“The service here is incredible! Best meal I have ever had!”

Passion By Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Punta Cana
Reserve with OpenTable
Passion By Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Punta Cana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 285 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington, Virginia
“The service here is incredible! Best meal I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

The atmosphere at Passion, Paradisus Punta Cana, is classy and formal, but not stuffy. It still maintains the "island vacation" relaxation. Our waiter, Juan, was by far the best waiter I have ever had. He was attentive, knowledgeable, and had a truly genuine personality that made us feel like friends by the end of our meal. All the staff at Passion do an incredible job of being available when you need them, and slipping in to the background when you are enjoying your meal. The chef here is absolutely amazing and creative. When I told our waiter, Juan, that i was allergic to dairy, he took me very seriously and made sure to listen to my restrictions. On top of that, we ordered the "tasting menu" which is 9 or 10 individual dishes. When Juan told the chef that I had a dairy allergy, there was no fuss about it at all. The chef simply made the same amazing dishes that he usually makes, and seamlessly removed the dairy for me. When the dish happened to be one based on dairy (like chocolate cake) the chef took the liberty of crafting an entire fresh fruit plate for me, with apple shaved and stuffed with cinnamon, star fruit with cherries. The presentation was impeccable. Overall, the food is unbelievable, and the respect and attention the staff gives you is a fantastic surprise compared to any other restaurants. Definitely eat here!

• Visited February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inspired Cuisine and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I am a chef/owner of a highly awarded and internationally acclaimed fine dining restaurant and what i can tell you about this restaurant is that it is the real deal.

The tasting menu was inspired, creative, beautiful, detailed and delicious cuisine with service that is nothing short pampering. The serving team was graceful, genuine, professional and sincere. Indeed a pleasant surprise, and a bargain for the $50/person up-charge.

My only negative comment would be the lack of a wine pairing option which we definitely would have chosen if available.

This restaurant competes with the best. Well done Chef, Juan and the entire team who made our evening so special.

Visited February 2014
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Excellent in All Ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

In terms of flavor, ambiance, service, presentation and just sheer perfection, this meal came second only to the Alain Ducasse taster's menu in his Las Vegas restaurant (the one before Mix). But, for me, the service here was better because they were so warm and friendly whereas Ducasse had drilled his servers on how to imitate snippy French waiter.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank StarrBeaches
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Juan is the man.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

PROS

The service at Passion is unequalled.
Our head waiter Juan was awesome. He loves people and people love him.
Brownie
Banana Cream

CONS

The beat gazpacho is not on my list for things I will ever eat again. Not Good (in my opinion)

• Visited January 2014
Rome, Italy
“Delicious, Purely Pleasant Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were staying at the Paradisus Punta Cana for two weeks, so looking for some variety, we decided on the hotel's culinary pride "Passion" for dinner one night. We were all blown away, course after course, by how delicious and fresh the ingredients were, how impeccably cooked everything was. The tasting menu is of excellent value. Everything is delicious, Berasategui is creative without obstructing the delicate flavors of his high quality ingredients. Our family (especially our mother), have pretty nuanced tastes, and a bit of fine dining experience around the world - our experience at Passion remains one of the most memorable.

The staff worked really hard, was attentive, friendly, and overall did an excellent job. We would like to commend them by name:

Luisa, Francisco, Manzueta, Marilin, Justo, Daniel, Felix, Robelin and Anyelo.

Of course, chapeau to Berasategui.

Thank you for a lovely evening.

• Visited December 2013