“good hotel but accommodation let it down” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Ranked #65 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“good hotel but accommodation let it down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Hotel on the whole was very good ,Staff couldn't do enough for you but there was a language problem sometimes .Food was good there was something to eat for everyone .The best place to eat was the Jade excellent food and entertainment thrown in,Italian was lovely as well it was are anniversary and my husband had organised some flowers for me when we wnet there,they made a fuss it was lovely. The beach was a disappoinment as it was full of seaweed you would of thought it would of been cleaned up early in the morning. The pool was great and so was the pool bar pool nice and big to swim in.The rooms were a big let down as we have stayed in the dominican twice before and have stayed in better .Room was musty, bed linen wasn't the best, door to the balcony had been repaired a few times as you could tell it had been broken you could of easily forced it open from the outside and at the top of the door there was a two inch gap .Also front door to room had been broken too you could easily pushed the door open to get in . Also the bathroon was really tired the bath had been painted and painted ,sink was rusty around the plug hole and the shower wasn't the best well outdated we stayed in block ( R .) also furniturewas dirty and tired. As there was a party of ten of us paying Around £ 1,200 each we were to say disappointed with the rooms all rooms had something wrong with them.Although there were shops just outside the hotel they haven't been opened yet they are still closed and have been there for two years so you coul;dn't really go out for a walk to the shops. On the whole hotel great but rooms let it down felt we have been robbed of are money. Thomas cook need to look at the hotel accommodation so people know what to expect .Don't think we would go back there again

3 Thank barbara186337

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kinver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

All I can say is I dont know where these grumblers were staying but it was not in the same hotel as us. OK the room we were in could have done with a lick of paint and the bed was a bit hard, but it was cleaned really well every day.
Food :- breakfast a large choice, sweet & savory breads and muffins all fresh, fresh smoothies, a never ending supply of pancakes and the dominican attempt at an "english" or freshly cooked omlettes with your choice of filling, Lunch salads or soup (choice of 2, differnt each day) and then a choice of up to 10 mains with various veg, potatoes or rice, a different theme each day. Dinner even more choice than at lunch and ever meal could be finished with numerous lovely sweets and pasteries.
Of course the pool was warm you morons, it was 35 degrees in the shade what do you want someone sprinkling ice cubes as you swim, the sea was slightly cooler if had taken the time to walk the 10 metres from the pool.
Before you cast stones go on one of the tours like "Megatrucks" that take through towns you to a village, see how the Dominicans live and ten see if yo have a complaint.
Dont listen to the moaners, give it go, but remember where you are.

8 Thank Graeme C
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

We went her for new yr from 30th Dec and my birthday is new yrs day!! the staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived they cudnt do enough for us.... I took my 16 year old sister who had never been away from home befor eand my cousin came with us. They improptly organised a birthday cake with the louis as we sat dwn for dinner on new yrs day! the staff all sang happy birthday to me and danced round the room, it was fabulous and all at no cost! the girls didnt tip them til after they had done it and were NEVER asked or made to feel like they shud pay.
Iv stayed in many hotels in places like Dom Rep and Cuba and this is by far the best! the beach was gorgeous and the pool was clean but busy. The pool bar staff sergio and yimi were so much fun and provided such good service!!
The food was fine, if ur fussy u will struggle but the bbq on the beach is perfect and my sister really enjoyed this!
night time entertainment was typical - a show and such... if ur looking to party this is not the place for you, we struggled between tea and when the show started but the plaza entertainment after the show was fun :)
my cousins fone was stolen on a day when locals were in the pool but we did leave it unattended on the sun lounger and wudnt do this at home!!
we went to swim with the dolphins and this was fab so ensure u take enough money for this - i think it was about $170.
overall the best holiday iv ever had and we cant wait to go back!!! xx

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank amboosh
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

The trip to Sirenis started out pretty horrible the weather in Chicago was so bad I was starting to think it was a sign from up above to stay home. My friend and I booked through Apple Vacation and flew USA3000 Airlines to Punta Cana. The service on USA3000 was amazing the crew was very nice and interactive with the passengers you felt as if you were flying with a bunch of your friends. Apple Vacation bus was at the airport even though we ended up being 2 hours late.

Once we finally got to Sirenis the grounds look clean and amazing. People were hanging out in the lobby area. The gentleman that checked us in greeted us was a smile and also our concierge was right there to see if she could help us with anything. We had a room right on the beach can I say AMAZING. The food was great, the drinks were great, and the nightly entertainment was awesome.

If you are looking for a great time with your partner, best friends, children, or just alone this is the place to be. The rooms are very clean. Concierge service is located all over the hotel so you don’t have to feel like you need to walk to the front lobby. They have different restaurants that you can pick from each day or you can eat at the buffet. If you are looking to get off the hotel grounds your group tour company or even the hotel can get you where you need to be.

If you want great service just be friendly and talk to the workers at the hotel you will see the difference that makes in your enjoyment at the hotel.

Go have a great time… enjoy life
SMILE

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank wheretonext028
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We booked this holiday to celebrate my husband's 40th and while we were there it was my daughter's birthday too. From booking we were told great things about the hotel and facilities and were told of how we would be treated exceptionally as a result. On the flight over the "budget holiday" feeling started by the cabin crew focusing more on selling snacks and duty free than they did on taking care of passengers and ensuring their wellbeing. When I asked for water for my children I was told it would be better if I could buy a bottle or wait until all the snack service had finished when they would get me some tap water, when I said I would wait the staff member was not pleased. The over inflated prices were an insult and I was annoyed that I hadn't been prepared with my own snacks/drinks.
The hour long coach trip from the airport to hotel was uncomfortable and I felt nauseous throughout as it was evident that the driver was keen to get us there as quickly as possible despite the poor roads.
On arrival the shock of smokers everywhere inside the building didn't ease the earlier nausea and although I wasn't expecting a smoke free resort I didn't expect it everywhere I went.
We were expecting a suite - two rooms with a living room area and ensuite, what we got was one room with ensuite bathroom and a half wall partitioning the area where the sofa was. It was basic and it did have a balcony and was clean. There was no "special treatment" for the birthday of either of our party, it was an ardous task to simply book a table at any of the restaurants, trying to avoid the sales pitch and cheesy flattery where they attempted to sell their timeshare rooms instead of providing the service we were told to expect. In the end we ate at the Italian for my husband's birthday and the vanilla birthday cake I ordered was cake with lots of chocolate mousse but for $4 it was fine!
For my daughter's birthday we ate at the Mexican which was equally as good food and much better than the buffet in the main dining room; We were allowed four bookings total during our 14 night stay and there was no negotiation despite the family celebrations. The Japanese/Oriental restaurant was best in our opinion, the chef cooked the main course in front of us and it was quite a show, definitely the best culinary experience of the holiday. Having a buffet for breakfast and lunch every day with almost identical options as well as on 10/14 nights it was just too much particularly as the food was displayed openly for guests which meant that insects/flies were crawling all over salads and breads. POOR!
Despite a few torrential downpours and the odd thunderstorm which no one can predict or avoid at that time of year the weather was warm and sunny most of the time enabling our children and us to enjoy the pool although staying on the tropical side of the resort was a must for us as we preferred not to participate in pool volleyball or football.
Overall I would suggest that non-smokers would be better choosing somewhere that had designated areas for smokers as poolside as well as in the bar area it was suffocating at times and even during the cheesy (dance/tribute) and fantastic (Circus) events at the theatre it was impossible to find an area without smoke.
Finally when I complained I was given the brush off by Becky saying I was simply mis-sold the holiday and it was not the place to go for a special holiday (that would be why they have weddings and honeymoon couples there then!). The return flight was much less caring and considerate than the journey out with an overnight flight the meal wasn't served until we had been in the air 2.5hrs and at the time most people were ready to get some sleep; the snack sales and duty free sales were more important than the comfort of passengers as full lights were on throughout the trolley sales. I have returned exhausted and adamant that I would rather go camping in the UK than risk another package holiday with TC again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 280711Brenda
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Firstly I would like to state that I have never written a review for a hotel before. After reading some of the terrible reviews I feel I need to share my experience at the Sirenis Cocotal.

There were six travelers in our party.
Four of us in our twenties, and parents in their fourties.

As a family who cruise yearly I would describe us as having high expectations.

On arrival we were welcomed at reception with drinks. Check in was easy.
When our parents decided they were unhappy with their room backing onto an alleyway, they were moved with no hassle.

The beaches - were beautiful far better than anything in Europe! Some mornings there would be the occasional bit of sea weed but the gardeners would work tirelessly every day to clear it. You can always guarantee a sun bed.

The Pool - is massive, swim up bars are great! Sun beds are always free by the pool but if you want an umbrella be out by 8.30, other shade is available.

The general cleanliness of the hotel is exceptional. Staff work incredibly hard to ensure the grounds are kept beautifully.

The restaurant – is lovely. Whoever can say it lacks choice, I don’t know! Option of carvery every night without fail. Chefs cooking steaks most evenings, selection of fresh fish always an option salads and fresh bread are always available.

Speciality restaurants - We visited the steak house on two occasions, absolutely delicious.
We also ate at Jade, a really fun experience for all the family. The chefs cook in front of you and there is a great atmosphere. The Mexican was a little disappointing, mainly the atmosphere and general standard of food.

The BBQ beach restaurant is a really easy eat during the day. If you don’t fancy dressing up for lunch just take your BBQ back to the sun loungers with you!
The Bars- Spoilt for choice! From spirits to wines to cocktails there is always something on the menu to take your fancy.

The Animation – Always something going on, shows proved popular every night.

The Casino/ nightlife- The casino is great, several staff seemed fed up but you can blame them when working without air con. Drinks are free all night in the casino as long as you are playing. The club was surprisingly busy! Although you had to pay for drinks it was a good atmosphere with decent DJ and music.

During our stay we went on three of the Thomas Cook trips.
Dolphin Explorer – A great experience! Having swam with dolphins before we were very excited. We paid for the longest session in the water with the dolphins costing approx $170. The swim was far more in depth that our previous dolphin experience, and cheaper!

Saona Island – A trip which cant go a miss! PARADISE! Sail on a catamaran for 2 hours to a natural pool, swim with starfish and drink rum in the sea! The island itself is beautiful, bbq on the beach and 2 hours ‘play time’.

Adventure Buggies - Amazing experience, great fun to drive and safe!

Overall our holiday was fantastic. I would recommend this resort to anyone! I feel like some of the reviews below would put me off had I read them prior to going. Therefore I feel the need to express just how great the hotel/ whole holiday was!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Fleur L
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were made very welcome, the staff could not do enough. The hotel was clean in fact the staff were always keeping it clean. . Food was good always a good variety, although my 16 year old daughter did struggle at times as she is a vegetarian. Our hotel room was spotless we had lovely views. The entertainment team were brilliant so many skills and their dancing was superb. We all had a wonderful time and came home totally relaxed The staff from the gardeners to the bar staff were so friendly and certainly not rude as one guest told us, but as you treat others is how they treat you! If you get to do an excursion i would recommend mega trucks, our guide Danny Boy was excellent and we were entertained all day, brilliant! I would certainly return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family