Just got back last night. Had a great time. Beautiful room, great friendly staff, good food, fun entertainment, overall a beautiful property.
I read the negative reviews before we went and upon our return. The negative comments are from people I believe stayed somewhere else, or perhaps never went to the Excellence. Read the negative reviews and notice they are mostly from the upper east coast of the US. Interesting.....perhaps they should visit FLORIDA instead.
This is a jungle island. Yes it rains in the summer months. Yes there are mosquitos when the sun sets, it's a jungle! (recommend OFF 100% DEET - you will not be bothered)
Resort people were WONDERFUL and FUN. Great choice of restaurants. Musty smell in the room was gone after 1/2 hour of A/C running. No need for room freshener. Our A/C went out and was running 15 minutes later (make sure your balcony door is closed. It has a kill switch to your A/C - DUH, good idea for those that would want to cool the outside!)
Night shows were very entertaining...please folks, this isn't Las Vegas. Ride from aiport is one hour. We hired a taxi, the last stop out of the airport, the first group of drivers you meet are shuttle bus people and you could have multiple stops on your way. Private taxi is $70 one way. well worth it, the ride is pretty wild, as the traffic laws are pretty lax.
All of our service requests were met with urgency. The staff made this a wonderful vacation. The people at the Excllence made this memorable trip.
Please take dollar biils with you. They go a long way to making this a truly memorable time. We gave the housekeepers $5 every three days, always a stocked mini-bar, extra towels and sheets, folded towels as animals, flower petals, turn down service...etc. Keep in mind a $1 goes a long way for these very kind people.
Just go, forget the naysayers..........you'll be glad you did!
PS. stake your claim on a palapa with towels early, you'll be glad you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence