Without making this a very wordy review - if you've come to love the Excellence chain and like the idea of an Adults only property then look no further when planning your vacation to the DR.
what we LOVED: The upgrade to the Excellence Club has it's perks! The private section of beach that's reserved is awesome even if you can't do more then spash around in the ocean due to Red flags. The service is excellenct, there are a lot of loungers, cabana's and sun beds and plenty of shade. Servers bring snacks, drinks, pizza at lunch and dessert in the afternoon. No shortage of fresh towels and an amazing view!
LOVED: The layout and upkeep of the property. It was very clean. I loved the personalized service, 2x daily housekeeping, the nightly entertainment, the upgraded minibar. The fact that you can be in an area that's as loud or quite as you want it you be...tons of pros!
What we liked: The food was good- inconsistant in some cases. some was GREAT some was good. We made it through most of the restaurants. It's really hard to recommend one when it boils down to personal taste however what we LOVED was portion size! It wouldn't seem like a big deal to most but to some who enjoy food the 'smaller' portion allowed you to make it a 3 or 4 course meal. The nightly entertainment and bands were really entertaining for resort entertainment! We had one incident with room service however the hotel made up for it and there were no more issues. It's a nice option to be able to eat in after a long day in the sun.
I LOVED the animals that roam free like the flamingo's and the two resident parrots. What people need to know is the RED parrot ( Cheecho) WILL steal youre diamonds or anything shiny in fact. Don't mistake his kindness, if your sporting something shiny he's going for it lol! Super friendly but I have personally witnessed him biting people so if you like birds be mindful of their warning signs... the swans get a little teritorial and chased people out of the pretty eco park but we did see a momma swan in a hidden next so they were extra protective.
I wished I remembered some of the more helpful staff members but over all everyone was extremly helpful, pleasent and egar to please!
We have heard form some who have had the chance to tour and stay at other properties that this in the best resort in Punta Cana. We will stay here again and recommend the Excellence!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence