“Best Resort in Punta Cana”

Excellence Punta Cana
Ranked #14 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is my third time I have stayed at this resort and can tell you it's the best. I have stayed a another one nearby in Punta Cana and it was too large a property and the attention to the guests was not what Excellence provides. The pool at Excellence is fantastic, the EXCELLENCE CLUB is the way to go. You have a separate area for club members that provides top shelf liquor (Grey Goose), etc. You have the use of I Pad's at no charge, horseback riding on the beach, and some delicious snacks. The rooms are upgraded to provide a fantastic view of the ocean or gardens. The choice of restaurants is good, our favorite is the Lobster House and the Grill. This is adults only and is well worth it. The Coco Loco's (beach drinks) are poured in to coconuts and are the best. I highly recommend if you want a romantic getaway with clean rooms, attention to the guests then stay at the Excellence....you will return for another stay.

Room Tip: Rooms poolside and garden rooms have hammocks and a view of the ocean or garden.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ronaldw703

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We just returned from Punta Cana Excellence where twelve of us spent five amazing days. Absolutely amazing! Staff was most accommodating, so very friendly and treated us like royalty the entire time. Pedro made amazing drinks at the swim up bar and your glass was never empty. Roberto made us feel like we were at home and went out of his way to make our birthday boys' special day extra special. Yanilka (or JJ as we called her) was there to make our trip memorable and that she did! Food was great and presentation of it was over the top! Nightly entertainment was good. Rooms were beautiful - loved the rain shower. The Grill was by far our favorite place to eat - lunch and dinner! Breakfasts were good, very nice variety of things to eat, the French Restaurant and Lobster House were very fancy and made us feel special. Drive to the resort is about 1 hour from the airport - but well worth the stay and gives you time you take in the country. I would recommend Excellence to anyone looking for somewhere that makes you feel like "royalty"! Thank you to the entire staff at Excellence Resort Punta Cana!

Room Tip: We were in building 6. Every night a tree lizard "sang" all night. If you are a light sle...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I have just got back from this resort having spent the last 2 weeks there with two very close friends. I have to say that having been to the Dominican 5 times in total spread over 3 resorts, that this is without doubt the best yet. My wife and I had returned to one particular resort 3 times and thought we had found what was very close to our ideal location, however this place knocks spots of all other locations. The staff are all you could wish for and nothing is too much trouble in order to assist or serve you. The food is very good and the rooms are first rate, we had a 3rd floor room which I believe is the best option if given the choice. I agree with Maria B about Omar and Gabrielle as they are indeed a comedy act which is not only funny but makes you feel even more at home with the resort. While mentioning the staff I have to point out that the General Service Manager Roberto Puello is the hardest working member of any hotel management team I have yet to come accross, he is assisted by Yanilka. Between the 2 of them nothing is overlooked in order to make your stay that much more special. I would recomend this resort and look forward to returning as soon as possible

Room Tip: There are 14 blocks of rooms spread throughout the resort, the lower numbers are nearer the main rec...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank WFGR
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My two friends and I met for a long weekend. Although the resort was mainly couples we all still had a great time he staff was unbelievably helpful and friendly especially our beach buddies Omar and Gabrielle. They were like a comedy routine everyday and always seemed to show up precisely when we needed refills of our drinks. The food was ok. Breakfast was my favorite meal. I would recommend his hotel and I would return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maria B
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We traveled down to the DR for a couples adult trip that we make with some friends every year. We picked this resort b/c of multiple referrals of friends that had recently gone. We opted for the Club level and got ocean view rooms. Ask for a 3rd floor room. All of the club level rooms have been updated and it was nice. The 3 rd floor rms have high ceilings and a slightly better view of the ocean.

Overall - we had a blast and I'd recommend if your looking for a nice all inclusive. This place wasn't wild while we were there and it was really nice and relaxing.

Road trip - contact the hotel and arrange for a private shuttle to the hotel from the airport. The driver was an employee of the hotel and showed up w/ a cooler of Presidente beer for the 45 min trip to the hotel.

Club Level - I liked this for the location of the rooms, and for the location of the beach area. The EC level has a section of beach w/ a concierge located on the beach. There was no crowds in the EC beach area but I did notice that it was crowded in the other areas. For this alone I'd recommend the EC level.

Pool - quiet and relaxing near the EC rooms. The area near the center of the resort was a lot more lively and crowded due to pool activities. The pool bar was nice and the guys were great and fast. It was never really crowded and was easy to get a drink.

Beach - it was nice, but looked rough. Once you get in it wasn't as bad as it looked. However, if you walk to the left on the beach towards the point there was a nice swimming area. It was worth the walk, we did that a few times.

Room Tip: Get an EC ocean view 3rd floor room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SctsOut
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been to the Dominican Republic many times. It is my top carribean destination for many reasons. Beauty, its people, the music, and the value.

I visited Excellene for the first time the week the first week of September.
See pics below. The hotel is beautiful and clean, the property is tropical and amazing.
Dinners on the beach, Hors d'œuvre's by the pool, great food and liquor, many restaurants everything is great.

What makes this hotel special are its people! Unfortunealty I cought a cold out there (change in weather) every worker there know and helped anyway they could, preparing home made teas, cough syrup (onion, honey, lemon). In the end the Barcelo helped best but the point is the people are beautiful and humble. Going back ASAP.

Shout out to Herpy and the bartender at Alegria Club (Funny name - Funny Guy) made the party!
Shout out to Omar at the Las Olas bar. Thanks for delivering all the Coco Locos.

Room Tip: I didnt see the difference in a regular room to a club room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were last at Excellence Punta Cana in 2010. Coming back did indeed feel like coming home. We were given (as Requested) top floor garden view room in building 11.

The rooms have all been renovated and are very nice as others have said. The finish may not be quite up to European or US standards but still very nice.

If at all possible the service was even better than last time your glass really was never empty.

I cannot possibly list individual members of staff because everyone we met tried their best to make your stay a happy one.

We also experienced quite a few days of a very loud pool scene and yes it did appesr to be Americans. I think it would not have been a problem had the cascade pool been open as it is much quieter there. During the aafternoon once the alcohol had taken effect it really was quite bad.

However this did not detract from the overall great experience.

We will return without doubt. Thank you Excellence for a great time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple