“No Mas”

Be Live Collection Punta Cana
Ranked #66 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I just returned from a 6 night stay at Punta Cana. I hate complaining but I'd had enough by day 3!! The staff is friendly but I think they are overwhelmed by the number of guests they have on any given day. It must feel like hoarding cattle, there were so many people!! I can't begin to count the issues we encountered; having to be moved several times, no washcloths for days, mosquitos galore, smelly room, rude salesclerk at the resort gift shop, rude guests, tough to get "required" dinner reservations, inefficient check in process, language barriers (I don't speak Spanish)....did I say mosquitos galore!! This is a nice facility - I just think they need to really work on improving a few processes. Not sure what they can do about the mosquitos. :) At any rate, as my title indicates - No more Be Live or Punta Cana for me!!

Room Tip: Ask about what the different color arm bands mean. We never really received a really good answer bu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Teresa S
There are newer reviews for Be Live Collection Punta Cana

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I just got back from a 7 day stay and I must say that this was the worst place I have ever had to stay. There is too much to complain about, the only thing I enjoyed was the horse back riding! The beach was beautiful! But the rooms, no matter how many times they moved us sucked! the smell, the food, It was an experience and I can check Punta Cana and all of BeLive Resort off of my list

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Donna T
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I just got back from a wonderful vacation at this place. The beach is beautiful, fine white sand, calm turquoise water, very child friendly. If you can sail a catamaran (included) you can go see dolphins. The resort is right on the beach, you can walk everywhere.
The food was delicious, LOTS of healthy choices at the buffets. We had no trouble getting reservations at the a la carte restaurants either, just do that ASAP after you get there. Get fruit for dessert, it tastes amazing!!!!
The pools are very clean and the swim up bar is sooooo nice. There's something very exciting about swimming with a cosmopolitan in your hand:).
Our room was spotless! I am very picky!!! I usually wear shoes even in the shower, this place was so clean I was barefoot the whole time. They give you toothbrushes, toothpaste and a full size shower gel/shampoo. It was nice to not have to deal with those annoying little sample bottles.
The entertainment was great, lots of different games, shows, dancing, super fun hardworking people that seem to be there 24/7. Ask the guest services for a schedule.
The highlight of my trip was the friendliness of the staff. They make you feel welcomed and pampered. You don't have to lift a finger while you're there. You can leave your empty cups anywhere and they pick up after you, they try to serve you quickly, they are very accommodating. These people do not expect tips, all inclusive means tips are included in the price, they are that nice for free. We tipped a few of our favorites, our cleaning lady, coffee guy at the Mexican restaurant, swim up bar guy and childcare lady and they were so thankful!!! We tipped them at the end, so their customer service quality was not biased:). I am absolutely in love with Dominican people!!!
Now, before I went, I read some bad reviews. Huge mistake, so I want to share my experience, in case you did too and you're scared to go:)
There are NO roaches! Not even one!
The AC works!
There are no more flies or mosquitoes outside than in your own back yard, but if you choose to eat inside there are no bugs!
The rooms get cleaned daily!
The front desk staff is friendly and helpful!
The food is great, plenty of choices and will not make you sick! They use clean water to wash veggies and fruits.
The cocktails are yummy! So is the beer. And the wine! You get the picture;)
Sales people do not harass you! There are tour guides that might say hi and ask you if you want their services but if you say no they just leave. The vendors will give you a great deal on their goods, if you're interested. But none of them are pushy.
The beach has seaweed. They pick it up every day, but that's kinda like shoveling while it's still snowing. If that one bothers you, well then...:)
One last thing, we booked through Vacation Express, it was a Groupon deal. They fly a charter plane, Miami Air, most fun flight ever, very relaxed and friendly flight attendants, quick direct flight. So if you're wondering if you should trust Groupon with your next adventure, I'd say go for it! It was everything they promised and then some!

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Inesgosner
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was my first time staying a Be Live Grand Punta Cana and I was really impressed by the awesome service that the staff provide specialty in the restaurant area. I had the pleasure of having Jose Almanzar and Luis Mesa as a waiter in the Buffet restaurant, those two young men went above and below their service. Every time they saw us coming they pick a table for us and already knew and my husband was a coffee drinker and I'm not. They were very pleasant and professional at all time. I would definitely return and advise anyone that is thinking about going to please go. I love every bit of my vacation and I can't wait to go back again :)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy O
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The Animation team was very good and they helped us a lot to enjoy our time there. Special thanks to Pucca, JC, Coca Cola, Maribell, Shampoo, Pepe, Super Mambo.

The food and restaurants were good but the tables and salt-shaker were not that clean. In block 5 there was a problem with the alarm and it was beeping every minute during our first week of stay. We couldn't sleep well, but the problem was solved later.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zaf Z
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My friends and I just returned from a weeks stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. I can't say enough about the kindness of Guest Service Manager, Marino Gil. I had contacted him before our trip with some of the concerns I had read in the guest reviews. Upon arrival, I asked for Marino and he greeted me with so much kindness and enthusiasm, remembering me from our first correspondence. He went out of his way to make sure our accommodations and visit were everything we could wish for, for a week of relaxation. Marino walked around the resort with us and introduced us to the different employees we would encounter during our stay and right away we felt we belonged there and couldn't wait to start our week we had been looking forward to. I was very pleased with the resort as a whole. I do wish the casino was in operation as that would have gave us more to do in the evening. One small suggestion would be to upgrade their towels and the amount they leave in the room. Otherwise all was great. Thank you Marino!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Francine M
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I went with my family to celebrate my husband's # 36th birthday and all I can say is that It's a pretty hotel, but.... broken a/c and cockroaches in the room. Bad service. Horrible food! (Except at the French restaurant). Do yourself a favor and stay away! Book your vacations to Punta Cana in any other hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Now Garden Punta Cana
Iberostar Dominicana Hotel

Been to Be Live Collection Punta Cana? Share your experiences!