My hubby and I stayed at Secrets Excellance from April 30-May 7. I must disgree with some of the reviews that have been posted.
Our Room - We stayed in a Junior Suite Garden view in bldg 7. We were very pleasently surprised that our room was always clean, we had fresh towels and our mini bar was always stocked. The Mini Bar was fully stocked with Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, 7up, Orange Juice, Beer and Water bottles. The bed however was very hard but you can call the front desk for a cushion to put on top of the the bed for more comfort. We had no problems with ants or bugs. I only got bit by a mosquito once but I think that was when we went to the bonfire party.
The Beach - Was a dissapointement as the water was very rough and you did not see that many people swimming or laying in the beach. Overall I will say it was somewhat clean with the exception of the side of the beach that had some twigs from the palm trees.
The Pool - Was by far very good. My hubby was bumbed that it was not a lap pool so he could do laps. It got cold when the sun would go down so be prepared. We alway ended going to the pool at around 11am and we always found a place to sit at by the shade. We also found the blue floaty things to float in the pool.
Service - My hubby and I spoke spanish so the staff was very attentive and friendly. Some of the restaurant service is a bit slow but your on vacation where are you going? The Conceirge and front desk was always attentive to our needs. We had no complaints.
Activities - This was our biggest dissapointment. We went to Couples Swept Away last year and all the activities (tennis lessons, catamarans, snorkerling, step aerobics etc) were included and we felt that at Couples we had something to do each day. At Secrets this is not the case. They tennis lessons is tought by a local (at Couples they had a trained proffesional from Germany) who charged my hubby $10 per day. The bikes for the bike tour were very old so be preparared to pull something. The Yoga clases were tought by one of the entertainment staff who spoke very little english (at Couples they flew in a trainer from NY Sports Club) and said do this and this instead of saying now we are going to do a downward dog. If you want to go snorkerling and do a catamaran be prepared to pay $80+ per person and take a two hour bus ride to the other side of the island. (again at Couples this was included and the boat was docked at the beach). We did not do horseback riding but I heard by many that it was fun.
Food and Drinks - If you want 5 star quality food then go to the Ritz. The food and drinks was good and you cant go hungry there.
Vendors on the Property - The resort allowed vendors to come to the resort at least three times during our stay. I found them very annoying and pusshy. They come up to you and harrass you if you dont buy anythng. I wish the resort would police them better but I guess they are getting a piece of each sale.
Overall - if you want a quiet low key vacation then this resort is for you. We are New Yorkers so on our next vacation we need to have more activities so we dont get bored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence