“Tropical Oasis!”
Review of Hoyo Azul

Hoyo Azul
Ranked #12 of 102 things to do in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Scape Park, Cap Cana. After passing an interesting trail where you will find some of the most peculiar flora and fauna in the Caribbean, you will reach this spectacular lagoon at the foot of the 65mt high cliff. These turquoise waters have a depth of 37 meters in its deepest point.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This was the one excursion I did while in the Punta Cana area. I booked my excursion with Get Your Guide online with Scape Park. The excursion was booked for a Tuesday but after waiting for 30 mins in our hotel lobby we decided to call Scape Park and was told there was a mixup and they had the excusion in their Wed. So take two Wed. we were picked up promptly by a Scape Park employee and taken to the property about a 30 minute drive from our hotel. The checkin process easy. We took a 25 minute walk reveiwing Dominican nature with our Guide Alfredo Fettuccine he was very cool and his assistant took photos as the group walked. Once we arrived at the Hoyo Azul the water appears just as it does in any photos, crystal clear blue! It is quite cold but after the walk the cool temp is refreshing! They give you about 30 mins to swim and take photos ( my sugguestion take your own photos because the photos they take cost about $35) All the photo below I took and are just as cool. This place is breathtaking if you love nature you have to book this trip it will last with you a lifetime!

3  Thank Mnatalia d
Write a ReviewReviews (2,791)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"great excursion"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Freaking loved it! Not only the water was crystal clear, clean and natural, it was cool as ice and with such a tropical weather, it is ideal to dive in. The cave surroundings are a sight to behold, especially under the mesmerizing sounds of the tropical forest.

I will always treasure this experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Our trip to Hoyo Azul was worth every penny and the whole experience was enhanced by Alfredo Fettuccine our tour guide.
The leisurely walk allows you to experience the flora and fauna of the area, however this pales into insignificance when you come across the "Blue Hole".
Alfredo allows you plenty of time to swim in this natural beauty, encouraging jumping in & taking photos. As a family we thoroughly enjoyed our morning & would definitely recommend booking this trip.
The only slight downside to this trip was the 90 minute journey time from our hotel (Hard Rock) collecting tourists from other hotels in the vicinity.

2  Thank Molly H
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. You're required to pay for a tour guide. Your hotel will usually offer a package with shuttle service and all. We paid $59 per person. The tour guide will take you through their ecological park to get to the blue hole. It's about a half hour walk or so there and another back. The tour guide is very nice. Once you get the the blue hole, he'll let you stay there and swim for a good amount of time and take pictures with your camera for you. The water is cold, but very refreshing after walking in the heat. I'm really happy I can now say "I was there". It was a great experience!

1  Thank amc2005