“Welcome Home”

Ranked #74 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Calgary, Canada
“Welcome Home”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have vacationed with a few friends in 2011, 2012 and returning soon (spring 2013) to Sirenis. Upon arrival I am always greeted with "Welcome Home" from front desk receptionist JESUS. His smile is infectious, and the check-in process is done efficiently. The rooms I have stayed in are clean and spacious, nice little patios, beds are quite hard. The bars are great ... Polaco, Henry, Jonathan, Melvin and Manuel take care of the lobby and at the pool and disco Francis, Juan Carlos and Dariel ROCK!
The beach is amazing, the food at the buffet has a great variety - you will never go hungry, sit in Angela's section - she is a sweetheart, plus there is always snack food avaiable. I was impressed by the Management Team Joaquin, Daniel, Drako who seem to be everywhere all the time, and dealt with some challenging guests, coming from a hospitality industry, their dedication is acknowleged and I recoginise the behind the scene work Jeffery does. The Animation crew are non-stop - Blackberry and Big Mama have energy to burn and the water park is terrific (but $$ not incld). The property is kept up by continous grooming, trimming and watering. The excusion and tours sellers exsist, but I found them not to be annoying - NO beach vendors (that is one way to ruin a vacation!!!). There are plenty of places along the beach to buy and 2 nights a week the main street has local sales. A downside to note is a lack of washrooms near the beach and pool areas. The nightly entertainment is themed and the shows are well done with the resources available. Overall, this resort offers a friendly, fun and affordable location - on a beautiful beach, with sun, surf and never-ending cocktails - it is up to you for the rest!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Cocotalbeach, In House Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Hello Lynn M,
I can see that you are going to pay us a visit for the 3rd time in the coming months so please write me at the address below with dates in order to welcome you personally.
It is always a pleasure to see how people come back to the resort and is able to remember all the names of the people they met during their holidays.
See you very soon.
Email: assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com
In House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,059)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The time is coming again for our visit back to the Sirenis, we go here twice a year and enjoy our time here very much. The staff here we find go out of their way to make our stay the best. We look forward to the best smile that we see when when check in, Jesus is the man! We rarely need anything thing but when we do , he always comes through for us. Then there is Jeffrey, in the office who when he sees us is there to make sure that everything is ok and if we need anything. We find all the staff here are very friendly and helpful. The food is great and the bars very entertaining. Love to go see the guys at the lobby bar, Polaco, the best always know what we are drinking and we are never left waiting. All the staff there are great. So I must say I can't wait to see everyone again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank shutterbugpl
Hello shutterbugpl,
Thank you for taking the time to write the review at the same time that I invite you to write me at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com before this next visit that your announcing to be able to know your date of arrival to be able to meet you personally.
St. Paul , MN
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is going to be a very tough review to write! SO many mixed emotions about this trip. I will try to stay objective and Hit the important parts. We traveled with a group of 13 friends consisting of families with teenagers. Previous reviewers were right..its at least an hour by taxi to the property. We used Alex, a taxi driver recommended in the Punta Cana forum on Trip Advisor, and he didn't disappoint. I had emailed him previously and he was waiting for us there at the airport with a sign. It was 70$ for our family of 4 one way to the resort. HE even stopped to pick up beers and sodas for us on the way. When we arrived, check in went pretty smoothly and we waited at the lobby bar for about 15 minutes for our room to be ready. The lobby has wonderful areas to gather and visit with friends to have drinks, talk or play cards. Everyone in the group agreed that this was the Sirenis' best feature. We stayed in Building R on the Tropical suites side and found this to be a great location. It was on the edge of the property almost to the beach. It was extremely quiet and away from all the hustle and bustle. No matter where they put you, you will do a lot of walking due to the size of the resort. I liked it but if you have a mobility issue, you might want to be strategic about where they put you. This was the second all inclusive we had been to and was for sure the largest we had seen. The walking was a highlight for me: the paths were clean and the grounds were beautiful and immaculate. I agree with previous reviewers in that the staff is always working on the grounds and it shows. Buffet food at the 2 large buffets and the 2 smaller ones by the pools were well stocked and varied. No one in our group had any problems with food or variety. The Jade restaurant was fun for our group but the other reservation only places were not really worth the trouble. I felt that the buffet was better. Later in the week our group got to know Oscar and Marian, servers in the Macao buffet. They were the best and we quickly learned to go to their section for every meal. I am quite sorry to say they were the only staff that really reached out to us and went the extra mile. About day 2-3 the "little things" that are usually drowned out by the sunshine and beer and the good humor began to pile up.....the beds are awful! I mean it. After 2 days many in our group were stiff sore and not sleeping at all. We have traveled all over, and are not picky but wow....not sleeping can put a real damper on things. One of the rooms developed a leak where urine from the upstairs toilet came through the ceiling, electrical sockets didnt work and looked like they were caulked in with toothpaste. My bedside lamp only worked sometimes. Small things,.....I know but the language barrier made it difficult to make yourself understood. There was almost no one from the US at this resort.....very few folks spoke english (many Russians and French Canadian) so we did our best in Spanish and French. As an American I felt isolated and ignored at this resort. At times my polite requests were met with rudeness. One day while trying to sign out the "free" kayaks I was told I would have to pay $20 per person per hour "for insurance", the next day the guy just refused me and told me no. Funny that my husband had no trouble getting a kayak 10 minutes later, and no one asked him to pay. No one hounded us for time share stuff but we got our share of people walking around trying to sell us tours and photos......very irritating when you are supposed to be on protected grounds. I felt cheated at every turn: money for the safe, the wi fi, the game tables, the photos...... at every turn. The breaking point was when they told my kids it was $5 per hour to use the ping pong/foosball or pool tables....are you kidding me???
ON day 3 we bought 1/2 passes for the water park Agua games for 20$ per person. It is a nice facility and would be great for families with school ages kids. My teens were done with in in about and hour and 45 minutes....so beware of investing in the all day pass if your kids are older. You can eat there and the facilities are brand new and beautiful just a short walk from the lobby.
We will not be back because it simply was not worth what we paid for it. This was the most expensive tropical vacation I have ever taken and it fell way short of feeling like I got my moneys worth. The things I listed really go in the way of our ability to relax. The place is beautiful on the eyes but tough on the body and and the wallet.

Room Tip: Quiet room near the beach in block R.
9 Thank Kay048
tropicalsuitescasino, In House Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hello Kay048,
Thank you for taking time to reflect your opinion on the web. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful resort, the lobby area, the Aquagames, the service of Oscar and Miriam..
I am also taking very seriously all the different aspects of your review to improve our service.
I also invite you to write me at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com if you think to come back in the future to the resort.
Regards
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have never taken the time to write a review however I would like to save others the hassles we encountered. The resort is beautiful, that's all that was good. The overcharging on everything was ridiculous. $ 50 for a safe plus a charge for each day and they're small so don't expect to fit much. With a key not the programable type most resorts have now so carrying the key is totally inconvenient. $18 USD for off bug spray. $28 USD for sunscreen so bring enough that you don't run out. The beds were horribly hard and uncomfortable. Getting a blanket is impossible. No one understands you. You cant get a drink at any restaurant, there is no order to the restaurants so no one serves you. Don't bother leaving a tip for the maids because it gets you nothing, not even the standard fridge refill. And then there's the concierge. What a joke. Dario tells us we were selected for a "special anniversary breakfast". The following morning my daughter was ill so we told him we couldn't attend. He proceeded to tell us that he would likely lose his job as a result of the vacant table. Feeling bad my daughter insisted we go because she felt bad. Stupid us. It turns out to be a 90 minute presentation on being a preferred guest. I was so angry that he played on a little girls fear that she would cause someone to lose their job because she was sick -total scam. I was disgusted by him and the hotels blatant desire to scam people in every conceivable way. I have been to Dominican 4 times and I would NEVER go back to this resort. The Bahia Principe and majestic are far superior resorts.

5 Thank Tammy13390
St Johns
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Let me start by saying, do not believe any negative reviews you read here. I was reading reviews everyday before I left and was kinda scared of going. I was pleasantly surprised to see what this resort had to offer. I am a beach person so all I can say is wow. The beach was 1 of the nicest beaches I have been to so far in the Caribbean. BEAUTIFUL ! There is a quiet pool and a party pool, so pick your choice. The grounds were absolutely amazing. Well kept up by the gardeners. I had a room in building F. It was newly renovated so it was more modern looking. We did the Japanese a la carte and loved it ! Buffet every other night, but that was our choice. There were always different choices at the buffet so no problem to find something to eat. The shows at night were beautiful also. All staff are friendly even the guys on the beach trying to sell you excursions. Please don't just ignore them when they come to talk to you. Just say no thanks with a smile. We did the doom buggy excursion and had a blast. Be prepared to get dirty . Lots of dust bowing at you.
I just wanted to say thanks to all the hard working staff for making my vacation a pleasant one. I miss this place already and would go back there again for sure. Anyone thinking about going here, don't think about it anymore, just go !!

Room Tip: Building F is closer to the lobby, buffet and the a la Carter's. Loved it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank newfiegirl73
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is our 4th Caribean experience. This has been a wonderful experience. The Beach is fabulous and every thing else has been excellent. Would we come back again? The answer is yes, in a heart beat.
The resort has exceeded our expectations.
We are Premium Travellers, which gave us a few perks not all travellers have, however, I spoke to other non premium travellers and they say they have also enjoyed the experience.
There are a few staff who have truly helped make this experience one to remember. Lady and Catligni in the Premium Travellers area have done everything they possibly could to help make our stay an enjojable one.
In the buffet meals area, I would highly recommend you seek out Angelina Rosario for your waitress. She was unbelieveable. She remembered our names from day one, and provided us with everything we needed. I have never had the type of quality service she provided to us. We lacked for nothing. I watched her and she did the same for everyone in her area. I don't know how anyone has the stamina to do what she does.
Other individuals who should be mentioned include Yafreisy, the lively drinks lady and Julio at the pool bar and Pastor in the Italian and Steak a la cartes.
Obviously, we recommend this resort highly. I believe you will not be disappointed if you choose to visit this resort..

Room Tip: A ocean view is worth asking for
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CorinnaandKen
Hello CorinnaandKen,
First of all I have to thank you for taking a moment to write this review. It is also a pleasure to hear that you had a great time with us.
As a Sirenis Premium Traveler you had the chance to enjoy all the services that the Membership offers alongside with all the charm of our staff what at the end is reflected in that, a “Very Happy Traveler”.
Please contact me at assistdir.dom@sirenishotels.com before your next visit to have the opportunity to meet you.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have travelled to many all inclusive resorts in the Dominican, Mexico, and Cuba..and never felt the need to comment on my trip until now! Sirenis Tropical......, the check in...two of our party of 4 never did get their all-inclusive bracelets after 3 trips to the front desk ...staff always had an excuse why they could not give one! The rooms...beds so hard our hips hurt and had to sleep on the extra pillows, stayed in L building...had items stolen from my suitcase, had to ask for the basic water and beer to be replaced in our room ...and on several occasions were ignored!
Restaurants were painful to book,,,,, the hostess at the Jade restaurant was very, very rude, ...beach was red flagged every day we were there.. The check out .....I would recommend to do the night before...Our flight out was early and we were the first to try to check out...the clerk on duty would not give our 50$ deposit for the safe..as we did not have a pink receipt that they did not give to us ,they wanted a towel card or they were going to charge us $ 40 for towels...( this was never communicated to us at check in!) we had to go back to our room and show them we still had the beach towels that were in our when we checked in. Clerk was INCREDIBLEY RUDE! I was still in the line up with towels when our bus to the airport was boarding.... I would have to given them my $50 safe deposit and $40 for the towels!!! one of our party was flying out later and took over and asked to see the safe receipt the pink slip was attached!! so they did give the money back. There were some nice staff! but the negatives at this resort outway the positives Would never return.

7 Thank DVtraveller13
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 112 in Punta Cana
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!