“Gets better everytime..”

Ranked #15 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Gets better everytime..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start...my wife and myself discovered this gem in 2011 and come here multiple times a year. Things get better and better. The highway to the resort is usable and you can get there in 35 minutes (it no longer takes an hour).

From the moment we got in the front gates greeted by José who remembered us it felt like home. Check-in is a breeze and I was glad to see my friends Matias and Reynaldo from the front desk who made things so easy.

The resort itself is constantly improving from new walkways to newly renovated rooms and even a new restaurant which brings the total to nine. Bars are scattered throughout the resort just look for José or Vidal they will take care of your thirst.

Breakfast was always a treat since it's a meal I usually skip. The crew at breskfast always took care of us. I'd like to say hello to José Louis, Santa, Ampros, JHonny, Mirvanna, and Rosanne.

lunch time was an easy choice, Edgar and Radhames alway kept us full from the beach grill.

Dinner was always a hard choice with nine restaurants. The food was always good. Our favorite restaurant was Oregano.Victor and his crew which included Pedro, Jhoanna, Olga and the best waiter Castillio kept things fun and interesting. We would also like to say hello to Brenda, Roxanne and Libet three of the sweetest hostesses at the resort.

This resort is the greatest getaway for couples. The grounds are kept clean and with a guy like Rafael keeping the pools clean and spotless we found it hard to say goodbye.

We would like to also thank Roberto for checking up on us to make sure we had everthing we needed. A special thank you to Mr Alberch for running such a great resort and the excellent service we received. Thank you
see you in March..

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank w8tup4me

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,532)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I had a great time at Excellence. I'd say 5 stars with an upgrade to the food, but everything else was fantastic. Rooms were clean, there was fun activities, tons of bars, plenty of beach chairs (if you get to the beach around 10am there are still tons of beach chairs available.. we were expecting this to be much more of a land grab). Basically, Excellence makes everything easy for you so you can just chill out by the beach and enjoy your vacation...

MOST IMPORTANT, we had an unbelievable 5 nights largely due to the incredible service staff at Excellence. A huge shot out to Casandra, Chely, and Ismael, who taught us merengue, spanish, how to kayak in a pool, how to bowl with pineapples... and basically kept it interesting and fun all vacation. These three never stop smiling and having fun, so if you're going to Excellence, make sure you introduce yourself to these guys and say hi from Mike and Marina! They will guarantee a great stay...

Room Tip: We heard that Flavor Market was the best restaurant, but we heard that from other vacationers a litt...
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

This was my first trip to the Dominican Republic and I spent a lot of time sorting through the reviews to pick the best place to get married. I have no regrets about chosing the Excellence Punta Cana and would do it again tomorrow.

We booked through DestinationWeddings.com and Christine Sholander did a great job of not only helping us setup the wedding but also with our travel arrangements. Transportation was through AMSTAR and they were very accomadating, prompt and professional.

We booked the Excellence club ocean view suite because it included the wedding and some other advanatages for only slightly more than getting a standard suite and paying for the wedding. The special service they provide Excellence club guests definitely makes you feel pamered. There is a price for that level of service but if you are using it to offset the price of the wedding it is more than worth it.

The grounds are always perfect even after a night of wind and rain. The pool was always sparkling blue and clean. The beach was always well taken care of. There was always a place to sit around the pool or at the beach. Some people still think they have to try and save lounges but even with this we always found a place close to where we wanted to be.

Be sure and go on the 30 minute horseback ride. Unless you are a true horseman the 30 minute ride is plenty. They work very hard to make sure everyone has a good time so take along some tip money for the wranglers. There are also some local shops to visit after the ride as well. Go for a look even if you don't think you want to buy anything.

If you are into scuba, snorkeling or water sports all the time you might be disapointed at least during the winter months. The whole time we were there the surf was high and the red flags were out so they would only let you out about waist deep. They do take trips to the protected side of the island to satisfy most water sport needs but it is limited right off the beach at the resort.

The weather was beautiful and in the mid 80s everyday we were there. We had some rain about but it never lasted for more than 15-20 minutes and then it was sunny and nice. There is usually a wind which actually helps keep it from feeling to hot. The evenings were mild and we never needed a jacket. Much better than temperatures in the teens that we were getting away from.

Anyone that didn't like the food is never going to be happy. We made it to almost all the restaurants and never had a bad meal. There were four in our party and we would all get something different so we could try several things. Of course there were some things that I like more than others but it was all well prepared, hot and beautifully served. The best resort food that I've had anywhere and no hassles of making reservations and never a wait of more than a minute or two to be seated. The portions are a bit small for a big eater but that left room for desert without feeling stuffed. If you need more ask for it or go and start over at another restraunt. It doesn't cost anything.

The bars all had top shelf liquer and the bar tenders came up with some awesome drinks. Give them a hint about what you want and they would come up with something that was your new favorite drink.

The evening stage entertainment is very good for a resort and is definitely worth checking out. One night they have their equivelent of the dating game which is very funny. They had some other bands and lounge singers that were also very good and seemed to please a lot of the crowd. I understand that the norm for the Domincan is for clubs to open late but I think they would improve their offering by opening the clubs earlier.

The spa is worth a trip if you enjoy that level of pampering. The spa is clean, bright and very relaxing. The treatments are all top notch and the staff is excellent from the time you walk in to the time they pour your relaxed body out the front door.

I just can't say enough about the entire staff. We wanted nothing and they made our entire stay better than we could've dreamed of. The entire staff went out of there way to make our stay as nice as possible. We never felt pressured to tip anyone and I think we would've gotten the same great service with or without tips but these people work extremely hard and really appreciate it when you give them a few dollars to show you appreciation. You know you are doing something nice when they ask you your name and they remember it for the rest of your stay. I would recommend taking about $200 in $1s and $5s if you are a good tipper and a moderate drinker.

As I mentioned this trip was for a wedding and I couldn't have been happier. From the time that Destinationweddings.com turned us over to the resort wedding coordinater right through the ceremony we had nothing to worry about. A few days before the wedding we gave them all our documents and went through a few details on the wedding and that was the last we had to deal with it. On the big day the Best Man I met Livia at the bar in the lobby and she took us to the gazebo. A short time later the ladies showed up in the horse drawn carriage. The flowers were beautiful, the ladies were beautiful and the ceremony went off without a hitch. Livia and Emy were there through the whole thing and we had nothing to worry about. After the ceremony and pictures we met the judge and signed the official documents to make the marriage legal. Definitely a day that we will never forget as it was perfect in every way. Thank you Livia and Emy for making our dreams come true.

The photographer took amazing wedding pictures and it was a real struggle to narrow down our choices to fit the package we had purchased.

I just can't say enough good things about our stay at Excellence. Great people, great service, great food, great weather, great resort, great, great, great... I will definitely go back in a few years for our anniversary.

Room Tip: I would definitely chose a room that was not on the ground floor. Our room was 8104 over the main w...
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We are so glad we chose Excellence Punta Cana for our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel like royalty. From the bellmen to the bartenders, everyone was so warm and friendly. It was as though everyone anticipated our needs and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. By the end of our first full day at the resort, my husband and I were planning our next visit. The food options were great, but not flavorful enough for my tastes. However, that was a small thing, EVERYTHING else trumps the food. Excellence Punta Canta is indeed "excelente!"

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room on the second or third floor. We had a first floor room and we could hear eve...
Franklin, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We Stayed at Excellence Dec. 8th-15th. The airport was quite nice. the trip from the airport was about a 40 min ride, on a new 4 lane highway. Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted by a friendly staff. Our check in time was 5min.,and our bags beat us to our room as we were taking in the beauty of the resort. The grounds of the resort was amazing, along with the food, drinks, and everything from beginning to end. We did not upgrade to the excellence Club, not sure what could have been any better. we had everything at our finger tips. Not to mention the 24hr. room service was nice. Thanks to everyone at Excellence for a perfect vacation.

1 Thank TobyT1590
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed at Excellence Dec 15th -20th in a standard room overlooking the cascade pool. I've been reading these reviews for months since we booked and I also recieved a lot of great tips from the people in the forums - I have a couple of tips in the review, but I honestly don't know what they could do to make this resort better.

We bought through Delta Vacations - which was due only to pricing. Tip #1 - do not take the included transportation - get a cab. The vacation started with a little delay in the airport as once we got to immigration, their computer system went down. We were 3 people from the booth and had to wait about 45 minutes, finally they just let people through, stamped passports and we were on to the transportation. The company that Delta uses, dropped us on the curb, where we waited for an hour to get in a van. Never again. Just when we decided to get a cab a van magically appeared.

The resort, people and food were all very good, above my expectations for an all inclusive. We felt the food was as good as EPM in Mexico but the service was much better. We enjoyed every meal and the drinks were easy to come by with quick service at the beach and pool area. Chairs and palapas were easy to find find and very much available all day.

The mail pool is huge but we enjoyed the cascade pool more with a relaxed environment and a bar feet away. Towels were easy to come by and there wasn't much of the "saving chairs" situation as you simply didn't need to.

We had great meals at The Grill, Lobster House, Chez Isabelle and Spice. No waiting for more than 5 minutes at any of them and service was very good once seated. I really like that while we tipped at the end, it didn't make a difference in the service proviced. Room service had some good selections and came quickly.

Our favorite place to have some mid-afternoon cocktails was the Sports bar which a lot of people didn't know about. Kendry was a lot of fun and did a great job with service and entertainment.

If we ever head back to the Dominican, we will definately come back to this resort. It was a great value and we had a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room in block 3 or 4 overloocking the Cascade pool if you have a standard room
2 Thank BBWI
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

This resort was better than expected, don't know where to start but I'll have to start with the staff that made it such an amazing trip, going out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. I arrived and left feeling like I was treated right and have the staff to thank for that (and my boyfriend). Over at the sports bar we had the pleasure of meeting someone who is the best bartender not only because the cocktails were amazing but because he was so friendly and always in proper manner and good mood. Not worrying about whether they will receive a tip, genuinely caring for you and making you feel like family. That is what you look for in well mannered and excellent staff and the Excellence Punta Cana had that and so I can not say enough good things about him.

1 Thank 599helenam