I choose Excellence Punta Cana for my Destination Wedding in the summer of 2010 and could not have been happier. I've been on a few all inclusive vacations and this was by far the best one I have ever done. Here are my positives and a few small negatives:
The staff was amazing and I don't think I ever heard the word "no" no matter what I asked for or requested. The scenery was beautiful with winding pools and a beautiful beach. A junior suite is the lowest category room they have and it was gorgeous - no need to upgrade. One of my favorite things about this resort is you did not have to make reservations at the restaurant. With over 30 family and friends, it would have been difficult and annoying to organize that every morning, and was very nice to just be able to get up and go to dinner whenever and with however many people you wanted. I opted for the "complimentary wedding package." It was so easy to work with the wedding coordinator. When I arrived she showed me a book of options to choose my bouquet, wedding location, cake, etc. It was so simple, stress-free and everything was gorgeous.
One small complaint would be that the ocean was pretty choppy and difficult to swim in, but the beach and pools more than made up for it. Also, this is one of the farthest resorts from the airport so took a very long time to get there (and for some reason 2x as long on the way back to the airport) because you stop at so many other resorts on the way. However if you are really worried about this you can always pay to take a taxi. I also heard that you can take a helicopter ride which would really make the trip shorter and more beautiful (but pricey!)
Overall I highly recommend this resort for a Destination wedding or just a vacation. I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Orbitz, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence