“Fun, but spendy drinks”

Morris, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Fun, but spendy drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was fun! Free to get in since we stayed at the Occidental Grand Punta Cana, but the drinks are spendy. $8 for a rum and coke. Overall a good time.

• Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“It's a very dangeruous place!!!!I was bruitaly Betten by the security!!!Go at your own risk!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Last night after leaving a concert at hard rock Punta Cana hotel we de cecided to hit the town for the after hours...
Someone from our group who had been to Punta Cana befor suggested we go to Mangu disco... One of the local clubs!!
When we got there everything was fine, and my friends and i went to the bar for drinks...
While at the bar one of the local guys started pushing me and my girlfriend aggressively...
When I tryed to speak to him, he tackled me to the grounded and started punching me...the security who was suppose to be protecting us as tourist of the country started riffing me up... Me and my friends tried to explain the situation to then who none seem to understand any English...
I was then escorted outside by five securities of the disco all well over six feet tall, and was bruitaly beaten, till I had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance for a fractured nose , a fractured shoulder and 2 black eyes!!!!
All for nothing... My girl friend who was trying to protect me from the mob attack was toss to the ground 3 or 4 times and suffers servial injuries as well..
No one as tourist of a country should have to under go this type of experience on vacation... Hospital bill $1896 us dollars, more then what we paid for the vacation...
I can hardly lift my arms to write what I went through...
But I think every one needs to be aware of the dangers we face in theses foren countries as tourist....
I didn't bother to read what the others people's reviews where of that place,
But all I can say is go at your own risk!!!
If your smart Saty in your hotel it's
Very dangeruous place!!'

God bless you all.

13 Thank Bignardo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

A fun mix of locals and tourists and in a resort, so it felt safe. $10 cover but the drinks were strong and the music was energetic. Lots of people dancing and having a good time. There were some interesting tranvestites there, who a local told me were prostitutes.. but who knows. There was some sort of acrobatic show going on.

1 Thank Ashley V
Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“insane "anything goes" club... and I mean ANYTHING... oh my!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I are STILL talking about this place. Words can't begin to describe... it was like a glorious gay drag show in the cheap area of town... within the first 5 minutes we saw it all: lady-dudes, ladies of the evening, dwarfs, old-ladies-who-like-young-ladies... I wish I was joking here... it was glorious... you can let your hair down and yet leave feeling like the most normal person on earth. If you have an open mind at all, you must go, just for the experience of it. And don't worry, as a tourist I felt totally safe.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank missKaty80
NYC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This club was right outside our resort (Occidental Grand Punta Cana). Had a large crowd of people - mix of locals and resort guests - but was safe. Good music and a really good time.

Visited February 2012