“Steak fever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antonio Steak House

Antonio Steak House
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Punta Cana
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steak fever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

On Saturday 13/07/2013,I asked my mom and dad to bring me to the best restraint in Punta Cana. Antonios Steak House. When we went in we saw Antonio working very hard at the grill. It was very busy. Anyway I had a Churrasco it was very tasty and tender and so did my mom and then my dad had a good meaty Rib-eye.

Antonio is a very kind and friendly man and is very good chef.
And all of the staff are very nice too.
I recommend Antonios 10/10 and cant wait to go back before my holiday ends.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hannah C

Morehead City, NC
“Great Steak...Pretty Bad Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just ate dinner here & went back & forth on whether to write a review or not. Let's start with the positive:
- The Steak: The meat is quality, tender & cooked to the temp you order it. That's more than half the battle when you have a "steak house" & many don't make it that far. We had the churrasco & the ribeye. The churrasco was better, but both were great.

Now on to the less positive side of things:
- The Wait Time: We arrived right at opening ensuring we'd be the first ones there. We have a little boy & we try to be courteous of everyone by getting in & out. Well, we got in...almost. They made us wait by the door outside for a few minutes to make sure the grill was hot????? Anyway, we tried to order promptly, but it took me calling someone over after 20 minutes to get a menu...about 35 minutes later we got food & by then our kid was having multiple meltdowns. We rushed through the meal & got out in just over 1 hour ten minutes. Though I wonder if we'd still be waiting had we not asked again & again for the menu, water, check...
- The Service: This goes a bit hand in hand with the wait time, but it's worth mentioning. We were basically ignored for the entirety of the meal. Again, there have been places I've eaten where I wished we were a little more ignored, but this was too a fault. After 35 minutes of being there, in which we'd already ordered food, we had still not received water. So, we had to call someone over to ask for it. Basically, the problem with the service was their apparent non-existance. (One lady did come over & was very sweet with our little boy.) One more interesting note, the waitress stood over me & stared at me as I filled out the tip amount. #awkward I tried to write it so she couldn't see it & she opened it up & looked at it while I was still seated.

- The Good News for Mr. Antonio (I'm guessing this is the owner)- you have a great location, plenty of awesome wine, air conditioning & you guys can COOK steak! All you need is to do a little fine tuning with the wait staff & you'd have a restaurant we would come back to. Hope we just had a bad experience on some off night, but thought it was worth including our comments either way.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank jillianrn
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“The best meat in Punta Cana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Im not really a meat lover, but their meats are so good, that I tend to crave for some of them!
Even having a really bad service, we continue to come a lot, because the good food you get, is worth the waiting time and price.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Changed location, same great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

They've moved to a new, air-conditioned place, in front of Now Larimar and Secrets Royal Beach. However, Antonio keeps working the grill and it's the best simple, honest, delicious meat in the area. Great wine list. We'll keep going back.

• Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Steak house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food was alright, nothing special, and the service was lacking. We waited a long time for drinks. The people were very nice though.

Visited January 2013