My wife and I were here from feb 14th - 21st. We had an outstanding time, and will definately return. As other's have said, the ride from the airport is long, and bumpy - 1 hour at least. But that didn't bother us, and it was fun to see the countryside and how the dominican people live. The resort is just breathtakingly beautiful. Huge marbal foyer, all open air. Immaculate grounds with dense plantings and flowering trees. Definately a paradise appearence. Beach is equally beautiful. It is the atlantic so there are waves - 2-5 feet and constant. As I am from the east coast, I found it very safe and enjoyed the surf. The red flags were out all week, but lots of people swam.
Just a few hundred yards to the right, the water gets very calm, perfect for leisure soaking, and even snorkling, We saw many fish, cool coral and sea sponges etc... and even a huge conch. Very warm water, and a nice turquoise blue color. Our room was excellent, building 3 3rd floor. I wrote a letter in spanish a week before our arrival requesting this room type and was accomodated. Ocean view, very quite location, king size bed. Our only room problem was the screen was constantly off track, it was fixed as we requested, but fell off again the next day.
No mold and my wife is very sensitive, marbal floors, plenty to space.
$3 every day kept it very clean. Minibar always re stocked. Would not recommend any buildings by the pool bar, unless you like to party. Food was good. I never ate anything and thought, you must taste this it's perfect, but was happy with all selections. Besides, if you don't like it, send it back and get something else. With all the options available, if you can't be satisfied with the food selection, you have a problem. Drinks were great and tipping is not looked for, but greatly appreciated. We brough 125 ones, and was happy to distribute them. The people are very polite and work very hard to please you. No problems with communication either. Bring cash and shop at the mercados next to the resort. Items are much cheaper than the vendors that set up in the resort a few nights a week. Overall, although not perfect, was worth a five star rating for our experience. Will definately go back. Feel free to contact with questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Savannahville Tours N.V., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence