“A very uncomfortable experience”
Review of Manati Park Bavaro

Manati Park Bavaro
Ranked #35 of 101 things to do in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Manati Park is a huge garden set in 80.000 m2 of typical caribbean flora and fauna. You will find more that 150 species of animals and plants in their natural habitat, will have the chance to touch different species as parrots, iguanas, snakes, dolphins, sea lions and so many others. Enjoy our 4 animal shows (Dolphins, Sea Lions, Parrots, Horses and don't forget that in Manati Park the ancestral Taino culture is relived, with its showy ritual dances and delicate handicrafts.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow--they keep asking you to buy stuff. All of the people who work there are also selling things, and it makes the entire experience stressful and uncomfortable. The animals themselves were okay (we didn't see the dolphins) and seemed well enough, except the horses were branded.

Manati Park needs to stop its employees from selling things if they want to have a sustainable business. I expect they aren't too worried about repeat business, which is why it is the way it is.

I completely would not recommend this to anyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)
All reviews
in 9 reviews
"bavaro"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have visited this park to swim with the dolphins in 1999.I was wondering if it was still open. Hoping it was not. I love dolphins and have felt sick to my gut a thousand times over when I have thought back on it.
My heart goes out to these dolphins. I am stunned it has not been closed down and still operating in 2013! PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. If there is any way to close this horrible place down....lets do what we can. If that means avoiding the place, then please do. Otherwise you will have like me 14 years of regret. I have swam with them many times since in the WILD and its fantastic, but any joy has been marred by my memories of the poor dolphins in this dirty, small swimming pool.
I feel bad I have not written a review earlier and am unbelievably disgusted to find this torture house is still active.

5  Thank irenemcmordie
Reviewed August 1, 2013

they're rip you off from the moment you buy your tickets. NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!! Spent over $800 on tickets, food, drinks (because they confiscate your water bottles and food). Zoo/park is pretty pathetic. Not enough to see. They try to sell you stuff from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave.

2  Thank Felipe M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Horse show, parrot show, sea lion and dolfin show. Quite a few animals get talking to a keeper and for a tip they will take you around and let you meet the animals