Excellence Punta Cana
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$335
$261
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$270
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$136
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$234
$128
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$382
$230
$465
$311
Bookit.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$218
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$292
$194
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$508
14,135 results
All reviewscascade poolthe grillchez isabellelobsterour honeymoonflavor marketmartini barlas olashorseback ridingswim up barsax playerfrench restaurantbug sprayred flaggreeted with champagneride from the airportother resorts
Reviewed March 10, 2013

First of all I would like to thank all of the staff at Excellence for making our first trip to Punta Cana, DO, one of the best vacations we've been on yet. The food was good, the drinks were good, and SUPER WILLY was our favorite entertainment staff member. We stayed at the resort the the whole trip and were never bored.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim M
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my 5th time returning to the Dominican Republic, and for the first time I can actually say I would return to the resort I stayed at. The Excellence in Punta Cana was just that, excellent. I won this trip through an incentive at work and went with a large group of co-workers (there was about 16 of us). The hotel staff was great, friendly and attentive, and knew English well. The employees at the front desk were polite and patient especially with me, considering I kept loosing my room key...The rooms were a tad dated but none the less you only sleep in your room anyways. People complaining about the beds being hard I do not understand, they were super comfortable and I slept good every night. The bathroom shower was unbelievable, I want to put one in my washroom at home. The food was by far the best I have ever had in the DR. Spice was my favourite restaurant. In all my trips to the Dominican this was the first one where I actually didn't get sick from the food, drinks, ice, etc... The casino was fun too, everyone I went with won money. I thought it was great that the hotel had staff all the time coming up to you asking if you needed a drink, even by the pool. Good quality alcohol was available (even though you had to ask for it). I guess these are the perks that come with going to a 5star and I will definitely pay the extra money in the future to get the same service and quality in food and drinks I received. This was by far the best hotel I have been to going away and if I ever plan on returning to Punta Cana I will definitely consider returning to The Excellence.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ELeigh373
Reviewed March 8, 2013

After traveling to many islands in the Caribbean over the years, we found one resort that had everything that we wanted in a vacation resort. The resort is the Excellence Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We have just come back from our 5th year during February School vacation week and found that it has improved if that is possible. The staff includes people that have been there every year which tells you something about the management. The staff that you have direct dealings with are fluent in English and really make you feel that they get satisfaction from making the vacation the best that it can be. The front desk manager makes your checkin easy and makes you feel that you are the number one guest there. The weather is perfect - 82-84 with possibly 5 minutes of rain in the morning. You can pick from 8 different restaurants, all of which are good, and you do not need reservations. Our favorite is Spice. At night there is always a show as well as the opportunity to gamble in the small, but adequate casino. I just know that when we arrive at Excellence we will be treated to a wonderful vacation in every respect.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Audrey Y
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a six night stay at this resort and found it just average. We have stayed at many all inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean and will not be going back to this one. We had the swim-up Junior Suite which was a great set up but the room was dingy and very old. The room also had a terrible musty smell. The grounds were beautiful but again needs updating. We had no complaints about the food. It is exactly what we expected from an all inclusive resort.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This resort was wonderful. We did not upgrade to the Excellence club and don't think you need to spend the extra money. The beach and the staff make the Excellence worth the trip (and the hour long ride from the airport). We were welcomed with glasses of champagne and a friendly "welcome home." While the rooms/buildings could use a little bit of updating, they had everything one needs for a tropical vacation, and all we did was sleep in them, anyways. There was a wonderful rain head shower, a big jacuzzi in the middle of the room, a hammock outside, and we had no problems with the bed being too hard. The room was stocked with alcohol and beer and waters.
The beach was beautiful. There were always enough chairs under shade no matter what time of day it was. Wonderful service on the beach of staff bringing you extra chairs if needed, putting cushions on them and providing towels. The beach drink service was great too, always someone there if you want a drink. The pool area did seem to run out of chairs earlier in the day, especially in the shade, but I didn't travel to the DR to sit by a pool, I went for the beautiful beaches.
The food was so-so. The best we had was probably at the French restaurant. Breakfast had a good variety. The lunch grill is great, too. The drinks were good, although sometimes a little strong. The bartenders seem to know how to make anything. You MUST try a coco-loco! Room service also delivered good food 24 hours a day.
We only watched one of the shows, the Circus show, and if it is going on while you visit, it is a must see. Cirque de sole (sp?) style, they were very talented. We walked by the disco show which seemed a little silly.
We happened to be staying over valentines day and they set up a big valentines day dinner outside around the pool area. That was a nice touch.
The only negative I can think of was the spa. I have gotten many massages in my life in the States and abroad and this was perhaps the worse one I have ever gotten! I had to stop the girl halfway through because I was afraid she was going to damage something.
But otherwise, the staff was second to none. Everyone always smiling and asking what they can do for you. I would 100% recommend the Excellence. It is definitely a romantic so maybe not with your friends or family but a wonderful couples vacation.

Room Tip: We were in building 12 which was one of the furthest away from the main resort, I would ask for one closer like 6.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple