I wanted to take my wife on a romantic getaway to a beautiful place. Excellence Punta Cana was exactly that! From the second you arrive, you are greeted with smiles and champagne!
So, here is my official "review" to inform potential travelers on what to expect here.
This resort is a solid 4 star but the staff makes it a 5 star for us.
The Excellence Club. Nice to have for the little extra it costs if you can afford it.
What you get. The Excellence Club itself which is located right off of the pool so you can run up and mix your own drink, grab a snack, get in some AC for a few min. They also have better coffee than the restaurants or bars. Always have snacks out to nibble on. There is also a private beach reserved for Excellence Club members with slightly better beach chairs and cushions.
The food was certainly not fine dining but it was better than good at most of the restaurants. Anyone who walks into an all-inclusive expecting amazing food will be disappointed. But Excellence probably has some of the best food for an all-inclusive.
Las Olas was ocean side and did have American food along with other selections. Hot dogs, burgers, fries, tacos, pizzas, nachos, etc. They also have to-go trays so you can take some cheese fries back to the beach or pool.
The Grill was very good for lunch but breakfast was more limited than the buffet obviously.
Oregano. Big disappointment. If you want pizza, go to Las Olas or wait for the 12:30 pizza rush. They carry and hand out pizzas everywhere around 12:30 every day and they are actually not that bad. Perfect if you want to stay in the pool and just have a little something to soak up the booze.
Tuscany. Breakfast buffet is great. They have everything from Bloody Marys, to custom omelets, pancakes, french toast, bagels, fresh fruits and cheeses, on and on. Can't go wrong. We did not go there for dinner simply because I am Italian and cook it all of the time at home.
Lobster House. They DO cook lobster for everyone there so do not expect a perfectly cooked lobster. It will more than likely be slightly over done but still pretty fair.
Spice. Awesome. Sushi was good, Pad Thai was great. Wife had fried rice that was ok.
Barcelona. Appetizers were all we had but they were great.
Agave. Miguel is the best! Food was good and the service was great. Miguel remembered me from the previous day at one of the bars. Sat us down and grabbed a champagne ice bucket, sat it beside me and put a handful of Coronas in it for me! Amazed he remembered me by name and that I liked mexican cervesa. He made our dining experience there GREAT!
Le Chez Isabelle. Good food. We are not into french food but it was fun to try.
Room service. It was good. Not great. Eggs Benedict was cold on day 1. Sandwiches are good. Eggs Benedict on day 6 was good. There is food everywhere you go so we only used it a few times.
The Terrace Suite with Ocean View was amazing. Great views and we had our own place to hang out in our private lap pool or outdoor bed.
Excellence has a pillow menu... so if you are picky like me, no worries. They have foam, feather, etc. for you to choose from. You can also request a mattress pad.
Overall this resort was wonderful. The food was better than we expected but some of the staff really stood out for us. Gerald and Franklin with the snorkeling and scuba excursions, Miguel in Agave, Inez at the pool/beach concierge cabana, Chely with pool activities and entertainment, Juan and Kelvin and Kendry and Felix and Vargas were all at bar/pool service, Luis Jansom also with bar service. These people worked to make our stay excellente'!!!
There were other staff members as well but these are the people that really made a lasting impression with us.
We are looking forward to another visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence