“Wonderfull”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lisbon, Portugal
“Wonderfull”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our 4th time in this lovely resort, this time we took our friends to this hotel and was as allways a unforgetable week in paradise, we realy like this resort because is huge and have beautifull gardens, the food is amaizing ;) and all the employes are realy nice.
This time we stayed in romance suite room in the renewed ones realy beautifull room and the bed is realy confortable.
The restaurant near the beach(arrecife) has been renewed since the last time we been there and is very pleasent.
We want to thank Mr. David Martin for the atention to our requests, making our vacations even better than expected.
We also want to thank François for the simpathy, and we cant forget Emma our maid that kept our room allways clean and organized.

Thank you and we will return for the 5th ;)

Barbara and Hugo Lourenço

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank BarbaraTrilho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Buena Park, California
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Let me first say that this was my first time staying at an all inclusive resort. I have heard pros and cons about all inclusive resorts, but I just had to try it for myself. For me it reminded me of a cruise ship layout except you don't get the shocking bar/alcohol bill at the end of the trip because alcohol is included. This resort was AMAZING. Traveled here for a 1 year wedding anniversary as well as my birthday. Everything at this resort is top notch. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Although there was a pretty big language barrier (everyone speaks Spanish). They tried their best and some spoke English quite well. We spent most our days laying by the beach. Best beach I have ever seen, soft white sand against bright vibrant blue/turquoise water. They do play the towel game here so if you want some shade get there early. The food was quite good, I wasn't sure what to expect. Buffet breakfast and lunches. The made to order food here is the way to go. We tried 5 a la carte restaurants Japanese, Brazilian, Steakhouse, Tex Mex as well as the Mediterranean. The only one that disappointed was the Tex Mex, I would of rather done another night at one we liked. Steakhouse served an awesome rib eye, Japanese awesome show cooking, Brazilian wide range of meats, Mediterranean had an awesome sea bass. We did 2 excursions while staying here, Para sailing (tons of sales rep on the beach try to get you to do it) awesome at a great price, like sixty USD for two of us. Also did surfing lessons at Macao Beach (Macao Surf Camp) I will review them next, had a blast and I highly recommend it to anyone. Lastly I have to give some credit/shout outs to some people of the staff that made our trip more than memorable. David at the lobby bar made us his special "King David" shots (bomb). Also Carlos and Isadora at the lobby bar were very cool people. Ask them to give you some Mamajuana (look it up). We would go to the lobby bar almost every night before dinner and have a few drinks and hook up to the WiFi. The staff got to know us very well and took amazing care of us. Also Alfredo one of the chefs at el arricefe, lunch buffet. He would always ask me how my day was and what we did that day. Mariana at the beach/pool bar is always so happy and dancing and singing, that is what you want on a vacation. Our last night we tried Hemmingways (must do, try the Rum Creme). They serve all the premium alcohol here. Susana found out it was my birthday and gave me a special b day B52 shot, yummy. Overall an amazing vacation for a pretty good value. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brandon M
East Anglia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Having read numerous reviews both before and after booking we were a little uncertain about what sort of holiday this would turn out to be. However, we needn't have worried. We had a great time.
The complex is huge and we were still finding new things on our last day. We normally like to venture away from the hotel but found that because it was so large you didnt need to leave at all. The restaurants were great. In particular the Steak house and the Japanese restaurant.
The beach was lovely, as were the numerous pools. It was such a refreshing change to find a sunbed at any time of the day (by the pools or on the beach) - a first we have never experienced anywhere else!
The rooms varied. Our first room was not 5* and after casually mentioning it to Sharron (the rep) we were moved into a newly renovated room which was far superior. It was right by the pool and within reach of the bars and restaurants.
The train was good for times when we felt lazy but on the whole we walked. (After the huge meals we needed to stretch our legs and ease our stomachs!)
Like a previous reviewer we found the complex was dark at night and we mentioned this at a couple of the Managers reception parties. We found that even our apartment block was often in darkness. For young girls on their own we didnt think this was very safe. (even though it was)
On the whole we had a brilliant time and we intend to take a group of friends back with us next year.

Room Tip: Villa 54 is right near a pool and was a superior quality room. Villa 62 was right near the best pool...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank legin59
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

we've just actually got back so thought i'd do a write up.
Overall the resort is a very nice place with lush gardens everywhere. The beach is fab, the sand is so so fine, the sea was lovely and warm to say its the Atlantic sea.
The a la carte food was really good i enjoyed the chinese night (every Tuesday) and had the Bittersweet Pork (sweet & sour pork to me and you), overall the food was great with lots of various choices to pick from. During breakfast every morning was hard work trying to get hold of cutley and cups, the staff were just slow on the mark to a point that some stopped altogether and the hot drinks were very seldom that they really need to put in a Drinks machine so we could see to ourselves (it works well with GP Riviera Maya). The themed restaurants were good, the Japanese one especially with the live cooking stations and 3 chefs each cooking, that was good to watch. The Americano (Steakhouse) was also good the steaks were oversized and tasty. The Bamboo (chinese) was a let down, i ordered what i thought was sweet & sour pork and i got 2 pork chops with s&s sauce poured on top which i think was a lazy chef that cant be bothered prepping food properly and we also ordered drinks at the start of food ordering which we didnt get until the main course, but the thing was the restaurant wasnt even busy, they were so slow and lacked enthusiasm! The Mexican was fun the staff were jolly and drinks were prompt! Nice one guys! We didnt get chance to try out the other restaurants as we were happy enough to stay in the a la carte once we found a good place to sit and the drinks flowed freely.
Our room was fine, we were in block 60 which was down from the Hemingways bar and we were close to the pool and beach and the other a la carte Ariciffe restaurant which were open 12-4 daily for lunch which again was good food choices. Our room was cleaned daily and we also had a spa tub! They have a 24H Sports Bar which unfortunately does look a bit tired and dated in the furniture and decor and could do with a refurb. They have a disco which is open from about 10.30pm to 3am but sorry to say the club smelt revolting and needs ventillation installing. Theyve an Amputheatre which started shows at 10pm every night which i thought was way too late, so I think that needs to be reviewed. Overall we had a good time and the guys from POP were entertaining enough and a big HOLA to Roberto and Hector from Ian.
If i had to chose between G.P Riveria Maya and Bavaro it would have to be Cancun because we experienced a language barrier as the staff hardly spoke a word of English, some of you may think that i should at least be fluent in spanish but at the end of the day i dont deal with spanish people every day for my job, and only go away for 2wks so no, i dont speak spanish and I think its down to the Hotel group to get them into english classes.
Overall thanks for the time and the weather was just the best so sm pleased it turned out extremely hot.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank LEEDStlk
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Fantastic hotel. Don't listen to any of these reviews. After booking this holiday I read the reviews and was a little worried! Load of s**t (sorry been told to reword) haha! The holiday was perfect couldn't have made it any better if we tried! Food was fantastic loved the choice of going to different restaurants. The staff were very friendly and always had a smile on there face, they were all so jolly! Service was perfect. If there were a higher star grade this wouldn't be a 5* the first time we've been to the Dominican and it's been a blast! Considering booking our honeymoon here.... Oh Anybody going who loves a good p* up, hemmingway bar is the place to go for an amazing drink out. All you can drink all brands of alcohol no measurements... Fantastic! 24/7 all inclusive isnt the word. Well worth every penny we paid to go. Normally all inclusive would stop at some time, but it doesnt food & drink is 24/7! Was shocked! Came useful for those early excusrions we did. Isle saona is a place to go, cost about £200 but it was a fantantastix day and a beautfil scenery. There are no words to describe how amazing this holiday has been. Weather was fantastic.

Even though we got delayed for 8 hours coming home. they provided us rooms to change, freshen up and made sure the delay was pleasant and not stressful. This is the first holiday ive been to that hasn't made me stressed, worried or even panic. Just relax. JUST DON'T TAKE ANY NOTICE OF BAD VIEWS. CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELFS.... YOU'LL SEE IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY. thumbs up guys. See you soon :-)

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank SuziSuz12
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa for your last vacations.
On behalf of Palladium Hotels & Resorts and the entire Team we would like to express our most sincere satisfaction to hear that your experience at our resort was a memorable one and at the same time, we would also like show our gratitude for sharing your comments with the rest of the travelers.
We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed all the facilities our resort has to offer. Please feel free to contact us for un upcoming visit.

We look forward to host you once again.

Kind regards,
Usk
Reviewed September 7, 2012

After booking our holiday, I decided to look on trip advisor for the reviews and I must admit I was slightly worried about what we would experience from the holiday.

All I can say is the worry was not needed! Everything was perfect, we had such a lovely holiday.

All the staff were so friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Bavaro section and ate in the A la Cartes in the evening, which never required a booking and we were sat immediately, the bamboo restaurant was our favourite. The restaurant by the beach for lunch was lovely.

What I really liked about the whole experience was the attention to detail and the fact the service was so good and well staffed for an all inclusive resort.

We travelled with Thomson from the UK who are consistently good and offer a great service, Sharon the rep was excellent.

The went on the Capitol Delights excursion which was well organised and was a great day out and we also went on the Helidosa Helicopter ride which was simply fantastic!

To sum up, for a relaxed holiday with lots to do from water sports included and land sports all included (we did archery, chess, tennis, mini golf and table tennis).

To everyone that gets to go to this paradise, don't worry like I did, enjoy it!!

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank Spitfire990
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa and for having shared your comments with all the travelers. We really appreciate your possitive feedback that will help us to motivate even more our team.
We are very happy to hear that your experience was a memorable one and that you have enjoyed all what our resort has to offer.
We would also like to thank you for your support in your comments.

please feel free to contact us in case you need any information

We look forward to host you again very soon.

Best wishes,
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It is really a very great place to spend your holiday in! First I booked a Standard room, as on the pictures of the hotel Luxury-rooms had jacuzzi in the room, and as I was staying with my mum - I didn't need it in my Room. But the Standard room has only 1 double bed, so it was not conviniet for us and I had to take a Junior Suite - as it was the only room with 2 double beds - and it was great: large, very nice room with large bathroom, including bathrobes, slippers and jacuzzi in the bathroom, also balcony and minibar - every day refilled with beer, coca, fanta and water.
The resort is very quite in general, no sceaming children, sometimes we thought we were the only visitors there, as you do not see a lot of people during the day. Our room was 5 min away from the beach and we were never in the open sun on our way to the beach, as there is a nice - covered path to the beach. The territory of the hotel is full of palm trees, there is always shadow there. Everything is very nice maintained and the staff is so friendly - this is the most friendly hotel I've ever stayed in. EVERYONE is very friendly - I love Domenican people!
The beach is wondeful - almost no sea weed, white sands, enough sunbeds. And it is never too hot on the beach as there is always light wind there - it is so much better than any beaches in south of Europe where it is always too hot, really very, very hot in August on the beach. It was my Best summer holiday ever:
- nature, hotel , sea are just very beautiful
- warm, but not hot like in Europe - in August
- the sea is warmer than in Europe - great
- good food
- the friendeleness of the staff is beyond belief - puur luxe
- all in is great

Would definetely return there again and as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Choose Junior Suite for more luxury
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lulushke
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa for your last vacation.
We would like to thank you for your possitive comments and feedback. We are delighted to hear that your experience was a wonderful one.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any information about the resort

We will be extremelly happy to host you again in the near future

Kind regards,
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
#53 of 111 in Punta Cana
Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana

Been to Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!