My wife and I stayed here from May 28-June for our honeymoon. This is definitely an excellent resort for couples or newly weds.
They brought us champagne in the lobby upon check in. Our room wasnt ready when we arrived so they upgraded us to a better room (4103) overlooking the pool. Make sure you ask for the upgrade though...it never hurts to ask. All the restaurants are fantastic. Chez Isabelle (french) is definitely the best.
Here are some recommendations for your trip:
Ask for the Mama Juana (Dominican viagra) at any bar. They will even mix it in with any type of drink you like.
Men: Bring pants so you can dine at the finer restaurants for dinner. Sandals are ok to wear.
Bring bugspray. When you're lounging at the bar, the lobby, anywhere outside the bugs will get you. Especially if you've been drinking the fruity drinks of the day. The bugs can sense the citrus aroma from your skin.
Remember to bring all your essentials because the drugstore will charge an arm and a leg for tampons ($10), toothpaste, sunscreen, etc.
If you have a honeymoon package, make sure you plan your romantic dinner when you arrive to get it out of the way. Make sure you plan your reservations for horseback riding early as well. They have 2 time slots per day.
Bring immodium, tums or pepto as well. If you happen to drink the water you may need some of this. They have bottles of water everywhere though. I would even recommend brushing your teeth with bottled water.
Remember that this is a 3rd world country. They don't have water filters in their tap water.
If you get car sick easily, I would recommend the helicopter transport ($288/couple) from the airport. Normally it's an hour ride in a van on a very bumpy road.
Bring some one dollar bills with you as well. The dollars go a long way to get a little extra service. It is well appreciated for these hard working people.
This was a fabulous stay for us. We definitely recommend Excellence Punta Cana to couples.
P.S. Watch out for channel 21 on your room television:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Savannahville Tours N.V., Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence