“Boat ride”

Gone Fishing Punta Cana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gone Fishing Punta Cana offers Deep Sea Fishing that you, your family and friends can enjoy. You can eat your catch, too, in the restaurant on the beach. We offer private 4 hour (half day), 6 hours and 8 hours (full day) fishing charters along with 4-hour shared charter options in the morning or afternoon. Visit our website for more details and send us a message. You don't need to be an experienced sailor - Gone Fishing crew will handle the boat, equipment and help you all the way, so you can focus on fishing, experience one of the best fishing adventures and enrich your vacation. Gone Fishing Punta Cana is Canadian operated, with strict health and safety guidelines. All of our equipment is of top quality and our guides speak fluent English, French and Spanish. Punta Cana is the perfect place for your next deep sea fishing adventure. Visit our website for more details, send us message, or simply CALL TODAY on Toll Free Number. Book today!
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Excursion was booked through our hotel. Cost was about 125/ person for half day. Our assumption was we would be booked at an agency such as Mike's since our resort is beside the Cap Cana marina. Instead we were booked with Gone Fishing approximately a 45 minute drive one way plus pickup at other hotels for the shared excursion. If you are booking make sure to question travel distances. There are no docks or marina at Gone Fishings location so be prepared to wade into the water, crawl into a open hull boat and then be transported to your selected fishing boat which you then crawl over the back to get on. It is a system that works but if you are injured or not overly flexible find another tour. I have been on much nicer boats on other tours. This I would rate at a 2.5. It's a diesel powered vessel with exhaust issues most likely from age and hours of idling but sticking your head out the window will find you some fresh air. Captain was knowledgeable and the mate was constantly entertaining us and checking lines.
The crew worked hard to no avail. 3 bites with no results on rough seas made it a difficult trip. We picked numbers to see who would reel in the first fish and all went home empty handed. Definitely not the crews fault but due to the facilities provided I would go else where or fish Mexico's waters where it is much more economical and better organized. This was my first shared deep sea fishing tour as well and luckily I did not spend the 1250 for an all day private trip since we weren't catching.
At the end of the tour the fisherman turns into the catch because you are invited into the local shops to spend while your taxi conveniently waits. The people that are sea sick or just wanting to return to their resort tend to not enjoy the sales pitches or the wait. Prepare yourselves if you use this group.

1  Thank Gmjb2014
in 5 reviews
"cut the trip short"
"deck hand"

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Transfer was a little late picking me up and worried me a bit, but once that was straightened out, it was great. The boat went out with 7 fisherman. Everyone decided to draw numbers to see who would reel in fish and in what order. I thought that was a good way to do it. We only caught one fish, but it was a Marlin and it was such a good time helping to reel it in! This was a good experience for me. I didn't get sea sick, but people did. The seas are pretty choppy. The boat was clean and stocked with drinks just like they said it would be. Roberto was our first mate and he did a great job!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I wish there was a rating higher then excellent!!!! This truly was a trip of a life time! I had a smile on my face the whole time! I went out 3 times and the cooler was full of cold beer and rum the boats were in great shape, the equipment was terrific, the staff was top notch, and I was lucky enough to have got to meet the owner who was a typical Canadian, friendly, personable, caring, honest and just all round a amazing guy!!!!! Even on the ay I didn't catch any thing and it was very rough on the water I had a blast and couldn't get the grin off my face. I caught white Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Tuna, and barracuda! I still feel bad i lost the big White Marlin!
Thanks you Gone Fishing and Jack!!!!

1  Thank chris d
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We took the fishing excursion and left the marina about 1 mile out they set the lines then put numbers in a hat and we all picked a number my wife got 1 and I got 7 about 1 hour in fish on my wife was first and the last person to catch a fish I was really glad she atleast got to catch one but we felt bad for the rest of the people on the boat who paid the same amount as we did and got nothing

2  Thank Deerhunter2881