Tripadvisor

from $5.13
More Info
from $5.36
More Info
All reviews free cigar rum tasting cigar tour cigar factory gift shop rum bar free tour cigar making cuban cigars no pressure to buy rolling cigars chocolate store cigar prices free samples great tour bought cigars smoke cigars
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

We booked the Cigar Tour to have something to do while in Punta Cana and was quite pleasantly surprised to find out they have more than just cigars to see while there. We got to see how they make coffee, chocolate, along with the great souvenir shop that had so much to offer not to mention over half the prices being asked at the resort. We were supplied a great shuttle for free to and from Don Lucas courtesy of the cigar shop. We would recommend this tour to anyone looking for something to do while in Punta Cana.

1  Thank msb21175
Reviewed July 22, 2019

I booked a tour of this place online before leaving for our trip, and it was worth it. Transportation is free, provided by them. The cigar tour is short and fairly standard, but if you don't know a lot about cigars, its informative. The humidor is large and well staffed, with people willing to help regardless of your level of knowledge. I found the prices to be reasonable. Maybe not the best deal you can get, especially since there's no haggling here, but far from outrageous. The plus is all the other shops in this complex. Jewelry store, coffee shop, chocolate shop, bar/liquor shop, and the gift shop. Again, the prices in each were reasonable considering its purpose, so I don't have many complaints. It ain't Walmart, people, its a tourist trap. Get over it and pony up if you want something to take home. It won't break your bank.

All in all, I like this place. Each shop gives you a little tour, offers samples to try, and gives you the time and space to wander at your own pace, but there if you have questions. Not only would I recommend it if you're looking for some cigars/rum/souvenirs, etc, I plan on going back next time I'm down there. Not a bad diversion at all.

1  Thank KurtL422
Reviewed July 19, 2019

Had a wonderful visit to Don Lucas Cigars during a trip for a wedding to Punta Cana. I had time to sneak away from the family to go have a Cigar. First person that I met was Andres. Andres was very nice and patient, giving a great tour of production and explaining cigar brands with me. If I have the opportunity to go back, I will crave out some time to go back to visit. Andres was awesome.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit to Don Lucas!
Friendly courteous drivers and very informative friendly staff throughout. Of course a free cigar while you watch the cigar team whip up their little masterpieces. Wonderful rum tasting! I'm not usually a liqueur drinking but still left with a bottle...and chocolate...and coffee...and Cigars . Was back at my resort in time for lunch. Only drawback was some of the outside brand cigar prices. $50 for an Opus X. Will definitely return again tho!

1  Thank Dogthecoop
Reviewed July 2, 2019

My husband was the one interested in going to Don Lucas cigars, however our entire family went along. I am so glad we did! There was a jewelry store, a chocolate store/ factory, a coffee factory/store, a rum shop. This was quite the hidden treasure! The prices were very reasonable, and much better than at the resort.

Date of experience: June 2019