“summer holiday 2010 -drop down screen doesn't offer this date!!”
Review of Hotel Riu Naiboa

Hotel Riu Naiboa
Ranked #78 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
London, United Kingdom
“summer holiday 2010 -drop down screen doesn't offer this date!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My eldest daughter, then 22 years old, took me here for my 50th birthday. I paid for my son and youngest daughter, then 17 and 15, to join us. The All Inclusive here was overall good value as there was even a bar in the room, which i've not found in any other all inclusive hotel. We stayed in the hotel part at the top, as there are a range of areas in this complex...with the bungalows, the palace part to the right when facing the sea and then the top hotel bit. It was a very large complex and there was a street with local shops selling tourist wares and paintings and arts and crafts down to the bottom pool area, with a casino off to the left. There was no variety on restaurants, although it said there was and so only food options were the buffet and snack bars, which for a veggi was rather repetative, as choices weren't great. However, the hotel itself was great and the staff worked very hard to ensure guests had a good stay. The pool staff ran lots of games and aqua areobics classes and the maid service was exemplory. My only problem with the hotel was that it is very antiquated in its colonial attitudes and indeed I was saddened by the Dominican, which is owned by American and Oriental big businesses and the little to nothing seems to be fed back into the country by these conglomorates, as the people are very poor and work long long hours for very little pay. In fact it seemed that the staff at the hotel were grateful to have a job there as at least it meant they got to eat and drink, even if it did mean a 5 mile walk home along unlit country roads at night...it was tragic to watch. All hotels are on enclosed campuses and it is unsafe to go outside unless in a cab or hotel tour bus - perhaps the hotels should treat the locals better and then there might not be such resentment and desire to rob?? Anyway, that having been said, the staff at the hotel were outstanding and made for a great visit. There were a good range of free watersports to do and we did a great air gliding trip too. Snorkeling in the Caribbean is well worth it and the Ron (rum) is in endless supply everywhere...which suits me down to the ground!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leearna O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 8 days in a Standard room with 2 adults and 2 kids ages 2 and 5.
Rooms - cleaned daily, enough towels, fairly small for family of 4 as we had an extra bed. TV worked with variety of channels. Room 181 was above reception so away from entertainment and quiet apart from the odd late night "disagreement" in the hallway!
Food - repetitive to say the least. Grilled fish every day, fried vegetables, pasta. Limited choice at breakfast, bacon only available once. Snack bar at beach was ok but again very repetitive.
Service/Staff - we were surprised to find that the people here rude, unhelpful and uninterested in the customer. The odd 1 or 2 were the exception. An example: water machine was broken an my husband asked where he could find water. The waitress replied "you can't read? Where it says WATER". During my sons birthday (our waiter, who we tipped decorated our table and arranged a cake) we left the restaurant only to forget the camera on the table. I returned just 5 mins later and the table was cleared by our waiter but there was no camera to be found. Disappointing as all the pics from his birthday were lost.
Beach - a short 5 mins walk from the hotel. Pass the VERY overpriced shops on the way. The beach is incredibly busy!
Pool - the pool is clean and cleaned/checked regularly. You've got to be quick for a sunbed as they get reserved quickly.
Entertainment - we didn't see an evening show as the kids were tired. Activities took place during the day and people seemed to enjoy taking part. Darts, ping pong, aerobics etc.
Kids - not really recommended for kids of a young age as there is no kids club or activities. You can use the kids club at Riu Bambu but you must supervise the children as a guest of a different hotel. There is a kids pool there with slides and waterfalls but we found a few older, boisterous and unsupervised children which wasn't ideal for the little ones.

Overall - you get what you pay for. It was ok. I wouldn't return.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Verasito
Toronto
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The only thing that was not terrible was food. Everything else bad, they lost my reservation, got stuck in the elevator. Riu should be ashamed to put its name on this hotel. It is not on the beach!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beatka_f

Travelers are raving about these Punta Cana hotels

Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel isnt as confortable as it could be, but if you are young, and you wanna have a good time for less money is really nice.
I went there with my friends since 08/28/13 from 09/01/13 the wednesday we arrived they had this amazing stripper party at the disco. You had to pay 3 US$ for the cover but the other nights they charge nothing.
The hotel is not that big, and the food is very limited and easy to get tired of it, but i read what another customer review said about turning the bracelet around and it looks white, just like the bracelet of the resort next door The ¨riu bavaro¨ and there the food was slightly better. But from what i saw, the food and beverages were pretty much the same in all resorts (because this hotel is in the riu complex around 4 others hotels) so, if u really worry about the food or beverages it doesn´t worth the money the upgrade because you will get the same.
This is an excellent hotel for young people who wants to party, because the night life at the bar and at the disco were amazing. the disco closes at 4am which is later than everyone else.
During the day you wont get enough entertainment, because the only thing i saw they got was the bingo, but, since i spent all my days at the beach it wasn´t really a problem for me.
the beach is like a 4 min walk from the hotel.
the pool doesn´t have a bar inside it, so you have to get out the pool get your drink and go back.
The service is really nice, all the people treats you well in there. if u speak spanish is better
and you have free sauna, and jacuzzi at the spa... no much people knows about this but now you do, and you should use it.
and well the best food was the breakfast, but for me the desserts were also amazing.
the casino was too small for my taste, so i didnt waste the time there
I had a great time, and meet some amazing young people like me.
and i think is a great hotel for having a good time for less money. :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Bella A
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My title pretty much sums up this resort, modest. The rooms are not updated at all. The staff maintains it very well and it was very clean. I loved the balcony as well. Everyone seemed friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the bar that was located near the pool. The food was OK at best. The beach was very nice and fun. There were different activities that me and my boyfriend could participate in. The night club was very lively for me simply because I love to dance not because it was great. Also note, you have to pay separately in the night club for drinks. Lastly, please utilize the in-room safe. My boyfriend's watch was stolen and guest services offered no restitution but merely advised us that we should have used the safe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ms_Mi_Mi34
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

very disappointed!! so i usually don't write reviews but this experience i had to share!!!.... I booked this hotel at Mk travels here in Miami the lady told us it was great for first timers in Punta Cana so we did. the staff at the hotel are very friendly they work with what they have. as for the hotel itself its horrible.. the pool towels smell really bad they were dirty with black stains with the threads hanging out. the pool closes really early and they do not let you in at night or after 6 pm. one of the days the hotel was full of local residents who were loud, rude and even eating inside the pool (which was very dirty). the bar is really far away from the pool ad they do not let you in the bar area if you are wet. the staff at the bar are very friendly Osvaldo the bartender took care of us and he made awesome drinks even though the have VERY cheap alcohol. as for the food at the buffet not many options, same food almost everyday... the meat was under cooked full of grease and salty. the lack of food being cooked was irritating everyone. there was no ice to put in the drinks so everything is hot. one day i tried to make reservations at the hotel restaurant and food manager Juan Jose told me that it was booked later that night passing by i saw the restaurant empty. so the next day i made my reservations and went, my friend decided to get a the salmon because the menu was very limited (only 3 options) to make the story short she found a hair in her food and her salmon was raw they did nothing about it so we had to run to the buffet to get some food. on the other side the hotel had good entertainment and it was very close to the beach. overall i don't recommend this hotel i rather spend a little bit more and get better quality of drinks foods and activities.

Room Tip: Ask for view to the pool!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ijulietc
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Omg, I have been to several all inclusive a mostly in the DR because I am Dominican but this place is an absolute embarrassment. It started with the front desk. The guy there who was Haitian had horrible English and terrible Spanish to communicate with him was a pain. He was rude to me in both languages. None of the staff with the exception of the guys at the bar have any idea what hospitality or customer service is all about. The rooms were outdated they gave us actual metal keys and cards to get ONE towel to use for the whole day. Yes we were drunk the entire time and had to throw up multiple times thanks to all of the alcohol is bottom of the bottom shelf. So we go to our rooms to go vomit lol but the toilets don't flush. So I called the front desk to see if they can send someone to fix it and the same rude idiot told me that thinks break in the USA so why should I be upset that the toilett broke. So I go the the bathroom in the Lobby and water is spewing out of all of them. Absolutely everything was awful. Finally when we're ready to get the hell up out of there tried to call our cab and they wouldn't allow it because the they have a specifics company that takes you to the airport for 2x more than what everyone else charges. Lol. It was awful all the way around. Don't waste your money or your time on this place I wish someone high up in the chain of riu resorts reads this cause what we payed was comparable to all of the other hotels in punta cana as well as puerto plata. We spend months saving up to have a couple of days in paradise it's a shame how this company doesn't value us the patrons.

• Stayed July 2013
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#81 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Hotel Riu Naiboa? Share your experiences!