“Secrets Excellence was Fabulous!!!!”

Excellence Punta Cana
Ranked #15 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Philadelphia, PA
“Secrets Excellence was Fabulous!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2005

My boyfriend and I went to Secrets Excellence from 11/4-11/11. We booked through Apple Vacations and we flew USA3000. Everything with our flight and Apple vacations went great! The roads from the airport to the resort were not bad at all. We arrived at the resort and it was just beautiful. We rec'd our 1st drink as soon as we got off the bus. Check-in was quick and easy. We had a little wait until we could get into our room, so we had lunch and took a walk around the resort. The pools are stunning and very, very clean. The beach was great! Yes, the water is a little ruff, but not bad at all. The beach is very clean (no shells, seaweed, etc.). We spent half our days on the beach and the other at the pool. The weather was just perfect the entire time we were there. The food is good. You just have to remember you are not in the United States anymore and can't expect what we have here. Our favorite restaurants were Japanese (sushi was great) and Mexican. The pizza was very good! We did the Safari Excursion, which was awesome! If you want to see the countryside of the Dominican Republic this is for you. You see how coffee is made, you go into a home to see how the Dominican's live and just see the beautiful countryside. At the end of the excursion they take you to a beach for boogie boarding, which my boyfriend just loved! We also took advantage of the free horseback riding at the resort. I would recommend it. It's about 40-45 minutes long, which is plenty of time and they take you along the beach. It was very nice. We checked out a few of the shows at night. Our favorite was the Latin dancing performance. It was very entertaining! The drinks were good, but not very strong. If you are drinking the frozen drinks (which it is a good idea to bring your own mug, so you get more) ask them to top it off with 151 rum. We did check out the disco one night, which was a lot of fun. They played a mix of music. Towards the end of the night it was more current music. We went to the spa and had Swedish massages, which were excellent!! I had a manicure and it was just ok. It's not like having one done in the States. Over all everything was just perfect. We had a very relaxing and fun time. We met a lot of great people. If you are planning a trip here you were certainly enjoy ;o)

28 Thank JackieG05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,529)
  • Korean first
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2005

My wife and I stayed at Secret's Excellence from 11/9 to 11/14. We had a fantastic time and I really appreciate all the reviews and helpful tips we got before we left. OK, here goes my review.

Getting there:

Ride from the airport to the hotel was an hour and twenty minutes. Take some beers from the outside airport bar before you leave. We stopped at two other hotels along the way. The bus was air conditioned and comfortable and the roads and the drivers were not near as bad as we had heard. Not much different than where I live in NJ.

Check in:

10 minutes and were in our room. No charge upgrade to ocean view first floor in building three facing back towards the main section of the resort. Quiet, secluded, and a great view. We had no wait and no problems checking in. Champagne in hand, front desk people were polite and professional. They gave as the romantic dinner for two, breakfast in bed, and had a birthday cake sent to our room along with a bottle of champagne because it was our 15th anniversary and my wifes 40th birthday. We paid for none of it.

The room:

Large, comfortable and clean. Everything worked fine and the AC was ice cold. I'm 6'1" amd my wife is 5'7" and we fit comfortably in the jacuzzi tub. In fact, one night we actually fell asleep in it. The maid service was good and consistent. One night we came back too early to get turn down. Every other evening the room was well prepared. The mini bar was stocked daily. I left a note, in Spanish, and a couple of dollars for the maids and mini bar service, and you could not cram any more beers in there than our mini bar guy did.

The beach:

Clean and large. Very long deep beach for a beachfront resort. The resort cleaned it every morning. If is kind of a shame because if you walk down off the reort graounds the beach is littered with garbage. Kind of sad to see such a beautiful setting so littered. The water is rough, but hey, I'm from NJ. I loved it. If you want to just float around in calm water, this is not the place for you. The water is clear and very blue, but there are definitely waves and a pretty good undertow too.

The grounds:

This is where this place shines. The grounds, including the two pools, are amazing. It is really beautiful. There is an army of maintenence people out early every morning, and it shows. The place is simply beautiful and very well maintained. I took well over 500 pictures.

The main pool is clean and striking in the way they blend the landscape and other areas into it. There is no one stretch where you can see more than 100ft. or so of the pool. It makes it feel like a series of smaller pools. The cascade pool is very quiet and was our favorite place for a little afternoon solitude. Again, both pools are clean and cool. We very much enjoyed them, especially the swim up bar and cascade pool.

The food:

Overall the food is very good. I would not say it is great, but it is very good. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a table at any of the restaurants. Breakfast buffet is great. It was varied, and had jst about everything you could think of from continental to custom made omlettes made by my fellow Eaglkes fan Felix. Luch was good, although we did not eat in the restaurants often during lunch. We mostly ate at the beach barbecue (on the days they had it) or at one of the pool bars. Dinner was good, but a bit salty for my liking. The Mexican and Domincan were good, and the Bordeau was very good. Have the Chateau Briand. It's the best meal they serve. We had the romantic dinner for two in Oceana as we were celebrating our 15th anniversary. We had the surf and turf. It was very good. The service could be a bit slow at times, but what the heck, you're on vacation, where ya in a hurry to go.

Drinks: Man did I drink. One morning I hade had a beer, a bloody mary, a screwdriver and a glass of champage before 8:00am. These people throw drinks at you all day. My wife had one watered down drink all week. Other than that it was top shelf at most of the bars. One afternoonsports bar bartender was making us champage mango margaritas and these things were nuclear. I was wrecked by 4:00pm. Had to sleep it off before going out to dinner.

Bugs:

Did not see any other than a centipede in our room one day. We brought bug spray, never used it, never got bitten.

Sickness:

DON'T DRINK THE WATER IN THE ROOMS!! Be careful when showering, and use bottled water to brush your teeth. I was not very careful and ended up feeling a little quesey (sp) for one day. My wife was much more careful and did not get sick at all.

Tips:We tipped everybody and anybody. I gave out money like a drunken sailor. These people don't make much mone and work very long hours. They seemed to really appreciate even a couple of dollars as a tip. I don't know if it made a difference in the service, but we had great service from everyone we came in contact, before or after tipping them.

Other Guests:

Having heard of ugly American, ugly European, and ugly Canadian tourists I was a little concerned. I saw none of this. Every one we met was cool, and we had a great time and met a few nice couples. We even got a kick out of the Paris Hilton wannabe sisters parading around in their chic mod euro outfits.

Casino and Night club:

Cute and small. The casino has a few tables for blackjack a roulette table and a bar. Maybe some other stuff too, but I was more busy drinking than gambling. I live an hour from AC, so I'm not real impressed by anything short of Vegas. The disco is fun, the crowd was lively and the employees make it like a party atmostphere.

Spa:Looked really nice. Never got a chance to use it. I realy had no interest in sitting indoors when it was so beautiful outside.

Flea Market:

This is the only place where this resort falls on it's face. This low rent blend of a bad carnival barker and a county fair has got to go. There is simply no place for it in what otherwise is a quiet sophistcated resort. It was one of the most annoying things I've ever experienced. They simply do not take no for an answer, and I was really disappointed that it got to the point that we just left the lobby altogether as not to have to deal with it. It does not fit there. It is low class, and it should go away. Stay in your room or out by the pool and avoid this mess altogether.

Overall:

We loved the place (as if you cannot tell by my review). We talked with some other guests who complained about various little things like maid service, check in, waiting for tables in the restuarants etc, etc. We did not experience any of those things so I can only comment on our experience. Overall the our experience was great. We'll definitely go back. The biggest asset to this place is the people. Friendly to a fault, and honestly seemed happy to serve you.

Search the forums for suggestions as what to bring with you and make a list. It helped us a ton. Any questions, drop me a line.

Paul G.

49 Thank Gulfstream69xr7
long island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2005

I thought I would post some pictures of Secrets Excellence for your viewing pleasure.
The place is beautiful. I didn't like the food nor did the 6 other couples that were with us. The maid service was exceptional. They did not make the decorations with the towels like I have read on other posts but that was no big deal. I guess certain guests get that. Getting the drinks at the bar was not a long wait, but in the restaurants it was.

8 Thank Millberg
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2005

My husband and I spent 2 weeks at Secrets and we had a wonderful time!

We did not think the road to the resort from the airport was bad, we had read how terrible it was and, just did not agree.

Our Room was in building 10-ocean side. Our room was lovely and clean. The cleaning lady always made sure we had clean towels, and extra bottles of water, she even cleaned the sand off of my husbands sandals on our forth day there.

The pool is very nice and so large, we played volleyball most days with fellow travelers we met during our stay, and that made our stay all the more enjoyable. As you read already, or will read in other reviews, the rafts are a commodity, some people do tend to want to keep them even when they are not using them~

The food is pretty good at all of the restaurants, not the best meal you will ever have, yet tasty. The speed of service is not going to be the same are you get at home, so don’t rush and enjoy the person/people you are dining with. It you are a bit uptight this might be a hard thing for you to deal with.

The ocean is a bit choppy, but nice to look at. We went ocean swimming much further down, and enjoyed it with out getting beat up or worrying about drowning.

We were in the excellence club and we thought it was totally worth the money for what we like to have on vacation.
·Access to the Internet was nice to have so close.
·We also like to drink, and the clubroom is very nice and the drinks are all premium, and the coffee is better. Juan & Santos are just great guys that really seem to enjoy taking care of others.
·Beach towels in the room everyday: Very nice perk.
·The bottles of absolute waiting in our room everyday were nice.

The resort it’s self is just so beautiful, there is hardly and reason to leave, however my husband and I did go on a few excursions and we are so glad that we did, it gives you a better idea of how lucky we are to stay at such a wonderful place. The people who work at the resort are kind and hard working. Just remember you are in a third world country and things are not going to be like they are at home. And tip those who deserve it. A few dollars really does go a long way in the D.R.

32 Thank Shellywinelover
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2005

It has taken me far too long, but I did want to express my views on our fantastic two week wedding/honeymoon in February 2005.
I did a lot of research on small resorts as a wedding destination, and Secrets Excellence won. I have stayed at a large resort-must wear bracelet, too many people, etc., and wanted something more intimate. I took other's reviews with a grain of salt, knowing there are some people you simply cannot please.
We arrived on a late flight and thus were the only two in the van to the resort. I was disappointed it was dark, but even so, you could see a bit of the landscape and unfortunately, the poverty. The roads were not nearly as terrible as everyone stated. I live in Canada, where rural roads after a few winter frost heaves are worse than the Dominican roads.
We arrived at about 11:30 PM so check-in was a breeze. Our 3rd floor master suite was unavailable, but they placed us in another room with a guarantee that we would be in our room by the next afternoon. Because we were staying two weeks and were being married there, we were upgraded to the Excellence Club at no cost! Normally an extra $100 a day.
The resort is beautiful. Clean, tranquil, small enough to walk from end to end in a half hour. Staff is friendly and polite, maid service was exceptional and there were enough restaurants to choose from that you could always find something to your liking.
Once we moved in to our master suite, we were settled and happy. Third floor is definitely the way to go. No one above you and we also had an end room, so only someone on one side of you. Our room was in the 14 block, ocean view and pool view-spectacular. I would recommend this end, as the other was disappointing, fields and nothing to look out upon. The sound of the pounding surf 24/7 was music to my ears. My husband would not sleep with the sliding glass door opened at night as he found it too hot! But the balcony was a nice place to start your morning and I did leave the door open as much as possible to hear the surf. When the door is opened, the AC automatically shuts off though, so be warned.
The bed was very hard, but luckily I enjoy a firm mattress. We discovered where they kept the down pillows and we took a few and were even happer!The room was spacious and clean, the only complaint was not enough hangers. No big deal. Watch out for the Playboy channel! It is about four decibals louder than the other channels! Even if you are channel surfing, you hit that one and the sounds! Because we were Excellence Club, we had a special pass to the Excellence Lounge. We ended up having breakfast there every AM, as we did not want to stand in line at the breakfast buffet. They had all we needed for a small breakfast. For you tea lovers-bring your own orange peakoe tea bags as they only have Earl Grey. As well, real milk is hard to find.
The beach was a tad disappointing. Had I known the surf was so rough, swimming was discouraged, I may not have chosen this resort. The red flags were up for the full two weeks. When I asked a staff member if the red flags are ever down, she said rarely. It is where the resort is situated and the wind. For that reason, we stayed by the pool more often. Febraury was still a bit cool for my liking, average temeperature was 80 with a breeze. On the beach it was cooler, so I would at times be under a towel. I don't mind a pool but the whole reason to visit a resort is the beach, so I was a bit discouraged, but it did not ruin our trip. The pool is so awesome. The longest I have ever seen. You may have to claim your spot early AM or not get a good seat. My husband went and put our things on chairs and they were never disturbed. I could do without the constant music blaring-why do resorts think we need music 24/7?? There was a snack bar close by and restrooms, which were not always all working, but relatively clean. Tons of air mattresses and they were always coming around trying to get you to play volleyball.
The food was just OK. Since it is a third world country-I don't expect gourmet and know they do their best. Two weeks is a long time to eat out, so I was desperate for a PB&J sandwich, grilled cheese or a hamburger. We brought a jar of PB, crackers and Pringles, and they got us through the munchies. We loved the Japanese restaurant-very good sushi. The french restaurant was also a favourite,but a small menu so after 2 weeks, again we were tired of the food. Italian restaurant was not good. Their idea of italian was way off. We ate there once and never went back. Mexican restaurant was also. As food went, they did their best, some was good, some not so good. I expect that so cannot complain too much. If you want top notch food-then don't visit a third world country.
The staff assisting with our wedding was very nice. Any concern or problem and they were there to please. We were there 9 days prior to our marriage so we could relax, get a tan and enjoy some time and not have to run around and plan things. It was just the two of us, and we are very low key, so I think they may have thought we were odd! I did my own hair and makeup, did not want the horse drawn carriage to the
wedding site (I would pass on the carriage-it wasn't too clean), and when we arrived at the spot, we were laughing and carrying on so missed the music cue! They had candles in cut out bags lining the walk-way and a CD playing the wedding march. The CD was a bit corny, but we went with it. The ceremony was in spanish, with Anna translating. It was extremely quick! A few things: I wish I had known there would be a table with a table cloth that we would be standing in front of. I didn't really want that, as it seemed to distance us from the judge and didn't look so great in pictures. After the quick ceremony, they have a small cake and some wine and want you to dance to a CD for a wedding dance! We nixed that too- we also thought it was corny. Again, she thought we were aliens!
I am not sure if we could have been married right on the beach, but would have prefereed that. They may not even do that, I am not sure. I was happy with the standard location, but would have asked more questions as far as what to expect. We then went for our dinner at the french restaurant-lovely, with a special table all decked out for the new couple. Then we also had another special outdoor night time dinner under the stars in the Mexican restaurant. We didn't know we had two dinners, on different nights-so were a bit confused. All in all it was as low key and intimate as we wished. One draw back-my fresh flower bouqet was wilted. I was terribly disappointed, as it would have shown in the photos, so I had to go with an artificial bouqet. I was sad, but in the photos everyone said "what pretty flowers" and they were fake! I would ask if you can expect FRESH, unwilted flowers. I don't think they refrigerate them when they receive them. Our photos were done by Arturro, who is a pro. He took us all over the resort and beach before the ceremony, and we were pleased with the outcome.I was a bit wind blown and my hair was all over the place, so be warned-take a mirror and comb to touch yourself up before the ceremony-my hair looked like Alfalfa's in the photos we took post-pictures!
I haven't travelled a lot but I am very picky and Type A, so I was not sure what to expect from the resort. We simply loved it and would go back. It was small enough so you got to know the staff and felt that you were not competing with a thousand other guests. The Excellence Club was such a treat. Is it worth $100 extra a day? No. But we got it for free. The choice to have a private lounge for breakfast, free internet access, drinks, tea, etc., was wonderful and the staff there catered to your every whim. There is a lovely balcony with rattan furniture and we spent our last afternoon there awaiting departure. My husband likes Baileys. They didn't have any but the next time we went they had found a bottle for him. As well, he liked Corona, and lime, and they always had it on hand. You won't get it anywhere else on the resort, so don't look. Just Excellence Club. Surprisingly, they had clamato juice (Canadians know what I am talking about), but my husband was educating the Americans on a proper Caesar, and they used up all the supply! They printed off the top stories of the major US newspapers, and thus I was able to read the headlines every AM. They truly were there for our every need. Our room fridge was stocked whenever we asked, with as much as we wanted. No charge, as Excellence members get special service. It was wonderful.Candy bars in the fridge and full size shampoo and conditioner and suncreen, every day! I went back with a suticase filled with the stuff!
People complain about the silliest things. People-this is a third world country! What do you expect?? If you want beach, pool, drinks and R&R this is the place. A quiet resort, one small disco. I am not a late night gal, and we liked the peace and quiet. We never got sick, saw no mosquitos at all (though we did bring deet), just tiny, tiny bugs in our room around the sink and bar area. They spray so much there were NO bugs at all. The beach was lovely to walk along, we went all the way down, past the other resorts to the right of our resort. I never ventured to the left, as they don't patrol there and it looked too deserted. I would not recommend going to the huts alone, as a woman, but my husband went and there wasn't much to see or buy. There is topless sunbathing and more than a few thongs! They bring you drinks on the beach and the palapas are plentiful in the early AM. By noon you were walking and walking to find one. Again, we left our stuff on chairs to claim the seats, and nobody bothered it.
Finally, they say tips are included in the price. I never go by that. These people work hard, have little and we tipped every meal, tipped the maids and tipped the bar staff. We brought over $200 in one dollar bills and used it all. I left a larger final tip for the maids with a note in spanish and some shoes I decided not to bring back. Though I am sure they would like small cosmetics, lipstick, etc., I know cash is better. I was sad leaving, as you get to know the staff and resort and it gets comfortable. My pictures from our digital were breathtaking! Friends thought a few were actual postcards! Enjoy your stay-it is worth the price for a small, intimate resort.

• Stayed February 2005
23 Thank Yankeewench
Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2005

Very simply put we are plus (plus) size people of predominately African decent. Therefore, our trips have to be planned for being big people. Secrets Resort did a good job for both me as well as my husband. (Our combined weight is over 650lbs)
Pros:If you are person of some size in your lower parts of your body you should be ok going to this resort. The chairs are usually big enough. And they are more than willing in any restaurant to go get another more comfortable chair for you. Just remeber the phrase "Suy es,mui grande" and they will understand. :) Also if you are a foodie you will need not explanation of what that term means and you would generally enjoy the food here.(Notice it's the 1st thing I wrote about) The second review's pictures show the food and menus in detail. (If you are not able to view all the pictures please visit our website [--]
It is Translated in Itiano,Portugese,Japanese,Korean, & Chinese. Any pictures that don't come out on trip advisor will be on our own website.) We "hit" all of the restaurants before we left. The following is a list of the restaurants in the order that I/we liked the food.

1: The Steak restaurant: Right by the pool in the afternoon they have a steak that is a strip steak that is very juicy and cooked very well.
2: The Seafood Restaurant: Again on the other side of the steak restaurant(they are linked together). If you go thru the steak rest you will walk over the pool and you will be in the seafood restaurant. Ask for Juaquin he will take care of you! Go at night and order the lobster. It is well worth it. However the service in the evening can be horrible. The waiter there had a problem with me ordering 3 lobsters. My thought is this: "That's all I've eaten all day also isn't this supposed to be ALL-INCLUSIVE!" So watch out!
3.The Asian Rest: Order the appetizer the spring rolls seem to be store bought however they are prepared well. (Please see picture on 2nd review)The curry shrimp was done well as well as the beef stir fry. They also have this dessert of chocolate dough balls that are pretty good. The service is wonderful!
4. The Mexican/Dominican Rest: Again the service was wonderful! The salmon is the thing that you MUST order.(See pictures) Not much else to say.
5&6 Taste of Italy!& French(Not!) This and the French restaurant are our least favorite. Italian offers a combination of a few different pastas and only about 3-4 different sauces during lunch.(Dinner is not much better!) Don't go it's not worth your time.
The French Restaurant: Service HORRIBLE!! I don't often say this however I believe in only this case the service was bad because we were Black and not White. The wait to get in is usually over an hour and they don't open until 6:30pm. The fillet minion (?) was difficult to cut. DO NOT order the Lobster Bisque!!! It is just the seafood soup broth mixed together with some type of light cream.(PLEASE SEE PICTURES!!!) This is the last resort that you would want to eat at.

Décor: The resort is beautiful! However most of the resorts are in Punta Cana. The entrance is stunning. Especially with the wild life. There are turtles that sun themselves and you would not believe they are real!! The birds by the shops on the property are funny. They seemed to know that people come to take pictures with them and I swear they pose and smile with you! :) (Please see pictures) I also enjoyed that they role around a tray that has sweet goodies on it. (Ok you know what to do see pictures)

Cons:

"Wild Life": The biggest things are the bugs; just remember that you are in the Dominican Republic so the standards are NOT the same and their will be bugs (Ants to be exact).I woke up and went to eat some of the goodies that I had recieved earlier from the tray that they wheel around and I was half asleep. I bit into one of the peacon rounds. Something told me to look at what I was eating and sure enough I was eathing those little ants. I spit it out before I swallowed. But at 3am in the morning when you want a snack you don't think of ants being part of the menu!In short...Bring bug spray!! We did not really get bit however in the summer months it can be pretty bad. The mosquitoes are HUGE!!! But I have included pictures so that you can see that the ants are extremely small.

Breakfast: Crossiants:Not so good. Omlets:Pretty good. Assortment of Cereals. If you are craving meat eat the bacon!! The sausage seems to be made from chorizo and that is too spicy for breakfast! The hot coco is a nice touch however remember don't drink the water and I believe it's made out of regular water.

Room Service: It's selection consists of Pizza,Burgers,Chicken fingers, Onion rings etc. If you order no matter what you order just know that it will take about 45 mins to get to you. And don't EVER expect your food to be Hot much less warm. The service portion of room service must be commended. On the last day that my husband and I were there he became sick. We had our romantic dinner scheduled in the seafood restaurant but of course could not go. I walked to the restaurant to see if I could get our plates to go they said no I could not do that but I could order thru room service. I was about to walk back to my room when I heard someone was calling me. The guy FROM room service overheard what was happening and he said give me 5mins and I'll bring something to you and your husband!!!! He didn't have to do that for us! 5 mins later there was a knock on our door. That to me is true Service!

Wrap Up:

I told my husband the entire time that I was taking this trip for not only us but for the people on Trip Advisor that really research before they book. Let me be candid. We booked thru Apple Vacations. I will NEVER do that again! The rep from (Johnny) APPLE was rarely (if ever) at their kiosk at the hotel. Also the rep (I believe trying to make $$) Looked at my husband and I and STILLED Booked us on a (crop duster!) helicopter ride that we were to heavy to even lift off the ground!!! My husband was embarrassed and hurt!(It was his childhood dream) And needless to say I was livid! Because he knew that, the helicopter could not support us! And instead of him just forgoing the commission he rather try to ruin our honeymoon AND make us late for our flight home! Did I mention that this was supposed to be the way we got to the airport to catch our flight! We asked for a refund as well as for Apple to pay for the limo ride to the airport; they gave the refund however we had to pay for the TAXI back to the airport. And if it had not been for Julie at the front desk we would have missed our plane back teh the US. APPLE promotes that ALL transfers are included in our package. THAT IS A LIE!!!

If you are a honeymooner you should enjoy yourself they upgraded our room to Excellence Club(And did not even tell us!) We did have to let the concierge know that we were Honeymooners; once we did we received the banner on the door,the champaign,the fruit etc. (see photos).

Weather: Try to go during the US's winter months. The weather was perfect there.

Any other questions that you have for a African-American Plus Size Couple that you have not received info on please email me or visit our website [--]
It is Translated in Deutch,Espanol,Fances,Italiano,Portugese,Japanese,Korean, & Chinese. Any pictures that don't come out on trip advisor will be on our own website.

I hope that this gives you a guide for you people who research before you go! ~ God Bless J&T

• Stayed November 2004
5 Thank singerjttm11
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2005

We arrived for a full week at Secrets, being re-routed from Mexico becuase of Hurrican Wilma. Expecting a 5-6 star resort, we were somewhat dissapointed. For being in a tropical climate, there was NO ripe or overabundance of fruit! The food was mildly attractive, though the restaurants all began to taste the same after a while. Service in the dining areas was remarkably slow, took some getting used to. The snacks and bar foods were horrible! (although the soft serve ice cream cone stations everywhere were GREAT)
The beach is very relaxing, although if you are expecting calm serene waters to snorkel and float in all day, GOOD LUCK! the waters are very choppy (great for body surfing) not so good for windsurfing. The lifeguards never let you swim the way you really wanted to becuase of constant undertows and riptides, so if you are truly there for water, stick to the pools. (pools are very nice)
Overall the staff was incredible! Very friendly and you can tell that most of them are very appreicative of our staying there, spending money and feeding their families! A very welcoming and warm people.
We are topless bathers, and that was not discouraged on the beach, by the last day I think I had set quite the trend! Ladies, take off those tops it is freeing!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member