We arrived at the airport and were immediately escorted to the luxury bus that would take us to the Excellence. It was a 50 minute ride to the resort that went by very quickly. Upon arriving at the Excellence, we were greeted with a cool towel and a glass of champagne. A really nice start to a vacation that would prove to be memorable. We were escorted immediately after our glass of champagne to a private check-in at The Excellence Club, which is an upgrade that is well worth the money. Check-in was painless and after you can go up to the private lounge that has great food and drinks for its members. When we were done with our drinks, we were escorted to our room and was greeted by fresh fruit and a bottle of champagne. Our room was a swim up junior suite that was absolutely worth the upgrade to The Excellence Club. It had a beautiful terrace, a hammock, and a great view of the pool and ocean.
To say that the staff was helpful would be an understatement. Every member of the staff would go above and beyond to make sure you were happy during your stay. Every time you would pass a staff member in the hallway they would great you with a smile and say 'hola!'. Everyone made you feel at home. The staff that took care of our room was first rate. The housekeeper that cleaned in the morning made the room look as if you just arrived at the room for the first time. The mini bar was stocked every day and the turn down service happened every day at 7pm.
The pool was huge and clean as was the beach. There were lounge chairs, beach beds and palapas everywhere. You never felt like you were crowded with people. There were waiters everwhere to make sure you had everything you needed. They also came out at lunch and passed out pizza.
The food was great! It wasn't 'New York' 5 star, but it was certainly innovative and delicious. The first night was spent dining at Spice, an Asian inspired restaurant that was great. The tuna rolls were great and the grouper was out of this world. Our waiter, Jonathan, was the best and the sevice was impeccable. Next on our list of the 8 restaurants was Chez Isabelle, a French inspired restaurant that offers a wine list that isn't part of the 'all inclusive' package. We did order from that wine list and the wine service was perfect. The food was delicious and the tenderloin was cooked perfectly. Our waiter, Larry, went above and beyond to make our dining experience a memorable one. The breakfast and lunch buffet were great. There were an endless number of things to choose from. There was something for everyone. The same could be said about the breakfast buffet. All the food was fresh and they were constantly changing pans to make sure everything was hot and fresh. Our waitress, Josalyn, took care of us during breakfast and lunch and remembered what kind of juice we drank and what we liked to drink at lunch. She was outstanding. There were also 'sit down' restaurants for both lunch and dinner.
We opted to do a whole lot of nothing during our stay, but there were numerous activities during the day that you could participate in. The shows at night were certainly entertaining. the Circ de Soleil inspired show was spectacular.
The whole experience was great and would definetly go back. I should also note that we are a gay couple that at no time felt uncomfortable at this resort. We were treated just as every other guest was treated, exceptionally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence