Planning a trip to Dominican soon definitely book this resort: in a nutshell here is what you need to know. We were a group of 4 and just came back week of feb 18-25 -2013
1) hotel is gorgeous brand new, modern, spotless and rooms are open concept and very modern ( pls use room service -amazing)
2) front desk super nice - we upgraded to te best room in the building (pool and beach view) room 2124 for 25$ each per person. Worth way more than that. Ppl be nice and tip you get everything you ask for.
3) Internet- just ask front desk for both codes villas ad hotel- they are so nice gave it for free.
4) espresso lover - have the coffee in the lobby ! Wow !!!
5) beach gorgeous - clean spatious and always chairs avail. This resort is big but yet you are close to everything and never feel like ppl are listening to you.
6) pool beautiful clean. Never ran out of towels. They have the best service .. Serving drinks to you at the pool every 20 min. Ask for Gregory this guy was amazing. Like I said too ppl it will make ur vacation better and ur helping ppl who really need the money... Be generous :)
7) entertainment was ok we didn't watch much of it- however as soon as you sat down they came to serve you.
8) the grounds are impeccable and the bathrooms wow you can lick the floor.
9) the food was very good nothing to complain about. The snack bar was amazing more than the crappy stuff u usually see. Buffet service was amazing they always reserved our table. Ask for Rebecca and her crew amazingggggg service.
10) restos easy to reserve went to the Asian one it was good and the steakhouse amazing :)
Overall a BIG "5 STAR" - I walked on the beach and for those who hesitate on the Bahia or the riu - a million times riu. Bahia beaches looks like a pig pen and bathrooms are nasty small and full. The only other one I would consider on that strip is the riu palace Punta Cana!!!!!!
Keyword ppl - give tip ...
Ps who ever said there was no hot water for baths. I took a bath every night and the water was burning hot with plenty of towels and water!!!!!!!! Enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Macao, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Higuey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Intl. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TravelUp, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.