“My second time here.....wonderful time.”
Review of The Greek Sports Bar And Grill - CLOSED

The Greek Sports Bar And Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Greek, boasts the best seafood and mediterranean cuisine in Punta Cana. Located on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches in the world, The Greek is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The Greek has an air conditioned sports lounge inside with billiards and casino, and 160 seat restaurant right on the beach, with live nightly entertainment to boot.
Toronto, Canada
“My second time here.....wonderful time.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is my second time here at The Greek. The first time I came with my children, but this time I decided to come alone and get some R and R. I had a wonderful seafood meal and enjoyed a live Reggae Band. There weren't too many people because it was slightly rainy, but I enjoyed the music very much and made some new friends from my hometown.

• Visited October 2012
DIMITRI_VASILIADIS, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed the Reggae band. I am looking forward to having you with us sometime soon. Thanks again.

Newport Beach, California
“Great Service and food...”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had dinner three nights ago and we were quite pleased. The Chef had greated us upon arrival and had discusses the fresh seafood that was available(located in front of the grill). It was a slow night (dinner @ 7pm) and there were only two couples in the place. All restaurants have been pretty slow this past week. Our waiter(young guy) was very attentive and the head waiter(older bald man) was also very friendly too... We had been sitting at the table that was close to the beach and not near the sportsbar section and the restroom area. The young waiter was ony 20 feet away from us all night.

Also, the Greek has a beach sales vendor that walks the beach.. I know it's a beach vendor but it's legit .. We signed up with him and made the reservations too. The cost was $5 dollars and that amount is deducted from your bill. He was wearing a Greek black shirt with a identification badge from the resteraunt.What's nice too is that they pick you up from your hotel with no-charge in a white Chevy suburban and return you too.. If we were to take a taxi it would be $15 one-way. They arrived on-time.

I just wanted to make sure I added this information because I know we try to avoid the vendors.......I agree there is no parking on the one-way street.

I would come back again and recomend "The Greek" highly.

• Visited September 2012
Dimitri T, Manager at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for your review, is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed your visit in our Restaurant. Thank for clarify some points that could be very useful for our clients.

I take this opportunity to inform our customers that The Greek Sports Bar acquired an exclusive 700m2 lot for parking right in front of the restaurant.
santo domingo
“PUSHY SERVICE AND EXPENSIVE”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I visited this place recently due to the recommendations on TripAdvisor,I regret not having the same impression as the others.The setting and ambiance is ok,though in sharp contrast to the extremely expensive prices (no dish including the appetizers goes below US$13),let's face it: you cannot charge those prices if you have a (nice) beach shack.The bald gentleman that greeted us was very nice and courteous but his attentions ended when he realized,after asking us five times what we would like to have,that we were not going to order expensive dishes as New Zealand lamb rack (who is in his/her right mind would go to a wonderful beach in the caribbean to ask that?) or lobster and never talked to our party again.The place is ok but I find outrageous paying those prices for sitting in plastic chairs and have the unasked company of beach vendors.Next time I would rather go to next door The Moon that really have a luxurious decor and excellent service and the prices are cheaper than here.I would love to go back to The Greek when they come back to reality and check they are not in Mikonos

5 Thank Sibarii
Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guests, thank you kindly for taking the time out of your busy schedules to do a review on my restaurant in the Dominican Republic.

I would like to address your review if I may:

It comes as a shock to me that you found the ambiance to be "ok" at best. The property was acquired for $1.7 Million just over a year ago, and over $1.3 Million has been invested since, in renovations and upgrades. The "plastic" chairs that you spoke of are inevitable on the beach itself because any other material including wood, would be damaged very quickly by the salt, water and other elements. In the main dining area, all tables and chairs are wood, and inside the lounge, all sofas and chairs are made of leather and are extremely comfortable. There is no other establishment that has a more comfortable lounge and dining area. If you were three metres from the water than unfortunately, plastic is the only option.

2. The waiter may have seemed slightly pushy because he has been told by management that people, who come to drink only, must sit in the designated drinking areas. Dining areas are reserved strictly for dining customers. It was confirmed that you did not order anything to eat. Unfortunately, there are too many people that come and occupy tables that are reserved strictly for diners. Drinkers must stay in the bar areas.

3. Our seafood prices are exactly the same as everyone else's on the beach. Lobster prices range from $700 to $900 pesos per pound depending on the season. If anyone sells it cheaper than $700 pesos per pound, than they are not making any money.

4. Our specialty, Greek Food, is on average more expensive than the regular rice and beans found locally, because it is all imported from either Canada or Greece. Feta Cheese, Saganaki, Taramosalata, Kalamata Olives and Tzatziki all come from Greece. And, there is no one in all of the Dominican Republic who has the cut of beef, pork, and lamb chops that we carry as they are all flown in from New Zealand and Ontario, Canada, where families of mine own farms. Chicken is the only item that is not imported as I find the quality to be satisfactory locally. Local beef and pork is very poor grade, and the lamb chops they sell locally are a disgrace. Therefore, if you appreciate quality food than you will not have a problem paying a premium for these imports.

Again, I thank you kindly for your review and appreciate the time you spent to submit it.

I hope my comments were informative and I would love to be able to meet you some day.
California, Maryland
“Excellence! The BEST food!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you're on vacation and are looking to go out for a while, have fun and enjoy great food you must visit "the Greek Sports Bar and Grill!!" My friends and I the day we arrived in Punta Cana we had no idea where to go to eat, we asked the hotel receptionist and she said, that the place to go to is "The Greek". Indeed she was right! We were all satisfied and very happy with the food. I recommend it 100%! The beach and good food is a great combination for a great vacation!!

• Visited August 2012
Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Your comments are appreciated. I really appreciate your business and I hope to see you soon in Punta Cana. Please recommend us to all your friends. We are currently expanding the business and are proud to serve you. Best regards.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Full and Excellent Experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Full and Excellent Experience!

I went this year with my friends in search of a different experience in the summer, cause it is always the same trip every year. So I looked for something different and exciting! The answer was Punta Cana.

One friend recommended me The Greek Sport Bar and Grill. The place is awesome and the service was excellent and fast in every moment. The sport bar has a great and delicious food, the cold beer perfect, the service unique, the atmosphere at soccer matches, the people,all together makes the place unique for a vacation experience.

Without thinking I would go again

• Visited August 2012
Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
I am very pleased and honoured to have had your visit at my restaurant in Punta Cana.

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are very much looking forward to having you here again.

Please pass on the good word to friends and family.

Best regards,