We just got back from our honeymoon at Excellence Punta Cana from 6/18-6/25 and absolutely loved it! The resort is not too close to the airport, but that was one of the reasons we chose it. From the minute we arrived we were taken care of. We stayed in the Excellence Club building 7202 on the 3rd floor. It was right over the pool bar with an ocean view so during the day it was a little loud, but we were rarely in the room during the day. The pool bar closed at 6ish so it got quiet soon after. There are a lot of mixed reviews about whether to do the excellence club or not, but for us it was definitely worth it. Since we are beach people the private area was perfect. It was definitely warm, but with the breeze coming off the water, it was very comfortable and while at the beach we rarely started to sweat. The beach was nice, but the water could be rough. We took advantage of it and used the boogie boards a couple of afternoons. If you do plan on using the boogie boards/go out into the water read up on rip currents and how to get out of them. If you aren't vigilant, they can surprise you. We loved the onsite spa and got 2 massages over our 7 days. Keep a lookout for the daily spa specials on the newsletter you get. It will save you money. We tried all the restaurants except the French and the Italian ones. I can't complain about the food. Nothing was the "the best thing I ever ate," but everything was satisfying. Tips are not expected, but we chose to tip when we received excellent service and when the staff would bring us drinks, food, etc. I do need to give a couple shout outs to the fantastic staff at EPC--Abrahon, Reynaldo (at the front desk), Miguel, Yerlin, and everyone in the Excellence Club office, thanks for making our vacation memorable!
One last note...we didn't know this, but June and July is their slow season so it was much less busy and we never had to fight for a seat at the pool or the beach and we didn't have any waits for any of the restaurants. If you can manage to take your vacation during this time, you will be rewarded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence