“Magnifico!!!”

Sunset Party Boat Cruise with Snorkeling
$94.00*
Adventure Combo: Party Boat Cruise & Parasailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Scuba Diving in Punta Cana 10% Online Booking Special Dive into the world of SeaPro Divers and discover endless fun in the sun with an exciting selection of scuba diving and aquatic tours in Punta Cana! Whether you are looking for a snorkeling or scuba diving adventure to Catalina Island, a sunset snorkeling cruise in Punta Cana, Scuba diving at the exotic reefs near Saona Island or simply enjoying the views of Punta Cana while Parasailing, with SeaPro the possibilities for adventure are endless! SEAPRO Divers is one of the premier scuba dive and aquatic adventure tour provider in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, with more than 22 years of experience scuba diving and aquatic adventures throughout the Dominican Republic. Our mission is to provide our clients with unforgettable experiences during their vacations in Punta Cana and Dominican Republic, while maintaining the highest standards of safety.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

First let me say what a pleasure it was to dive with seapro. I have over 100 dives to my name, including combat dives. Francois was great to deal with, took the extr time to find my PADI certification. Price was completely fair for a single dive. There were five us who went. The dive master GEONIMO was awesome. Went over hand signals and a few other basics with the new divers to refresh them. We dove to about 30 feet had some awesome fish swimming around us as well as a couple huge stingray that I unfortunately missed :(

All told the dive was excellent the equipment was also new and very well maintained. I would recommend Francois and his professional dive staff any time!! I'll miss the guys but when we come back I'll definitely do more dives and more advanced dives!

Michael

1  Thank Mhutch0814
Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am a former PADI dive instructor who was taught and believes in safety in diving above all else. Sea Pro failed miserably on this count. I've been with other dive clubs who were worse and when nothing goes wrong it doesn't seem like a big deal but when it does then you will be glad you paid attention to this aspect and not friendliness.

So I read reviews on dive sites (not TripAdvisor) and Sea Pro was rated pretty low so I wanted to go with another shop in town but found out pickup at the hotel was not included and would have cost me $60 and timing also was a problem, so the convenience trumped. We did a local dive launching right off the Dreams Punta Cana beach with four divers. Two appeared to be fairly experienced, the other less so. While staff may have been aware of and discussed experience, they did not with any of us. Once at the site there was a quick briefing with the standard time, depth, signals. We were not assigned buddies and I did not even have an opportunity to perform a buddy check with the guy across from me who I assumed would be my buddy as the captain wanted me to roll as soon as the briefing was over - my buddy did not even have his gear on yet.

Its shallow diving but as you know that is where you get a greater relative pressure change when moving up or down. After we descended and gathered to follow the divemaster, he took us through several swim throughs in the corral. While they were truly swim throughs, I could see the other side, several were pretty narrow and they were overhead environments. We must have gone through five and some were narrow enough I had to change angles and was brushing all sides to get through, with only a shorty even a slight scrape on my calf gave an abrasion. So there was no briefing on swims throughs and I had no idea if everyone was okay with this or had any training. Myself and a couple others skipped the last few and all of us except the divemaster skipped the last (getting scraped up for nothing to see is not really worth it).

A couple other items, the divemaster frequently had his fins on the bottom, not because he had bad buoyancy but becasue he just didn't care. Pretty lazy and inexcusable in my book. Lastly, during our brief briefing there was no discussion of what we might see (let alone the swim throughs). We did see a stingray at the end of our first dive and on the surface I asked what particular kind of ray it was and he told me a manta ray. Really, whether he really didn't know the difference between a manta ray and stingray (or a manta ray and anything else) or just didn't care about giving me a real answer doesn't matter, that was icing on the cake of a terrible divemaster. Oh and he seemed like a nice friendly guy.

3  Thank Bwanap2014
Bavarodiver14, Guest Relations Manager at SeaPro Divers, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate you've taking the time to give us some feed back as a former Instructor; your perspective is of value to us.

In response to your comments:

When divers first sign up for a dive trip we document the experience level each diver has, and pass this information to the Dive masters in order to group up according to the level of experience and dives available for that day.

We feel people who are traveling in groups should dive together with their traveling partners; the Dive master assigns divers who are traveling alone with a dive buddy of similar experience.

and I did not even have an opportunity to perform a buddy check with the guy across from me who I assumed would be my buddy as the captain wanted me to roll as soon as the briefing was over.

Without wishing to rush anyone in the water before they are ready, we often get some divers who get sea sick by waiting too long on board the dive boat, consequentially they start to experience symptoms of sea sickness, to prevent this we try to get everyone in the water promptly.

Excellent point and observation, we will take this into consideration. The shallow dives have a little bit less marine life than some of the deep dives (We are Happy you were able to see a Manta on your dive) that's why if the conditions are calm, and there’s not too much surge, we conduct very mild swim troughs that don't represent a risk to novice divers,… but we understand your concern , we will revise this point and make sure we give more detailed information during the dive briefing regarding swim troughs.

A couple other items, the divemaster frequently had his fins on the bottom, not because he had bad buoyancy but because he just didn't care. Pretty lazy and inexcusable in my book.

The dive master will often stand in sand bottom during shallow dives in order to regroup, check air consumptions, help adjust buoyancy or communicate with the dive group in general. However our Dive masters are very careful not to touch the reef or any live form when doing so.

We will orientate our Dive masters to be more precise in the future when asked information about manta ray's or sting rays.

Once again we thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, this will only help us improve the service that we provide to our future guests.

Mia Mariotti

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I tried to contact the excursion company through my resort and was never contacted back.Right from the start, Sea Pro was helpful and sent very prompt responses to my questions. My instructor was Jen and she was great. The course was fun and informative and Jen gave a lot of good tips and tricks that made getting my certification that much easier. Since I had such a good experience with Sea Pro, they were my first choice for any excursions from that point on. As it turns out, we were traveling with 2 other friends and I also steered them in that direction as well. The four of us also took the day trip to Catalina Island for diving and snorkeling. I have to give a big thumbs up to Cesar too for taking us for 2 great dives on that trip. Definitely a great vacation and Sea Pro was a big part of it.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had a fabulous diving in Punta Cana, and getting my Open Water PADI certification. My instructor Jennifer was fun and very helping! I recommend going to this diving school!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Jose from Hotel Sivory recommended this diving school in email correspondence before our holiday.

Spoke to a member of Sea Pro staff when we first arrived who promised to come over at an arranged time - he did not turn up. Later in the day spoke again to another member and he promised another meeting - this time he was one hour late.

My husband a seasoned advanced diver in many parts of the world certainly did not need a try dive in the pool !! However, he did book a dive and paid in full.

On the day he arrived in reception early (or should I say ON TIME ! for his morning dive - no representative or transport turned up ... he waited over one hour, it was only when he complained to Sivory reception that he learnt the dive was cancelled.

Sea Pro did not have the courtesy to inform the hotel or my husband that the weather was not suitable for a dive.

We asked for money to be returned, however after another arranged meeting and again timekeeping is obviously NOT Sea Pro Divers priority (laid back Caribbean), my husband agreed to go on a dive.

This time the taxi was on time, BUT the dive was nothing special, in fact disappointing. Taking into consideration half a day for a dive and then half a day waiting for information from staff at Sea Pro - one day of our holiday wasted.

We are always relaxed on holiday but do not want to waste our life sitting in receptions or bars for staff NOT to have the courtesy to let us know they will be late. We wasted one a day of our holiday waiting around for Sea Pro and money ... never again.

Bavarodiver14, Guest Relations Manager at SeaPro Divers, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate all of our customers reviews. I apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations, we do thrive ourselves on providing extraordinary service. We have been going through a transition of introducing new managers to the Uvero Alto area, where your hotel is located, unfortunately they have not settle in 100% yet and this is one of the reasons we failed in the service provided. We also experienced troubles with our current transportation provider, due to this we have decided to hire a new company to do our transfers, to make sure our customers never have a negative experience again.

We are working diligently with all of our staff in the area to make guarantee that our service is nothing more than extraordinary

Once again thank you for your review, it helps us identify the key areas where we need to make improvements.

Best regards,