We came to Excellence in late August/early September, during the off-peak season, and it was quiet and relaxing. The resort was less than half-full, and we truly felt like the we had the place to ourselves.
After the drive from the airport (about an hour), we were warmly welcomed with champagne as we headed to check in. Check in was a breeze, and the open air lobby area is gorgeous. The rooms were nice; quite large, with an unobstructed view of the ocean and beach from the balcony. After one day there, we realized that the balcony doors must be closed all the way in order for the air conditioner to start in the room. Interesting feature. Housekeeping could not have been more lovely--non-intrusive but helpful when you needed them. I requested more coffee and received it immediately. When we did not want to be disturbed, we were given our space.
The grounds were very nice, and the pool area is large. Due to the lack of crowds, we had the pool practically to ourselves, as well as the lounge chairs. The beach was great too; there was an ample amount of space and lounge chairs, and was somwhat private. The surf was rough when we visited, so we mainly swam in the pools.
There are vendors on the premises that visit. They are somewhat agressive with their selling tactics, but friendly enough. At first glance appear to be resort empolyees.
All of the restaurants were great. We particularly loved the Lobster House, and ended up there two nights in a row. There were plently of choices. The breakfast buffett was wonderful! So many juices (watermelon juice, yum!).
We lost money in the casino (of course), but liked the fact that they had one. It is small, and very 1970s-gaudy, or, if you prefer, retro-not-so-chic. It was cool in a kitschy kind of way. I think the slot machines still spt out quarters.
They offered a lot of activities like Pilates, Yoga, and Spanish lessons) plus some fun night activities like karaoke, and a Michael Jackson impersonator who was actually quite good. They love MJ in the DR. We were also free to just relax in peace if we wanted. My husband did take an ATV tour on the beach that he said was interesting.
It is a far drive from the airport. But we had a fabulous time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence