A friend and I stayed for 6 days and had the most wonderful time. It was far better than I expected it to be! We arranged airport transportation with the help of the resort and that was perfect. The bell staff met us with sparkling wine, took our bags, and took care of everything for us (Special thanks to bellman Toni from Spain!)
We had a garden level room in one of the far buildings, and it was clean and well stocked upon arrival and after housekeeping each day. The wireless internet was very fast. We ate at the French restaurant, Spice, the lobster house, and the pool grill - all were very tasty! We gambled in the casino and had lots of fun there! The evening shows were also tons of fun. The events staff obviously works very hard! We ordered room service for breakfast each morning and got ready for the day while we waited for it to arrive. I went to the gym each morning and was honestly shocked by how lovely and clean it was! The machines were all in perfect working order and there were plenty of things to choose from. I've been to many all inclusive resorts and have never seen a gym like that.
We spent the mornings on the beach (we were well taken care of by the beach wait staff and always had a fresh drink), then moved to the pool in the afternoon (service by the pool was also excellent, they brought by pizzas, tacos, and fruit).
We didn't do the excellence club, so I can't speak to whether that was worth it, but I do know that our service was spectacular without being in the club.
The staff members were all exceptional and went above and beyond for us. Moya (at the sports bar), Toni (at the bell stand), Tito and Juan Carlos (activities) are just a few of the names that stand out.
I do recommend the following: Bug Spray for being outside at night, maybe some itch cream if you do get bitten by mosquitos, lots of 1$ bills for tips, make sure you order the coco-loco (it's fabulous), and just go there with a positive attitude and loosen up! It's a great place!
We met wonderful people and made great friends! Thank you Excellence for a fabulous vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence