My husband adn I stayed here 30/3-13/4 with another couple of friends. Had read all the reviews for months before, and were really looking forward to it, though part of me therefore expected to be disappointed with such a big build up. I certainly was not disappointed. The rooms are amazing - and we had only booked the basic room; the minibar was not in any way mini - full size bottles, and anything you wanted could be brought up to add to it. Room service menu was immense and the service instant.
The pools were cleaned daily with several young men inside the pool with cleaning equipment. The beach had a morning tractor to work on it, plus men all day seiving the debris out - not that I could see any! Waiters and waitresses coming round all day to serve you requested drinks - are give out cocktails and snacks. Do meet Altogracia by the main pool - she is hysterical and works so hard!!!
14 days is a long time to spend at a resort, but as the days went by we just felt more and more at home. If there was a fault it was that the hotel has nothing around it for miles - it took 2 hours to walk along te beach to the next hotel and back. So it would have been easy to get bored, but there is so much going on throught the day and night with the amazingly friendly entertainment team that we never did. Loved Kassandra for her sunny and caring nature and her daily stretch classes on the beach. Great to have an entertainments team member who really knew her stuff and helped me a lot. The others were just as much fun - esp Luz and her crazy bingo calling ("Next number people!")
Evening entertainment is mainly dancing and miming to 70's music, Michael Jackson etc, but the dancing is spectacular and full of energy in that heat. The 'Romance' singer was excellent and the saxophonist superb. Much more I could say but others have said it. Believe them.
Food has been critisized, but for all-inclusive I thought it was great. If you didnt like what you got in one restaurant you could always go to another. Portions were more than adequate. Rarely could I finsih mine. The breakfast buffet had everything imaginable, and was the best I have ever experienced. Lunch buffet too. It is nice to have the waiter service at lots of restaurant choices in the evening.
Other possible downside was a lot of loud drunken americans during the Eater weekend, but they were having a good time and didn't bother us much. They have very short holidays, so why not go for it! My husband soon forgave them the noise when they welcomed him into the daily water volleyball games - his favourite bit. My favourite bit was the daily free massages! And I did do a trip to the spa - a bit pricey, but the aqua circuit is amazing, and beautiful.
I could say more, but you get the gist. This palce could not do more to ensure a great beach style holiday, providing everything you could possibly need. Do not hesitate to book it! Feel free to email any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Savannahville Tours N.V., Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence