“Tuti Fruiti Adventures - Deepsea fishing” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Punta Cana Fishing Charters

Punta Cana Fishing Charters
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Tuti Fruiti Adventures - Deepsea fishing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was undecided if I should get my deepsea fishing tour from the hotel and pay a lot of money or if I should get it from Tuti Fruiti which was not part of the hotel, the locals would have been cheaper. I went to the politour officer and I asked him for his advice. He said no problem, I know these people you have nothing to worry about. The night before I reserved a boat for my son and I for $350 for the 4 hour trip, this was after bringing it down from $700. I gave them a $50 deposit that day and the next morning I woke up and you could hear the wind blowing, cloudy and rainy. I went to the owner of the boat and I asked him if we were still going, because I didn't want to lose my deposit. He said yes, don't worry, this weather is not too bad and soon the breeze will calm down and we will go. So we sat down and waited for about an hour, then all of a sudden the owner of the boat, Robert, he says OK it's time to go. So I went. The minute I arrived at the boat, the captain asked me if I wanted to go and I said the owner of the boat told me to come and now you are asking me if I want to go? I paid the balance and we left. We went outside to where the waves break and it was very rough. But I was having a good time. All of a sudden the captain turns the boat around and comes back. The entire thing was less than 20 minutes, we didn't even put our rods in the water. They do this on purpose, you go past that point to where it is very rough so that you will get seasick on purpose, then they will turn the boat around and you lose your money. I lost my $350. They wouldn't refund me and I couldn't go another day as that was my last day in Dominican. I went to the hotel and I tried to complain and they told me that there was nothing they could do. They told me they would call the security to see if there was anything they could do. I told them I had already spoken with them. There was nothing Politour could do either, they get a commission from them, thats why they are allowed to advertise their business on the beach, its corrupt. If you book a tour, better to pay extra and book with the hotel than to pay $350 for nothing. And even at the hotel, you can still negotiate the price. My other advice, is try to go straight to the owner of the business, this way you won't be paying commissions to others, this is what makes the excursions more expensive.

Visited March 2013
6 Thank lauragabie

Grantham, New Hampshire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Lots of sun; 1 fish; little service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I talked with Peter (aka Pedro), who as other reviewers have mentioned is pretty fluent at English, to set up the trip. Initially the trip was set for a Saturday, but the weather was less than ideal, and the trip was cancelled. We went out on the following Wednesday. The weather was outstanding. There were 11 clients and 2 crew members on the boat so it was crowded. The crew never introduced themselves, told us where we were going to fish, or what we were going to fish for. The got 6 lines in the water within about 15 minutes of leaving port, but we only got 1 bite and 1 fish all day; about 5 lb. barracuda that was only slightly bigger than the bait we were using. We trolled the whole morning so that meant the bait was skimming across the top of the water. In addition, their website states "A variety of soft drinks, water, beer & finger sandwiches...are provided for your trip." We were only offered water and there was no food on the boat. Thankfully there were some comfortable chairs and couches in the cabin that made the ride comfortable for the ladies. Chris, at the shop, spoke good English and was pleasant to interact with.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank double_bonus11
PedroG31, Owner at Punta Cana Fishing Charters, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Great review we appreciate your cooperation!! First we explained you about the private service and the walk on, we only include sandwiches and alcohol in private charter option. The boar you were on is a 42 foot boat with capacity for a max of 15 people but as fishing we bring 7 fishermen and 4 observer max. Next time we recommend you to reserve the whole boat as private service. We try hard to get the fishes but there are bad fishing days it is why is call fishing and not catching..

Thank you once again and best regards!!

Pedro Guerrero
Armacao dos Buzios, RJ
“"I won my holidays"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We are just back from the beauty of Punta Cana. I am glad that the place was more than awesome that we have expected to be. My second visit to Punta Cana, a friend recommended Punta Cana Fishing Charters and I have no regrets. Fair price, very friendly people, 20 minutes from the hotel, nice crew and lots of fishes waiting for you.

Visited January 2013
Delhi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The beautiful environment was awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Plain and simple, right on time, the weather was great, cool crew. 8 hours on the sea, Dominican beer, good service, my and my friends had a blast.
Tip: online booking.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Gurudutt J
Salvador, BA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely Amazingggggggg!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Guys if you are looking for nice crew, you should book with this company, after checking all options we went with punta cana fishing charters, my friend was getting married and I wanted to surprise him with a fishing trip. They included the transportation from our hotel, was about 20 minutes from the boat. I will also recommend to book online, the same company was US$100 more , that is because the agency in our hotel charges a commission.

Visited May 2012