We went to The Excellence Punta Cana for an extended weekend and greatly enjoyed our stay. First off, the resort was beautiful and it was clear that the employees took the time to care for the property.
When we arrived, we were greeted with Champaign and a warm welcome. Our room was clean and had a hammock on the back porch. Our room was cleaned very efficiently everyday. We stayed on the first floor of the 6000 building and my biggest complaint here was that our room was noisy because everyone had to walk past it to get to their rooms.
Everyday we got to the pool or beach around 9:00am. One thing that I loved about the resort was the fact that there were chairs available by the pool or beach at any time. The staff tried to remove any towels that were just laid on chairs. This is the first resort I have stayed at where I didn’t feel the need to get up at 6:00am to reserve seats.
There were plenty of bars to choose from and usually we were quickly helped. Drinks were generally very good and the bartenders certainly didn’t skimp on the alcohol. Tipping a few extra bucks didn’t hurt if you wanted to be helped quicker. My biggest complaint had to be the inconsistency in the drinks from bartender to bartender. I would order a really awesome margarita and then go back and the next one I order was undrinkable. Again, this is my only real complaint about the drinks and it was something that is pretty minor.
We enjoyed our dinner experiences at Toscana and Spice the best. We also ate at Oregano and the pizza was okay, though it tasted like frozen pizza. Overall, the food was not gourmet, but it was enjoyable.
The entertainment staff was friendly and fun, but not pushy like I have seen at some resorts. The nightly shows are what you expect, a little cheesy but entertaining to watch.
We would definitely come back to the Excellence Punta Cana for another vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence