We, as a family usually hire a private villa for our 2 week holiday but decided as we wanted to go to Dominican Republic we'd be better off to go the all inclusive route. I won't lie, we were sceptical at first - unsure what to expect. You hear all the ugly rumours about poor food quality, not enough variation, pools packed with not enough shades and sunbeds etc, but we needn't have worried. After booking our holiday, we were sent reminders about pre-booking our extra leg room seats (which is money well spent when your hubby and boys are 6ft and over). We were given plenty of info about the hotel, and had read all the comments good and bad on TripAdvisor.
When we arrived at Punta Cana airport we were greated by the friendly Rep, Sharron (First Choice), she is brilliant! She made sure we knew where we were going and stayed with us throughout our check-in into the hotel and was on hand to support with a problem we had with the allocated rooms. She promised it would be sorted by the morning, which it was. If I have any grumbles it would be with the reception staff themselves, they are very slow at paperwork and checking in takes forever! (all done in 'Dominican time'!). Not only are they slow, but their language skills are inadequate to say the least, speaking on very limited pigeon English and definitely favouring the Spanish visitors.
The same can definitely not be said for the entertainment and waiters and waitresses, they are amazing. From the second you sit down they are at your side offering you drinks and keep them filled without needing to be asked, they are very friendly and polite. They do not stop working and always have a smile on their faces. The entertainment staff and tour guides are welcoming and go that extra mile to make sure you are getting the most from your holiday and excursions. These people are fluent in English, French, German and Portugese, so much so that this really does put the reception staff to shame.
I would have liked to see more variations in the pool entertainments on offer, but it is a personal choice whether to participate or not we often chose to go for a late lunch or walk along the beach while this was happening.
The food quality is excellent, with lots of variations - enough to please everyone. 6 a-la carte restaurants which do not need prior booking. We particularly enjoyed the steakhouse, the main courses were delicious and the waiter/esses ensured that our glasses were kept filled all the time.
The hotel rooms are more than adequate with a mini-bar that is restocked daily, satellite tv, ipod docking station, hairdryer, safe. The maids keep the rooms clean the whole time you are there. They provide you with a regular supply of shower gels/moisturisers/shampoos so you don't need to take these with you (saves that extra weight in your cases). Our maid left towel decorations and flowers on our bed sand in the bathroom. Our sons were in a junior suite which had a jacuzzi, walk in shower and separate toilet - they thought this was hilarious as myself and husband had a standard room. We knocked on their door and they let us in wearing bathrobes and slippers !
It is a huge resort (3 hotels in one resort, 4 if you include the adults only Royal suites) and if I had to suggest anything that could be improved it would be to have more lighting at night in the walkways and also put the signs in better places, so they are easier to see this would make it much easier to find your way around.
All in all we really enjoyed this holiday, and would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to others. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Bavaro (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Hotel
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Punta Cana
- Grand Bavaro Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort Spa
- Punta Cana Palladium
- Punta Cana Grand Palladium
- Palladium Punta Cana
- Palladium Bavaro
- Fiesta Bavaro