are few. We were in J005 which was a standard room but large and with a sofa area. Food was of a large variety and very nice although if you go expecting gourmet food then all inclusive probably isnt right for you. we used three of the Al a carte restaurants of which you are allowed 2 a week. the Mexican and Italian were very nice but the steak house was excellent. Beach was incredible with a BBQ everyday for if you fancy a change from the buffet. Water sports such as Canoeing and snorkeling are including but you have to pay a deposit. room was cleaned daily to a great standard.

Trips as with anywhere are reasonably overpriced we went on a boat trip to an Island at a cost of roughly £70 each although i have to say it was very worth it as the island was beautiful.

We took Dominican Peso currency however we probably would have been better taking American Dollar as everything is priced in Dollar so means you don't need to keep asking however anywhere will except both.

My advice would be to pack some Imodium as many of the guests were mildly ill however the Pharmacy on site was quite basic and quite pricey.

I am the kind of person that likes to try somewhere new every time I go abroad however it is safe to say I plan on returning to the Sirenis or at least the Dominican Republic in the very near future. I would highly recommend a Holiday to the Sirenis.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Will B
Dear Guest,
First of all thank you very much for writing your views about your holidays at the resort.
It is a pleasure to know that a person that normally likes to try somewhere new on his travels is pretending to return to the hotel.
I leave you my email if you decide to return to the hotel to make sure everything runs smoothly again for you.
Email: inhousemngr.dr@sirenishotels.com
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from 7th July until the 22nd July 2011, I was looking at my pictures on my computer and found my holiday ones so thought I should finally write my first review!

The hotel itself was fantastic, both the grounds and buildings were immaculate, we stayed in a premium connecting suite which was brilliant, one room had a king size bed, (we fit 4 adults on it comfortably to watch a dvd!) premium bar and stocked fridge, big flat screen tv with dvd player and en-suite bathroom with a bath/shower etc, the second room had two double beds, big flat screen tv with wii, stocked fridge with an en-suite with a shower and both had doors to the shared patio. (both bathrooms had phones by the toilet? Great for toilet paper emergencies I guess!) The only issues we had with the rooms was the wifi had connection problems but we reset the router ourselves (shhh don't tell the hotel) and that sorted it out and we had to ask to get games to play on the included wii.

The pools were fantastic, the swim up bar is a real treat, I'm an early riser so I was always up quite early to go take photographs and I saw the pool staff every morning cleaning the pool and setting everything up and they kept at it continually throughout the day.

We were part of the Sirenis club at the time so had access to private areas by both the beach and the pool so we didn't struggle to find some shade or sun depending on what we wanted but there was plentiful sunbeds both on the beach and around the pool in the public areas.

The beach itself was fantastic, unfortunately at the time we went there were tropical storms on a night which brought up a lot of seaweed and rubbish onto the sand but the gardeners worked tirelessly on their little tractors clearing it every day. The sea is great, it gets deep quite gently so is good for children and just a short swim out is some coral and rock formations for snorkeling. I was unfortunate enough to step on a sea urchin snorkeling on the first day and one of the animation team helped remove the spine while a family member held me down so swim shoes are probably advisable!

The food in the main buffets was great, lots of food I had never tried before such as churros and all the food was piping hot. We ate in the restaurants a couple of times but preferred the buffet due to the vast variety of food.

We went on a few day trips, the first one we went to was saona island, to be honest this was a let down simply due to the transport, we were taken in a lovely small air conditioned bus to a small town and just left there to join up with the other hotels on a larger coach, unfortunately the wait was very hot and we were waiting for approximately one hour. The bus was not too bad apart form the air conditioning wasn't great, the speed boats to the island were fantastic, we stopped off the snorkel on a sand bar and got to hold starfish and saw a pufferfish. The island itself was not the greatest, the beach was beautiful but the food was bland and locals pestered you to buy things, we also got bitten to pieces by sand flies. The way back was on a booze-crise type catamaran with plenty of booze to go around.

The other trip was to manati park which was brilliant to see all the animals and the water show, apart from I nearly stood on a wild snake! (not the parks fault of course)

All in all the holiday was unforgettable for the right reasons and if you are considering this hotel I would highly suggest it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah P
Dear Guest,
It is very nice to see how after 2 years from your last visit to the hotel, you still remember with joy your time amongst us.
Like you very well point, as a Club Member, you were enjoying those extra bits that made it unforgettable.
Please write me back at inhousemngr.dr@sirenishotels.com as soon as you know your next visit to welcome and meet you personally