“Anderson!!!”

Gone Fishing Punta Cana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gone Fishing Punta Cana offers Deep Sea Fishing that you, your family and friends can enjoy. You can eat your catch, too, in the restaurant on the beach. We offer private 4 hour (half day), 6 hours and 8 hours (full day) fishing charters along with 4-hour shared charter options in the morning or afternoon. Visit our website for more details and send us a message. You don't need to be an experienced sailor - Gone Fishing crew will handle the boat, equipment and help you all the way, so you can focus on fishing, experience one of the best fishing adventures and enrich your vacation. Gone Fishing Punta Cana is Canadian operated, with strict health and safety guidelines. All of our equipment is of top quality and our guides speak fluent English, French and Spanish. Punta Cana is the perfect place for your next deep sea fishing adventure. Visit our website for more details, send us message, or simply CALL TODAY on Toll Free Number. Book today!
Macomb, Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Anderson!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Our guid, Anderson, was awesome. We went out on a rough day, but Anderson kept it fun. When the waves got to be really rough, almost everyone on the boat started feeling sick. Anderson was always making sure everyone was ok, and didn't need anything. One of the ladies ended us getting sick and "chumming the water". Anderson sprung into action making sure she was ok, and getting her water and a nice place to rest.

Even though we did not catch any fish, this was one of the best excursions I went on.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Eboni B

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gone Fishing - #1 Deep Sea Fishing Company in Punta Cana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My cousin and I decided to celebrate her Quarter of a Century in Punta Cana, Deep Sea Fishing has always been on my bucket list so we decided to give it a go. Mark was EXTREMELY accommodating when we were indecisive and I must add that the customer service was top notch, I've never received a faster response time!!!!

We were extremely lucky that day as we got to go out fishing with Jack and his friends, it was such a treat! We were also so fortunate to have Captain Roberto with us on the seas that day, he made our whole trip!!!!!!!!!

I did do a lot of research before heading out, I took a few gravols before, spoke to a few friends about their experience... but still got sick :(... Deep Sea Fishing obviously wasn't for me that day (as it's not for everybody), Captain Roberto was accommodating and was so nice about the situation, he made me feel as comfortable as one could be when heaving over the side of the boat. The view between heaves, the colour of the ocean... was definitely an unforgettable experience that I wouldn't ever change! We did catch a fish that day and everyone got to see a whale close by!

We also chose the "Catch and Eat" package... I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. The food was delicious, the experience so unique, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Definitely a nice change from being at the resort! Mark even joined us for dinner and was a great translator! It was nice to chit chat about Canadian winters whilst in paradise!

Despite being sick, If we ever head back to Punta Cana... I would give it another try!!! Our experience with Gone Fishing made our whole trip. Another deep sea fishing company even flat out told us that Gone Fishing is the #1 Deep Sea Fishing company in Dominican... (and that they were #2 lol).

Shout out to Elvis the best driver ever, Captain ROBERTO, Mark, Jack and the Group from Huntsville, Canada - You guys were amazing, unforgettable and we can't wait to see you soon!

p.s. for the idiots that complain that they tell you 'there's no guarantee that you'll catch any fish', UNLESS YOU'RE FISHING IN A BARREL... there's no guarantee, they don't have control of the ocean but they will do their best!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kimmy L
Middle Island, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a Great Trip!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I really felt compelled to right a review after seeing a few negative reviews. First off understand what you are booking. You are going fishing off-shore. Fish might be biting like crazy or nowhere to be found, it’s a BIG ocean. Wind and waves can change very quickly. So If you want to be guaranteed- flat seas and be reeling in a 200lbs Marlin —DON’T BOOK WITH ANY FISHING CHARTER. The odds are slim you will have that experience. Going on any fishing charter is a gamble. The only factor you will have in your advantage is the better the fishing charter/captain is, the better the odds you will have.
With that being said… My review of Gone Fishing Charters:
They do provide Pick-up from your hotel, was a few minutes later. They bring you to a beach, you meet the Capt. and the first mate, and they explain to you that it’s fishing with no guarantees. Yes, they do make you sign a waiver before boarding. They bring you to the beach, you climb into small boat which brings you out to the fishing charter which is moored about 75 yards offshore. They put up to 7 people on the boat, I think the maximum should be 6.
As for my trip: I booked a single fare on a morning trip. The crew was AWESOME and accommodating. Great with the few kids we had on this trip. Explained everything and answered all questions. Boat was clean and maintained. The Head(bathroom) worked fine. Cooler was full of beer, rum, soda and water.
We got lucky with the weather and had a beautiful day with calm seas. The fishing was slow, only had a few Barracuda. A few more fish would have been nice- but its fishing. I do wish to give thanks to the first mate Roberto. He made the trip lots of fun and was on top of all our needs. Also as a nice bonus they put everyone on this trip from the same hotel, so at the end of the day they dropped us off on the beach at the hotel. No shuttle ride back.
I would recommend this charter. I fished the morning trip on March 27th, 2013.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Scott L
Columbia Md
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bad news on the high seas”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

After reading the other reviews on the bad experiences had with Gone Fishing I thought I'd better add mine to the list. Wish I had read theirs before deciding to go on my first deep sea fishing (puking) experience. They were recommended to us by our Apple rep so we thought we would be in good hands. Not so much. On entering the location I along with my two buddies were a bit surprised to see that there was no dock to board the boat. They told us the water was a little rough but not too bad and asked us to sign a waiver. That should have been my first clue that things were not going to go well. We asked if anyone had caught any fish all week long since our trip was on a Friday. " No Guarantees that we'll catch any fish " was his comment. That wasn't our question...he wasn't giving any answer other than the no quarantee line.
We then climed into a small boat and were shuttled out to our fishing boat which we had to climb up into. If you are not agile you don't want to even try this. The crew were very nice and accommodating. The boat was old...real old and would likely fetch about $1000 on a good day...another signal overlooked with the hopes of catching a few nice fish.
Off we went and within a few minutes we hit the high seas...the real high seas...like 10ft waves that tossed us around like a toy. Focusiing on the horizon wasn't exactly my idea of having a good time but it kept me from puking my guts out for the first hour. Then I sent some chum into the deep blue sea which had no effect whatsoever. Held on for dear life for another 2 hours and we didn't see a fish all day long.
Couldn't wait to get back on land. Was too sick to say anything at the time. Just wanted to get away from this place.
So be ware. check the reviews before committing $100+ dollars on any deep sea fishing expeditition. And honestly I'd steer clear of Gone Fishing...they got their money and they were to only winners in this transaction.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Dave T
Mark J, Manager at Gone Fishing Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I would like to start by stating that we appreciate all of the feedback from our clients as customer service is our priority, in saying this we would also like to take the opportunity to respond to your comments.
During the months of January and February the waives can average between 5 and 8 feet and at times a little higher, however depending on the interval of the waives we will make a decision to cancel the trip or not. I can let you know that we did cancel 5 days in the month of January and 2 days thus far in February due to the conditions.
We ask all of our clients to sign waivers prior to boarding, this waiver actually states the ocean conditions on that particular day (ie; the waives today will be 5 to 7 feet) and then give the client's 3 choices on the waiver, I agree to go out knowing the conditions of the ocean, I would like to reschedule the trip for another day, cannot reschedule and request a refund.
We have this in place to ensure that all of our clients are aware of the conditions particularly as we receive many first timers such as you and like to give the choices and don't force our clients to get on board.
If our guide seemed vague regarding the fishing (catching), I am sorry and don't think that he was trying to mislead you as something could have gotten lost in translation. I know that many clients ask "will we catch today?" and as you know fishing is fishing and there are no guarantees however our Captains and Guides do work very hard to catch. This also is echoed in comment cards we have our clients fill out at the end of every trip.
In Bavaro, there aren't any "docks" all fishing excursions in this area use transport boats to bring clients to and from the fishing boats. I will not comment on the shape of our boats and suggest that potential clients visit our web page and our facebook site to see.
Lastly, deep sea fishing is not for everyone and I always suggest that first timers take something for motion sickness just in case.
We served over 9,000 clients in 2012.
Once, again we appreciate all of our clients feedback and take all comments seriously.
Mark Jarand
Commercial Manager
Albany, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“fishing punta canta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

thanks for the trip last week guys,full day trip,lunch was excellent ,anderson was fun and great firstmate, little bit rough, caught 3 nice dorados,fishing was slow,but crew worked very hard and we never give up ,fished 1 extra hour,nice transportation,good equipment,will do a again,tim

Visited February 2013