“Not worth the money”

Passion By Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Punta Cana
Reserve with OpenTable
Passion By Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Punta Cana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 284 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newark, New Jersey
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I ate here and paid for dinner as it wasn't included in our list of restaurants. I must admit I was disappointed with the food. I did the tasting menu and was not impressed I ordered my steak well done and it was overly cooked. The charged me for bottle water and for the birthday cake that I already paid for through guest services. At first he didn't quite seem to get it and just told me I would have to pay for it, but later apologized and removed the charge after he contacted guest services which I was trying to explain to him the whole time. He never came to the table and wished the guest a happy birthday which I thought was odd because he took our order. Overall the waiters were helpful, courteous and nice but the food wasn't worth the money they charged. I could of ate at one of the other 11 restaurants and been just as happy and content. The Lapalapa is far better in my opinion then this place and it cost 1/2 the price.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Dee P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Best meal of the trip by far. Excellent service, food, and ambiance. The staff were so gracious and we even got a personal introduction to the chef. Order the Risotto app, it is remarkable. Lamb and steak were great. Prices are quite reasonable considering the quality of the food and service. If we ever return to the DR, we will be back. Muy Bueno!

2 Thank lwerosh
Toronto
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate here while staying at the Paradisus resort. We had the tasting menu, a 7 course meal that was prepared very well and tasted great. Our servers were Felix Frias and Anyelo Amaro. They did a great job and made our dining experience much better. Thanks.

1 Thank Bill H
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“TERRIFIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

One of the best meals we have had in our travels over three continents! One of the best meals we have had in our travels over three continents! One of the best meals we have had in our travels over three continents!

1 Thank Realtor28739
New York
“YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS: TOTAL RIPOFF!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My waiter was JUAN ENCAVNACION. He ripped us off. He poured us water and we were charged 5 dollars for water. We also ordered a gin martini and they charged us for 5 dollars extra for the drop of vermouth. The food was good, but we received the same quality food at the other restaurants that were included in the price of our vacation at Paradissus. I think the Michelin man is out of his mind. Why pay a second time for the same food food that is already included in your vacation package?

2 Thank Pamela M