“HorsePlay Punta Cana”

and up
Punta Cana River Horseback Riding and Zipline Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Just $95 per person children 12 and under $50 Includes horseback riding, zip lining, cigar making, lunch, fresh cocoa & mamajuana samplings, culture and transportation and more. Tour Description, 2 hours of horseback riding Zip Lining over river Cocoa and Cigar making demonstration Dominican feast - All you can eat Swimming in Private pool or river Transportation from Punta Cana Resorts
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“HorsePlay Punta Cana”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I am so glad I chose the Horseplay excursion while in Punta Cana in late November. I travelled with my sister and father and the opportunity to experience a day off the resort made the trip. To be able to ride through Dominican scenic backcountry and learn about some of the local trees and plants from our guides was awesome. The rich aromas of the scented cigars curing at the cigar factory made the stop both pleasant and informative. It was also a chance to sit and have a drink.
Back at the ranch, the Dominican family style lunch gave all the riders a chance to learn about each other and what countries they were from. I also loved Jose's sense of humour.
After learning about the processing of organic cocoa (and sampling some) we were off to the zip line adventure which would be a first for me. Kathy trained us and I was put at ease with all the security features. I was actually able to both enjoy the ride as well as take in the beautiful scenery. I left the ranch with a smile on my face and good memories. Thank you to all the smiling and friendly staff.

Visited November 2013
HorsePlay1, Owner at HorsePlay Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud of what we do and love to hear when people enjoy their time with our team

London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Higlight of our Trip”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just got back from Punta Cana and went on the HorsePlay excurions on Nov 27, 2013. The trail ride was beautiful and the Horses were so calm it made me feel like an experienced rider, which I am not! There were 10 of us on the ride and they had plenty of help, even for the smaller children. The tour of the cigar factory was also very interesting and a nice rest during our ride. After the ride we had a homemade Dominican lunch (which was delicious) and a demonstration of how cocoa is made, Next I was excited to try their zip line. I had never done this before, but had so much fun, The scenery was beautiful! Thanks to Kathy and Jose for making our trip so enjoyable. All the staff was courteous and were attentive. It was a day well spent and certainly gave us insight into the life of the Dominican people. I would highly recommend this excursion!!

1 Thank Sandra L
HorsePlay1, Owner at HorsePlay Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us.
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun-Filled Day”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I went on a HorsePlay ride in mid-November and really enjoyed it. It was a very relaxing and informative day. The horses are very well trained; however, they only obey the guides. I could not get mine to trot without the guide prompting him. The cigar “plantation” is really just a shop where they roll the cigars. That being said, though, it was very interesting and the rollers were eager to demonstrate and share their knowledge. Although the feast was not over the top, it was perfect for a mid-day meal: pumpkin soup, bread, beans and rice, coleslaw, sweet potatoes, spaghetti and fried chicken. As described in other posts, everything was very tasty, especially the pumpkin soup. After lunch we were taken through a garden and shown different varieties of plants including coffee, vanilla & cocoa. The demonstration showing how cocoa is processed was fun, interactive and educational. The ziplining was fun, too, but not the most convenient system. It’s the kind where you have to guide and stop yourself using a thick glove rather than a bungwe or spring braking system. Don’t bother bringing a swimsuit. I would question the cleanliness of the pool. All-in-all I would recommend this outfit for a casual ride as long as your expectations are not too high. One word of caution: My confirmation stated, “We provide a safe lock up area for your belongings while you are riding.” This is completely false. I had a bag which I planned to put in a secure place like a locker, but the guide told me they didn’t have anything like that. He advised me to leave it on the picnic table, that it would be okay. I took everything of value out & put it in the backpack my husband carried on the ride. I set a pair of shorts on top, but when I returned they were tucked in the middle of my bag. I am not going to assume what may have happened. Just a tip to not bring any valuables you won't be able to carry with you during the ride.

2 Thank thebucks22
I am so glad your day was filled with fun with us and thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. I am a little confused though as our zip line does in fact have an automatic braking system, however, we give the ability to our guests to control their speed manually which makes for a safer more user friendly experience. I apologize that your goods were not locked up, we do in fact have a safe area that everything is put into while riding, however, it appears the day you were here the keys were forgotten by our staff. Thank you again for your comments and I am glad your experience with us was enjoyable.
Georgetown, Canada
“The Best Part of our Trip”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

*Amazing Scenery
*Great Horses
*Attentive English speaking guides
*Lots of photo opportunities

It was the best horseback excursion to date for me and I have been on far too many. I can't wait to come back and do this again next year.

Visited January 2013
I am so glad you felt our experience was the best horseback riding tour you have done. I do hope we will see you back again next year.
Wells, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best Excursion Ever!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My Father and I went on this excursion on November 15, 2013. It was the best excursion I have ever been on. All of the people that work for the Horse Play ranch are all very nice and more than happy to accommodate you. The ride on the horses was incredible. We were a small group of 4 people and 3 ranch hands. The ride was over the river and up the mountains. The view was so beautiful. We never would of seen all the beautiful landscapes if we had not gone on this excursion. The cigar factory was a fun the owners were very nice. The food at the ranch was great! The zip lining was fun too. I Would go to this excursion again!!! WELLS, MAINE USA

Visited November 2013
I am so happy that you and your father enjoyed your day with us. I am glad we were able to show you a different side of the Dominican Republic away from the tourist areas. Thank you for sending your comments.