“Fun and friendly”
Review of Dolin Dive Center

Dolin Dive Center
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The dive shop guys patiently explained everything, were nice, picked me up from my hotel in Friusa, and even stopped by an ATM for me (of course - they want to get paid :)). We drove from the Palladium to a smaller pier, boarded a nice boat, and arrived at some very pretty dive spots - a little cold for a petite woman in a shorty but the diving was good.
I personally did not witness my dive instructor damaging the environment/reefs or teaching students bad habits (but we were also all certified and going on fun dives). The diveboat itself had a fair amount of people - some diving, some only snorkeling. Two women were stung by jellyfish and the staff were able to take care of that effectively.
The stop at Paradise Beach was nice, and I really enjoyed the lunch which was filling and yummy. The boat guys are friendly and eager to teach everyone how to dance like they do in the Dominican Republic. On the way back, they opened up bottles of rum which went around, got the music pumping and we were all dancing, it was a lot of fun and definitely something I will remember fondly.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

the guys at the dive shop were great. Raphael gave us our introductory scuba in the pool and took us out for a dive. Great guy. We also did the Catalina Island Catamaran trip through the dive shop and had a great new adventure.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I'm a scuba instructor with 20+ years diving experience. I booked a spot with this company because they were the company of choice from my resort. While my resort sold us on the dive, I have to say what they sold, was not reality. This dive company is dangerous, disrespects the environment, and teaches bad habits to new divers (as I saw on the dive). Here is a quick breakdown of some of the issues that I experienced:
1. No scuba card check
2. No buddy check
3. No instruction or dive plan announced (dive master just said get in the water)
4. No checking of divers returning
5. No explanation of surface interval before second dive
6. Dive Master/Instructor broke coral countless times with his lack of control
7. Dive Master/Instructor taught a new student to hold on to coral to steady himself for a picture.

All of these issues are serious violations of safe and responsible diving. Judging by the dead and dying coral this is the norm, not the exception.

I would not use this shop...they are dangerous and practice unsafe/unsustainable diving.

17  Thank ringerso
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We did our first dives after getting certified at home with Dolin. Very friendly, helpful people. I hadn't planned for the waves on the boat and got seasick. The divemaster took great care of me on the water. Upon return the folks at the shop gave me great pointers for future dives and were great to deal with.

We also did the speed boat trip which was a blast. Driving boats for 2, we headed out for some great snorkeling and swimming also. Fun!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

My favorite location was the wreck, however the reef was a close second teaming with life, a wonderful experiance for the Open Water or the Advanced diver. Note any one wishing to augment their certification can also do this with the experienced staff in an exciting setting.