Totally awesome resort.....my boyfriend and I were there for 7 days last week and only left the resort for one half day excursion (reef explorer) and still wasnt enough time there. THe beach is beautiful, very clean, water was warm (they did put the red flags out) but we went in every day but one- walk to the right just past the point is a bay that's very calm and very warm.... just to the left is the "beach Mall" local souvenier shops to barter with the locals, Nancys shop does couple massages for 100.00 for 70 minutes in an open air thatched hut(way less than the spa) which we planned on doing but we actually got a few little "freebie" massages at the resort -- play the beach games, bingo in the pool etc they give out prizes - the entertainment staff is super friendly, outgoing -- Jonathon and Armando are the best.....the nightly shows are worth going to - Michael Jackson on Sat night and the Circus show (they are brought in from other companies) were super good...the disco is worth going to later at night if you can stay awake after being in the sun all day and eating late dinners....the food was all decent....it's not super spicy but everything had good flavor - the lobster house isnt quite like Maine lobster but you get a lot to eat -- we LOVED not having to make any reservations at any of the restaurants and the longest we had to wait to get into one was 20 minutes one night at the flavor market (small tapas style) -- Spice was good also -- they had an authentic Dominican beach party on Mon nights with a huge outside buffet (definately worth going to) and a pool party buffet one night -- there were so many food options we never got to eat at all the restaurants in a week -- breakfast buffet has made to order omelettes, eggs, fresh fruit, pancakes, mimosas, bloody mary bar etc.
We actually stayed in the garden suite ground floor room and loved the location and we had the same stocked premium alchohol mini bar, jacuzzi tub, hammock, outside patio, free internet as the "club" side had so for us it wasnt worth upgrading and we got the same treatment -- they have a few more huts etc on their side of the beach and a private bar/snack area but we woudnt; have used that anyway.
THe service is amazing everywhere...we tipped a few times for extra service but never felt like it was pressured-- the mini bar guy will give you whatever you want in your room -- we had bailys and coffee on our patio every morning reading the daily "sheet of the day" activity sheet then headed to the beach in the a.m. ; ate mostly at the outside beach restuarant for lunch then picked one of the pools for the afternoon -- dont miss the sports bar , mini golf, darts, pool tables etc and really good after noon ice cream -- jogged through the botanical gardens and the gym is really nice -new equipment
definately a couples place mostly 30-50 year olds-- we met a lot of people -- everyone was very friendly both guests and staff -- cant say enough good things -- i've done a few other all inclusives and this was by far the best service and clean resort :) cant wait to go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Savannahville Tours N.V., Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence