Excellence Punta Cana
$639
Iberostar.com
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$338
$237
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$459
$1,100
Excellent 5/5
$908
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$382
$367
$354
HotelsClick
$167
13,971 results
All reviewscascade poolthe grillchez isabellelobsterour honeymoonflavor marketmartini barlas olashorseback ridingswim up barsax playerfrench restaurantbug sprayred flaggreeted with champagneride from the airportother resorts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2005

My Husband and I went to Secrets Excellence for our honeymoon on March 14-24. It was the greatest experience of our lives. The bus ride to the hotel was a little iffy but we got over that. Once we arrived at Secrets we were treated with the utmost VIP service anyone could ask for. Filippe was wonderful in the Excellence club. We also were greeted by Santos who stayed very attentive to our needs the whole time we were there. The hotel was sooooo beautiful from our room to all the fresh flowers in all the hotel bathrooms!!. The bartenders Benjamin and Amado were always ready to serve our favorite drinks Nisibon and CocoLoco!!! Everyone needs to try the MAMAWANNA... its alcohol... silly!!!!
The restaurants had wonderful food and Gregor and Junior in the Texas steakhouse always had our BudLights when we needed them... if you can try the lobster tails they are to die fooooorrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The water was nice and warm.. a little wavy but better than robert moses any day!!! If you can take the catamaran tour to Saona Island. That was a beautiful day and it was very memorable. WE had the best Honeymoon a couple could ask for... Thank you everyone at Secrets Excellence Punta Cana. WE will definatly be back!!!!

36  Thank melissajoyf
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 5, 2005

The service for honeymooners was great. They put petals in the bed and candles in all the entrance of the room to celebrate my husbands birthday. The drinks were great and the food was very good. The Mexican restaurant is the best, trio singin with guitars, good size lobster. The night shows were entertaining. The only bad part was the nice party in the beach, good food, good atmosphere but... mosquitos all over the place, take your repelant!! take the trips to the islands, they are worth it. You will love it

Elba and David

• Stayed: May 2004
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Maine
Reviewed April 5, 2005

We were at Secrets the last week in March, first few days of April. First let me say that the resort is really beautiful and very clean. Staff are very courteous and helpful, always smiling and nice. But -

Our toilet never flushed completely on the first try, the shower door fell off on the third day, it was so dark in most of the restaurants in the evenings that you could not read the menus - let alone see what you were eating.

If you ate the morning & lunch buffet you had to watch out for the flies - they were all over the place, usually on the food. They especially liked the fruit.

Drinks were very weak unless you asked a couple of times for more and the brand names were only in the theater bar in the late evening. The entertainment was pretty good - but it does not start until 10:00 pm, the disco is a joke. Nothing special at all.

Sea: It is very rough, never got to swim in the ocean and the pools close at 6pm sharp! No snacks and service around the pools for drinks was non-existant. It is however a very relaxing resort it you are content to do nothing and I mean nothing but lay by the pool (It is very hot).

Also the country is very poor and they throw their trash everywhere. The people in the Dominican need to wake up the fact that no one will want to visit their country if they keep on littering the way that they do. No dumps what-so-ever!

We will not go back, very expensive resort for what little you get.

• Stayed: March 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DeLand Fl

We stayed 7 nights (and days) at the resort and had the time of our lives,
The resort was absolutly beautiful, all the ammenedities were excellent, the food was out of this world. We always had something to fill our time wether it was a day trip or a planned activity at the resort, we were never bored.
The service at the resort was exceptional,from the food service to the maid service we were 100% satasifed.
We are planning to go again but this time with friends to share the experience

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 30, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the resort march 23rd-27th. I am 26 and he is 27. We had a wonderful time Secrets !!!!!!!
It took about an hour to get there, no problem just checked out the place while he was driving. People were making comments about the drive there and the potholes. Road is bumpy, but this guy could definetly be a NYC taxi cab driver. The potholes were smaller there than here in NY! Check in was fast. We got our luggage right away, and jumped in the pool!

STAFF: Staff was very friendly, and always on top of things never needed to ask for another beer or drink. We ordered room service and came 10 minutes later. Jenny always served us drinks at the theater, all she had to do was look at me and I shook my head and she came with more drinks. Carlos at the bar by the pool was always making double dirty monkeys for me. He just knew the be done in 10 minutes. Staff always said "Hola" when you walked by or even just looked at them. Very polite.

ROOMS: We stayed in building 14 which is little walk to main things, but not bad since we stuffed our bellies with food and drinks. The bed was very uncomfortable. Woke up sore every morning, and the comforter was very hard but it was a place to sleep. I was just happy that I was there! Rooms were very clean, and our maid was awesome leaving us little surprises when we came to the room. She picked up my hubbys laundry off the floor, and I was so happy I wasn't the one picking it up for a change!

FOOD: Felix, great eggs man! We like the Texas steak house great steak, and burgers. Manuel was an excellent waiter. The beach dinner was a nice touch, something diffrent.

BEST PART OF OUR TRIP:
We had Miguel the photographer take pictures of us, and that was the best part of our trip. He took 242 pictures and painted us 2 on canvas, and 2 on velvet, and I got a CD of the pics to take home, for $350.00 It was a blast. Will never forget it! He does an outstanding job and could get big bucks in the states for his talent! He had me in tears when I saw the paintings, way better than a helicopter ride for 10 minutes over the fields. He made us look like we belong in a magazine. He is AWESOME!!!! I plan to send him pictures of my children to be painted. This is something that we will have for years and will always remember those moments on the beach.

ENTERTAINMENT: Great job to those who put on the shows for us! They work hard all day long preparing for the shows. Cats was cheesie, but the rest of the nights were pretty entertaining we had a good time. The disco was ok, but played more spanish than other music. It got old after a while.

BEACH: Very clean. Awesome waves to body surf and just to play in the water. Casino was ok, really small. Got lucky, but them played it all to lose!

POOLS: Excellente! Never had problems getting a floatie, or a chair.

GYM: Very cool, they had everything in my workout routine, except for the balls that I like to use for my crunches. The staff member was nice to help those who need some help with machines, and to show them proper ways to use equiptment, and I saw he actually training someone who never worked out before. I thought that was great!

Over all we had great time just relaxing at the beach and pool. (If thats what your looking for) No kids, or teenagers acting stupid. It's not " girls gone wild ". The atmosphere was nice people pretty much kept to themselves, everyone seemed like they were enjoying their stay. Just remember that you are going to a depressed country, and you should not be expecting the Ritz Carlton. I would love to go back right now if I could. I recommend Secrets to everyone. Have a great time! Hope I helped.

• Stayed: March 2005