“Greek Sports Bar and Grill”
Review of The Greek Sports Bar And Grill - CLOSED

The Greek Sports Bar And Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Greek, boasts the best seafood and mediterranean cuisine in Punta Cana. Located on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches in the world, The Greek is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The Greek has an air conditioned sports lounge inside with billiards and casino, and 160 seat restaurant right on the beach, with live nightly entertainment to boot.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

When arriving to Punta Cana I was interested in traveling around but of course I was most interested in trying the food. Loving seafood, I knew I came to the right place. While walking along the beach I came across the Greek bar and grill. All I have to say is AMAZING. The food, the service and atmosphere were all very welcoming. I will and have recommended to many. I have gone to this restaurant more than once and I am still very impressed with the service. The owner and managers came over and made sure we were comfortable. I am very pleased and hope this helps anyone who is interested!

Dimitri T, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was great seeing you and your family. I hope to see you again soon. Enjoy your stay in beautiful DR.

Dimitri

Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was the most amazing seaside restaurant I've ever attended !! Great service, and great food, I couldn't be more pleased :)

Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am honoured to have had you as our guests, and I very much look forward to seeing you soon. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

great place...lots of fun...great food....great service....il definetaly return....keep up the great work guys...will be back in december

Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. Looking forward to seeing you again next year. Happy Holidays!!!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend, a Greek American, insisted that we hit up this place while we were visiting DR this week. We planned to go on salsa night. The restaurant offers one-way shuttle service from resorts (roundtrip for groups of 4 or more). The driver was prompt. He let us know that there wouldn't be dancing this week because this is the end of the low-season and tourists would not start rolling in until later in December. When we arrived at the restaurant it was empty, which made me skeptical. However, I was pleasantly surprised. We were seated as close to the beach as is humanly possible without being swept away by high tide. The waiter and manager were quite pleased to have an actual Greek visit the restaurant. They were friendly and jovial. We ordered some flaming greek cheese (I can't remember what it was called), that was delicious. The red wine was served chilled, but we let it sit for five minutes or so and it was fine. I ordered the seafood special entree, which consisted of fish, shrimp and lobster. My friend ordered the shrimp. My eyes grew wide when they brought out large platters of food. It was all amazing!! We ended the meal with a shot of mamajuana and a 1/4 pineapple in some sort of sweet sauce. The manager gave us a lift on the way home, so we didn't even have to call a cab.

My one piece of advice: ask if you can split the entree between two people but order sides (greek salad, rice and potatoes) for two. The seafood was incredible, but the quantity would probably be too much for even the heartiest appetite.

1  Thank wanderrgirl
Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you kindly for your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your meal and hope that you return soon to visit us again. Omega (your waiter) sends his warmest regards. Ohhh, by the way, the cheese that you ate is called "saganaki". Take care and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went There in vacation, the food was good, the drinks were asome and the service was top notch!!!! Will definatly go back!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your patronage is very much appreciated and we hope to see you again very soon. Happy Holidays.