“Excellence was perfecto!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellence was perfecto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Excellence Punta Cana. We had a wonderful time. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. The resort itself is really well run and our room was clean with a well stocked mini fridge with 24hr room service. We were there for their New Years Eve celebrations and we had a great evening from dinner to fireworks, champagne and dancing, we brought in the New year in style. Definitely planning on ringing in 2015 in Excellence.
Thanks to all the staff at Excellence on making our trip far and above what we even expected. I forgot to mention seeing Maria for a facial at the spa. Soooo enjoyed it. Don't hesitate to book an appt there, it's well worth it.

2 Thank Peggy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,495)
  • Korean first
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our second trip to the Excellence Punta Cana. We did not think it was possible to top last year but we were wrong! This is the ultimate resort. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you are made to feel you are the only couple there. There are some staff members I would like to mention that have become family to us. Hector at KafeCafe, Omar at Blue, AltaGracia (who is everywhere), and Ines at the Excellence Club Beach. All of the staff at the Excellence is awesome but these four are exceptional! The Excellence of Punta Cana has become our Christmas family. Our travel agent would like us to try somewhere different but I cannot imagine anywhere being better than here! We will be returning for a third year in 2014. We paid the extra this year to be part of the Excellence Club and the extras were well worth it. The staff in the Excellence Club Lounge are extremely accommodating and friendly. We did the dinner on the beach this year and it started to rain, it was amazing how quickly Angel grabbed our plates and got us under cover and we continued where we left off. Finally, I would like to say that if there is anything you are unhappy with all you have to do is tell them. They go above and beyond to be sure that your experience is perfect!

6 Thank Shelly F
Chelsea, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We just returned to Michigan from a five-day stay and wish we could have stayed longer. From the moment we arrived to our departure, the wonderful staff, location/views, and amenities made the entire experience incredible. Upon arrival, Emely and the guys greeted us with warmth and generosity. Next, I would like to mention that we did pay extra for the Excellence Club and we felt it was worth it. Each and every staff member in the Excellence Club and Excellence Beach area were exceptional. I wish I could name everyone in those areas but unfortunately this post would go on forever.
We do wish to name a few folks in the other areas that were as exceptional. Salomon at The Grill, Milton at Flavor Market, and Joe at Chez Isabelle were all terrific. Omar at Blue. What can we say, he and the crew at the swim up bar were great. Mario and Jose in the Stars Lounge were wonderful as well as Evelyn who served us a few times during the theater shows. They all did a great job of keeping everyone happy even during the busy parts of the day.
You may find the beds to be too hard as a few reviewers have stated. Just ask for a pillow top for the bed and you will sleep comfortably if a softer bed is needed. We always found the rooms to be clean, comfortable, and very well stocked. A tribute to the wonderful ladies who made that happen everyday.
We met a few couples during our stay. Most of them said this all-inclusive beat out any other resort due to the wonderful staff and amenities. My husband and I could not agree more!

8 Thank Andrea S
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our 2nd visit to The Excellence Punta Cana. If possible we enjoyed our trip even more the 2nd time around. The weather was great, a few small 10 minute rain showers, but was bright and sunny the rest of the time. Once again the staff was all very helpful and excellent in every way, a shout out to Jose at the martini bar, we just love him, you have to try the espresso martini, its to die for, actually all the drinks in the resort are very good, the bartenders are outstanding. The food was once again very good, didnt have a meal we didnt enjoy. Love the grill for lunch, the caesar salad with shrimp was the best, ate that almost every day. Best buffet I have encountered anywhere in the tropics is Toscana, something for everyone. Nightly shows are really good, and also a shout ot to Sonia, the best cocktail waitress around the resort, she works all the bars in the lobby and outside at Cafe Kafe, she also works in the Excellence club in the afternoons, such a sweet girl. We absolutely love the excellence punta cana and cant wait to return again next year. The only thing is that going to other resorts now pales in comparison, nothing is as good as here. we call it "the best place on earth" See you again next year

Room Tip: we like the swimup rooms but quieter rooms are garden view
6 Thank Duneandjerry
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

had another fab holiday in june at this wonderful hotel just booked to return 2 july must admit this is our 4th time at this hotel and we already know that in july we will have a holiday to remember staff hotel and the resort are all first class really cant wait to come back thanks to all for making our holidays excellente

Room Tip: groud floor with the garden
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank siobhanjonessmyth67
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Excellence is one of the best all inclusive, all adult resorts we have visited. We just returned from 8 days of "excellence". The beach is beautiful and kept very clean by the resort staff. In fact, the entire resort (grounds, rooms, restaurants) are all incredibly clean. There is as much or as little as you want to do-my husband is always up for games and I am always lounging and reading. Although I know the resort was full during our stay it did not seem crowded at all. We didn't have to wait for dinner (except one night while they readied the table-5 minutes). The food is good. If you expect 5 star US food stay in the US. The food is good and presented very nicely. My husband and I enjoyed all the food we tried. My favorite lunch-The Grill: great grilled fish and really fresh beautiful salads. My favorite dinner was at the Barcelona. Great rib-eye. I usually prefer a walk out beachfront room, but this was a last minute booking and those options were not available. Our room was a garden view and on the third floor. It was lovely and I enjoyed the beautiful ceilings found on the third floor rooms. See picture. Our room was so quiet -I slept great every night. Do pay the extra for the club level rooms. We have done this at other resorts in the past and didn't think it was worth it, but at Excellence is certainly worth it. I really enjoyed the light snacks at the club and the employees there were a wealth of knowledge. The beds are firm but I like a firm mattress. We did ask for a feather cover and extra pillows-just a nice touch. My room tips: top floor and Excellence Club. The in-room mini bar is great and they will bring you any liquors you want if the selection is not what you like. See picture. Note: if you think your air conditioner is not working make sure that your patio and room door are securely closed. The air conditioner will not run if they are even slightly open. No worries about getting a lounge chair poolside or on the beach. There are plenty-even if you get out late in the afternoon. There were no bugs in our room at all. Yes. I got bug bites from walking on the beach. I always bring Off but I always get bug bites just like I do in Ohio in the summer. We had private transportation from and to the airport. It took us 35-40 minutes . Easy drive. Nice new highway. Make sure to visit the parrots and pink flamingos. They are amazing. The spa is one of the nicest I have visited and I always go to the spa at whatever resort we go to. This spa was amazingly beautiful and I had the best facial. If you can ask for Oscar he is amazing and wonderful. Omar took great care of us poolside-alwasy stoping to see if we needed anything. Salomon and Loraine in the grill were always wonderful. A note to human resources: I wish I could name all of the people who made our trip so wonderful but it is impossible to remember everyone's name. Let's just say you have done an outstanding job in hiring as all those we interacted with made us feel like very special and valued visitors. Don't hesitate to book this resort. We have been to Sandals and Secrets and thought they were great but this resort is a step above. Please feel free to email me with questions.

Room Tip: Again, the third floor rooms have high ceilings that I loved. I don't think you could have a bad...
8 Thank ScribCincinnati
sagianw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Excellence, PC and I can honestly say that it was the best vacation EVER! We celebrated our one year anniversary during our vacation and the resort staff and restaurant made it not only a night to remember but a WEEK to remember. Their attention to detail and sincere commitment to making sure we enjoyed ourselves was incredible. Everyone is soo friendly and the service is impeccable. During the daytime, the resort offers many different activities for those interested guests but also accommodates guests looking for more rest and relaxation. The different shows every night were all so much fun and the circus act was especially amazing. We cannot wait to go back to our fantasy vacation destination at Excellence Resort in Punta Cana! P.S. Omar at the swim-up bar is the best bartender.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in building 1-9. Building 14 made for quite a hike to the main resort areas so tha...
2 Thank doledolo