Just arrived back from The Excellence Punta Cana (Nov. 8 - 13, 2012) and it was probably one of the best vacations I have experienced. My boyfriend and I went there for a wedding (which was beautiful) and could not have been happier with our stay. First off, the grounds are immaculate and breathtaking. When we arrived we were greeted with champagne and damp wash cloths to wipe our hands with.
The rooms were spacious, with a jacuzzi that we used almost every day and seperate bathroom with a partially see-through shower (wink, wink). The only thing was I felt the beds were a little uncomfortable and next time I will probably bring an extra blanket and pillow for myself. We were placed by the Cascade Pool (seperate from the main area) which has a waterfall and personal bar with beds and chairs to lay out on. You could spend the whole day in this area sipping on Coco Locos (highly reccommended drink) and catching some rays.
There are about 8 restaurants featuring italian, mexican, japanese, french, lobster etc. food.Our favorite was the Lobster House and Spice (japanese restaurant). Every other one was so, so. Spice we went to twice during our stay because we loved it so much and the servers were the best. The buffet is also enjoyable. There is many choices and stations (homemade omlettes in the morning and chicken/steak they'll cook for you on the spot). We usually ate there for breakfast and lunch.
The pool is huge, especially in the main area. The water is also kept clean and there is a swim-up bar inside. I would reccommend bringing a float and blowing it up when you get there because the ones given by the hotel are usually taken by 8 am. We brought our own raft and enjoyed every minute of it.
SERVICE IS OUT OF THIS WORLD! These people are just so nice and helpful. When we called for champagne to be brought to our room, it came right away. Jonathon and the servers at Spice (even the host) were just so nice and helpful. That's the main reason (besides the food) that we ate there more than once. During the shows that happen every night, there are servers walking around and bringing you drinks. It's just insane how accomadating every one was. It made the trip so enjoyable for us.
Finally, the mosquitos, like every one has said, are really bad. So bring bug spray and put it on (especially at night)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence