“Great fun experience”

Punta Cana Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a surf school located at Macao Beach, Dominican Republic offers surfs services in the Punta Cana / Bavaro / Cabeza de Toro and Uvero Alto area with more than ten years in the bussines as a surf instructor and as Personnal or VIP guide
Detroit, Michigan, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great fun experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Lot of fun learning to surf at Macao Beach. Danilo has a very personal level of attention for each participant. He came, picked us up from the resort and took us to the beach. He and another instructor just for my wife and I to learn.

Very patient, good tutoring, and friendly personal service.

Got us in the water and up on the boards in no time!

My wife was really excited to try this and we were both very happy when we were done.

Recommended

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bob A

Rockaway, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My son and I had been looking forward to this from when we booked our vacation and we were not disappointed. Danilo picked us up at the Hard Rock and took us to Macao Beach. I'm 54 and my son is 14 we both had a great time and it became obvious that my son is a better surfer then me, He actually got up on his feet on the first wave and many others. Danilo and his other instructor gave us one on one lessons. Macao Beach is beautiful and pristine. The waves were perfect for beginners. Overall we had a great time. When visiting Punta Cana you need to try this.
Thanks to Danilo for some wonderful lifetime memories.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Steve B
Madison, Wisconsin
“Incredible experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

To begin--I had brought my four children to R.D. for my 50th birthday. The age range is 9 to 18 years old. My oldest son has surfed in California. Our plan was to have a family surf excursion that fits all of us.

The location is Macao Beach.

The instructor, Danilo speaks excellent English as did all of his assistants. He picked us up at our hotel and told us about the various sites along the way, even addressing safety outside of the resort and where the best exchange rates and purchases can be found.

At the beach, he talked to us about safety and after a quick dry-run on the beach, he had us in the water with individual assistants. He provided surfing shirts and sun-block, if needed. We each had an individual experienced assistant. He provided much needed refreshments on our break. To my surprise, we all were surfing within a short time.

We stayed at the beach for almost four hours, enjoying the sights, sounds, surfing to our hearts content. My boys enjoyed it so such they went back two days later. The surf was bigger and faster. I am glad that I sat that day out.

Regarding price . . . best value I found in Punta Cana!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jerry F
Washington dc
“Dream came true!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've been wanting to try surfing for a long time. So I finally got an opportunity to do so and it was wonderful! Danilo Fernandez picked me up from the hotel and took to the Macao beach which was about 30 min away from Barcelo bavaro deluxe where I was stayed. On the way there he showed me around, did a little excursion. The Macao beach is absolutely gorgeous!!! The waves were not big but perfect for the beginners. At first danilo gave a 15 min lesson on the beach and then we spent 1 hour in the water. It took probably about 30 minutes in the water to get a hold and stand up on the board! Then we took a 20 min break and another hour in the water. I loved it do much I went again the next day!!! A lot of fun! Everybody is very friendly and will do anything you ask.
Definitely recommend this to everyone!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank IrinaRiz
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far, the best part of my vacation.”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

If you are looking for something fun, energetic, and worth your money call Danilo! I'm a 35 yr old wife/mother and have always wanted to try surfing. I couldn't have had a better experience for my first time. The instructors are 1 on 1, very helpful & very friendly. I will definitely be back! Thanks Danilo, Marco, and the Punta Cana Surf team for a wonderful time!!

Visited March 2012