What a great honeymoon spot! This was our first time at an all-inclusive place and our first time in the DR too, and we enjoyed it a lot. From the time you arrive in the breezy, open air lobby to the final goodbye, it's luxury all the way. My husband and I were very impressed by the service (and it's true, throw in a little Spanish - even if they're just saying it to be nice they'll compliment you), our room and the grounds. Went to the beach every day - the water was great and the beach was gorgeous. Loved spending hours under the shade of our own little thatched umbrella, with waiters coming by to bring drinks. There's a great little grill right on the beach where they make woodfired pizzas and other items in the afternoon, so you practically never have to leave the sand. Pools are great too.
Food: it's not going to win any major awards but we did enjoy it, especially Agave and the Asian place. Keep in mind that most places have a dress code - a.k.a. no flip flops and tank tops at dinner - but you don't need to dress to the nines. Round-the-clock room service is genius, and we took advantage of that more than once. The cocktails are great, especially the margaritas. The bed is a little firm like everyone says, but not that bad. We stayed in one of the honeymoon suites, which has it's own balconies and a hot tub outside. Never got around to using the hot tub, but the view of the ocean and the breezy balcony was fantastic.
Tried the spa too - very nice. Got a couples massage... not quite as good a massage as I've had in the states but very relaxing.
For us, five days was just the right amount of time. Bring sunscreen (duh), a relaxed attitude, a little Spanish if you can, some cash for tipping, and you'll have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence