This is now our second trip to Excellence Punta Cana and we didnt think it would be possible to beat last year but they have done it once again, and it was BETTER this time. The place is pure luxury but it is the people that make this trip what it is. Some of the staff are amazing and go above and beyond their jobs.
Make sure to visit Vidal at the cascade pool, he remembered us from last year and really looked after us whilst we were at the pool, whilst having a laugh and a joke, and the level of service he gives really is beyond his job.
Also a special mention to Carlos Tomas at Agave, who really looked after us, espcially when we had a poor meal and an even poorer experience at The Grill (service there was shockingly bad in the evenings), he set us up a romantic meal in the courtyard for the following evening and even bought us ice cream outside one night. He really did everything he could to make up for the poor experience at The Grill, even though it was nothing to do with him or the restaurant he worked in.
Oregano has improved 100% on last year, the food was really nice and the service from Jhonny Alburquerque and Mavtin Valdez in particular was amazing, between them made the evenings at the pizzeria really enjoyable.
The only one bad thing about this whole trip was The Grill, which is a shame because last year it was amazing, but this year the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful, and the chef wouldnt even cook us what we wanted!
The rooms are really nice and clean, the pools are well looked after, the whole hotel is just another world but yet it felt like home for the two weeks we were there. If you encounter any problems at all see Roberto at Guest Services, he will do everything and anything to solve your problems, make sure you are happy and everything is good, he really really looks after you and cares about your happiness whilst there. He is a credit to the hotel.
Also if you visit make sure to find Rosemary, Frank and Samil at breakfast who will help put a smile on your face from the start of the day. In the day visit Jose at the beach bar. At night visit Moya at Stars and Ramon at Martini who will both look after you and have a laugh with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Savannahville Tours N.V., Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence