My husband and I have been to 9 different all inclusive resorts all throughout the Caribbean, so we have a lot to compare.
Resort: most of the staff were very nice, a few rude bartenders, but most were very nice. The housekeeping didn't show up until after 530 a few nights, by then we were showering so we sent them away. The front desk always called the room to check that we got what we needed (extra pillows, wash cloth, etc)
My main complaint about the resort is both outdoor hot tubs were cold. They seemed colder than the pool. I asked the front desk and they said the spas are not heated in the summer, and to use the jetted tub in the room. We had rain the whole week we were there, so an outdoor hot tub would have been nice.
The room was nice and hot water worked great! We were in building 9, third floor and never had a problem with noise or location.
Food: we tried all restaurants except oregano and Barcelona. Chez isabelle was great, agave wonderful, lobster house was good once, then bad the second time. Grill was good for lunch, but one day we waited for over an hour for our food (waiter was rude here too). Flavor market was fun and yummy! Had private dinner at spice, very disappointed, we love thai/sushi and both didn't like spice at all. Los olos great for lunch, but disorganized. If you want pizza order and stay right there or other guests take it! Room service was slow (understandable), but the food was cold both times we ordered.
Beach: beautiful and long beach. Very choppy, but we had bad weather all week. Fun to play in the waves, but couldn't snorkel due to weather.
Excursions: we did horseback riding, fun! Off resort dune buggies, so muddy!
Overall we had fun, main disappointment was the weather, but that's not there fault. We would recommend this resort, and might try Mexico location next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence